From a solitary candle to the brightness of the Son - leaving Mysticism

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Brother, you make it sound as if it's okay to treat a migraine by chopping head off.
That might work but I can think of less painful over the counter solutions.

If there are "many truths"*, the battle is one of imagination only, if truth is exclusive, the battle lines are drawn and people choose their sides, for or against it.

*Tengrism accepts that there is 'no one true religion'

Tengriism believes there are many paths to God. As Mongke Khan, the fourth great Khan said that just like Tengri gave man five fingers, he has also given different ways to reach God. If you are righteous in your thoughts and upright in your spirit, it doesn't matter which religion you follow. Tengri will accept you.

Bacsi

Star
That might work but I can think of less painful over the counter solutions.

If there are "many truths"*, the battle is one of imagination only, if truth is exclusive, the battle lines are drawn and people choose their sides, for or against it.

*Tengrism accepts that there is 'no one true religion'

Tengriism believes there are many paths to God. As Mongke Khan, the fourth great Khan said that just like Tengri gave man five fingers, he has also given different ways to reach God. If you are righteous in your thoughts and upright in your spirit, it doesn't matter which religion you follow. Tengri will accept you.

Truth is love. There is no love in disrespect and humiliation.

When an Orthdoox mitropolit was executed at my hometown 100 years ago by the Bolsheviks, everyone came out to his funeral. Shamanists, Muslims, judaists, Catholics, atheists, Baptists, you name it. He showed immense love to all people even at the worst times of revolution and war. His prayer notebook contained many names, including those who sentenced him to death...

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
1 Corinthians 13

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not [b]puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails. But whether there areprophecies, they will fail; whether there aretongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
"Christian Gnosticism" - an Oxymoron

1 John 1

5This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:7But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Should People Trust In Psychic Readings?
By Marcia Montenegro

Television psychic hotlines and shows featuring psychics have become more popular. Psychics (sometimes called clairvoyants) will tell you that everyone has psychic ability which can be developed. Just who are these psychics to tell us what is normal? Shouldn’t we examine their practices, ideas, and claims, and see what God has to say about all this first?

http://reasonsforjesus.com/should-people-trust-in-psychic-readings/

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
As a child I remember looking with horror at stilton cheese in the Supermarket. My mum said she didn't like it but if you try a bit, get used to the taste, you mught eventually take to it. The "elites" keep on churning out the same message. Perhaps they are following the same theory as the mouldy cheese but I have to ask "who in their right minds would buy into this?!"

I’m so happy for Steven (my ex-cult leader). I started learning Astral Projction from this guy. So glad he cut his hair, removed the buddha earring and we’re on the same team now. Praised the Gracious Lord.
What was the astral projection like? Did it work?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
During my time on this forum I have had some interesting conversations with people I genuinely like from different spiritual standpoints to my own. In the spirit of that, the experience of Steven Bancarz here resonates with discussions I have had with @Faker He-Man @Aero and @Bacsi ...

Lucid Dreaming and Astral Projection

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Oprah’s New Age ‘Christianity’ Exposed: Dangerous Heresy
By Steven Bancarz

In this video, we are going to examine and expose the New Age Christianity of Oprah Winfrey. The reason I say “expose” is because Oprah continuously advertises herself as being a Christian while rejecting the essentials of the faith, but it’s not JUST that she rejects the essentials of the faith, it’s that she deliberately rejects Christianity while promoting New Age spirituality. Oprah Winfrey is a professing Christian on one hand, and the most prominent New Age teacher on the planet on the other.

As one of the most influential women in the world today, there are few people doing more to confuse the church in the last decade than Oprah Winfrey. While running the Oprah Winfrey show and other shows like Belief and Super Soul Sunday that maintain all religious paths are valid paths to God, and while organizing her infamous book club that promotes New Age authors like Wayne Dyer and Eckhart Tolle, she confidently and repeatedly asserts herself as being a Christian while holding the following beliefs:

• God is an energy or impersonal force in the universe, not a personal God in Heaven
  • Jesus didn’t come here to die for our sins, but to show us how to live from “Christ consciousness”
  • Jesus isn’t the only path to God or to Heaven
  • Man is divine by nature and not separated from God through sin
  • There is no text (such as the Bible) that defines once-for-all doctrine and theology.
  • We can create an understanding of God and spirituality that suits our preferences
  • Reincarnation
Unfortunately, each one of these beliefs contradicts the Bible. A person cannot hold a single one of these beliefs and be considered a Christian, let alone all of them at the same time. She also believes Anti-Christian New Age teachers like Deepak Chopra are trustworthy spiritual authorities.

One day, Chopra is debating with Christians like Mark Driscoll or Greg Koukl that Jesus isn’t the only way and the Bible is corrupted, and the next his Eastern mysticism is being promoted by Oprah. This is extremely confusing to Christians who follow her.

Is she a Christian or not? Let’s take a look at some clips where Oprah reveals what her she really thinks about Christianity.

http://reasonsforjesus.com/oprahs-new-age-christianity-exposed-dangerous-heresy/

Dalit

Star
Also if anyone, "Christian" (so called) or otherwise, encourages you to look for angels or heavenly portals, run. Do yourself a favor and don't listen to them and run. I didn't run even though I knew better or should've known better because the man intrigued me and love bombed me. He then went cold and rude and showed his true colors that he didn't have any fruits of the Holy Spirit. Thank YHVH for opening my eyes and getting me out of there. An evil spirit was afflicting me during that time because I was "curious" and I followed a man, two men really, because they seemed really cool and I was totally following my flesh.

Dalit

Star
Should People Trust In Psychic Readings?
By Marcia Montenegro

Television psychic hotlines and shows featuring psychics have become more popular. Psychics (sometimes called clairvoyants) will tell you that everyone has psychic ability which can be developed. Just who are these psychics to tell us what is normal? Shouldn’t we examine their practices, ideas, and claims, and see what God has to say about all this first?

http://reasonsforjesus.com/should-people-trust-in-psychic-readings/
And modern day megachurches are letting this witchcraft in. Christalignment cards (tarot cards) and other forms of necromancy have been let in. Have seen it personally. Also, even if a "prophet" is right, remember that even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Sorry to be so vocal about this. It is shipwrecking the faith of many. If not for the grace of God/YHVH, there go I. I was almost a casualty, too.

Notice the triangles in the Heaven logo; another symbol hidden in plain sight.

Dalit

Star
I’ve read extensively on Bethel and IHOP. They are dangerous. I have friends involved in ministries connected with them both. One of them has gone off into so much fruitless, over-the-top heresy that God will have to remove the scales from their eyes.

I went to a “prayer conference” a few years ago and it was wacky with no spiritual fruit, just a lot of feelings hype. I’m thankful now, though, that I went and started researching them. I got more fully into the Word of God and into a solid church that teaches the Bible.
You and me both, sister. After getting away from that mess, I went and signed up for a Precept Bible study (https://www.precept.org/) almost every day of the week. Should've never left such serious study of the Word. Yes, it is better to be even in small or smallish church that teaches the Word than a large megachurch tickling the ears and appealing to the flesh. Went to one megachurch with a friend and house dance music was playing outside while we all waited to get in, like a line at a nightclub. It was surreal. Do the dubstep while you're waiting in line. The service was more like a rock concert and the sermon barely used the Bible but was about encouraging people to tithe and serve. My friend loved it and I looked at him like "Are you kidding me? This is a bunch of mind candy." Don't really hang out with him anymore since I don't care for the direction he's going in and we really have no similar interests. Heard today from someone whose daughter served in a megachurch that it's marketed that way to get more people in the door. Get them in but don't disciple them? Don't teach them the Bible? No older men mentoring men and women mentoring women? Probably not since most people there are 30 and under. That's not Biblical (not discipling; it's okay to be 30 and under, yet it's best to be in a church family with people of all ages).

Will keep praying that your friends and my friends and all involved in Bethel and the like have the scales fall off their eyes. I did know some good people connected to IHOP who got out, but yes, the stories from there are heartbreaking, too. Actor Pierson Fode is a prodigal now who was hurt from being publicly shamed by a pastor/mentor at IHOP. Oddly enough, I learned about that from a podcast done by two guys from Bethel who call themselves The Liberation Project. It's actually a decent podcast, a little salty in language, but when they started getting really New Agey, I stopped listening to them, too. Just Google Tyler Deaton and Bethany Deaton and there's a sad story that IHOP tried to distance itself from but yet was responsible for creating an environment where crazy and tragic things happened.

Last edited:

Dalit

Star
Thanks for the information!! I love Precept studies. I have done several. So deep and rich. I am always amazed at God’s Word after talking the time to learn in that way.
Yes, it's probably the best Bible study. If you've not done Covenant already, that's a great one.

Found the Pierson Fode interview if you're interested. I do still like The Liberation Project, yet they had some episode on avatars and they support people I don't agree with so thought it was time to get away from that, yet love Justin and Blair's vulnerability and practical therapy. Justin's unashamed crying over his father touched me deep. Sorry to ramble. It's at minute 30 where IHOP is mentioned. Warning: there's some f-bombs.

Dalit

Star
During my time on this forum I have had some interesting conversations with people I genuinely like from different spiritual standpoints to my own. In the spirit of that, the experience of Steven Bancarz here resonates with discussions I have had with @Faker He-Man @Aero and @Bacsi ...

Lucid Dreaming and Astral Projection

Thank you for sharing. Just repented and asked for all my dreams to be protected by Yeshua. My dreams are like movies, full of color, top production value, and at least once I was able to manipulate stuff in one. I only want Yeshua/Jesus. No more dabbling as unintentional as it was. I know when I was in NAR (New Apostolic Reformation) dreams were given too much importance. I think something left after I prayed. So grateful. Baruch HaShem!

Last edited: