Foster kids given to pedos, for sex.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
This is absolutely demonic. But our US foster care system facilitates the same things here. We need to start finding out who to see about situations such as this while its going on, not have our hearts broken long after the children's lives have been shattered and we can do nothing except learn. Learning is an important key, but action is the vehicle.

Aero

Superstar
Child services and family Court in America is like the wild west.

Anyone remember that kid in California who was tortured and killed by his parents? There's a documentary on Netflix about it. Apparently half the state of California knew the kid was being abused and literally did nothing.

justjess

Superstar
I’m not sure any of you understand how the system works and the limits under which CPS workers are placed.. I haven’t watched the documentary yet because I’m not sure I can handle it but I will try to give it a look so maybe I can comment on some of your concerns/the issues.

The system is fatally flawed but there’s reasons for it that seem to be lost in the mix when this is being discussed. And 99% of the time it’s the opposite end.. CPS should just leave people alone and mind their business. Can’t win if you do, can’t win if you don’t. And in the end tragedies happen and poor innocent children get caught in the tug of war.

Awoken2

Superstar
I’m not sure any of you understand how the system works and the limits under which CPS workers are placed.. I haven’t watched the documentary yet because I’m not sure I can handle it but I will try to give it a look so maybe I can comment on some of your concerns/the issues.

The system is fatally flawed but there’s reasons for it that seem to be lost in the mix when this is being discussed. And 99% of the time it’s the opposite end.. CPS should just leave people alone and mind their business. Can’t win if you do, can’t win if you don’t. And in the end tragedies happen and poor innocent children get caught in the tug of war.
I recently watched a very disturbing documentary that highlighted the corruption which pervades the CPS service in the states. It showed how children are being taken from good homes with loving parents and put into Foster care just to generate social care income. There was a case where a mother who was suffering from terminal cancer and she had her daughter taken from her because she was using medicinal cannabis to alleviate her pain. I nearly wept watching it.

As you know Jess I work in social care with kids with complex issues and I can tell you first hand that there are organisations who capitalise on their plight. I've recently blew the whistle on a company that I was sent to work at as I felt they were exploiting a young girl for their own financial benefit. They got closed down within ten days of me making my complaint.

I will try and find the documentary link, can't remember where I watched it but it's very harrowing.

I'm not suggesting the entire industry is corrupt because it's not. There are many good hearted people who work in this industry who genuinely want to improve the quality of the lives of the kids they look after.

But where there is money involved that also attracts the bottom feeders also

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
What do you mean by social care or care home? I’m not familiar.

There are federal laws that make it very hard to remove kids from homes. I’m not sure people understand this. Most of this depends on self report. If no ones reporting it’s a bit difficult to do anything. It’s just a complicated issue.

Awoken2

Superstar
Social care just refers to children who are placed into the care of their local authorities and residential care refers to the businesses who accommodate these children on behalf of those authorities.

Aero

Superstar
I agree that the Government should mind its own trashy business.

I also believe in calling a spade a spade. If the government can't even protect a little kid, what good are they, I mean really? We are going to let some red tape cost American lives?

At least we all should know now. When our lives are at risk, the Government is going to be too worried about "liability" to actually do anything meaningful.

justjess

Superstar
Ehh that red tape, generally again I didn’t watch this so idk, is based on the fundamental right of parents to their children. It’s to prevent government intrusion in personal liberties. Where the line should be drawn idk, it’s a tough call to make. Draw it too liberally and the state can take kids for nothing, draw it too stringently and kids get left in homes they have no business being in.

@Awoken2 ok. In all the years I did that job I only had one kid placed in residential. All the rest were either placed with relatives or foster homes. The one who went to residential was because she just kept running away.. she wanted to go back to her mom. Her mom was strung out on drugs and homeless so it wasn’t possible. She needed to be somewhere that could monitor her 24/7 because she couldn’t just be running into the streets at 3am.

There is a lot wrong with the system. First and foremost it is severely underfunded and the social workers who staff it don’t have the resources to adequately do their jobs. No one can properly monitor hundreds of kids without something falling through the cracks. There are other issues as well. Plenty of them but I don’t know if you guys truly understand or realize how incredibly difficult that job is.

I had a family of four kids in foster care for over a year, worked intensely with their mom to get them home, she completed everything we asked of her I went above and beyond making sure the home was ok, the mom was ok.. I brought them home and an HOUR after I left the boyfriend bit off moms finger in a drunken rage in front of the kids, the older son jumped in between him and the mom with a knife - it was a disaster I had to turn right around and take them back. I had no way of knowing this was a risk. Mom never reported anything, no criminal record, passed his substance abuse screenings, kids never said anything.. life is crazy. People are crazy. Not every thing is so clear cut.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I recently watched a very disturbing documentary that highlighted the corruption which pervades the CPS service in the states. It showed how children are being taken from good homes with loving parents and put into Foster care just to generate social care income. There was a case where a mother who was suffering from terminal cancer and she had her daughter taken from her because she was using medicinal cannabis to alleviate her pain. I nearly wept watching it.

As you know Jess I work in social care with kids with complex issues and I can tell you first hand that there are organisations who capitalise on their plight. I've recently blew the whistle on a company that I was sent to work at as I felt they were exploiting a young girl for their own financial benefit. They got closed down within ten days of me making my complaint.

I will try and find the documentary link, can't remember where I watched it but it's very harrowing.

I'm not suggesting the entire industry is corrupt because it's not. There are many good hearted people who work in this industry who genuinely want to improve the quality of the lives of the kids they look after.

But where there is money involved that also attracts the bottom feeders also
"I've recently blew the whistle on a company that I was sent to work at as I felt they were exploiting a young girl for their own financial benefit. They got closed down within ten days of me making my complaint."
Hero Status.......

TempestOfTempo

Superstar

There are federal laws that make it very hard to remove kids from homes. I’m not sure people understand this. Most of this depends on self report. If no ones reporting it’s a bit difficult to do anything. It’s just a complicated issue.
I can tell you from personal experience that those federal laws you are mentioning are either not applied or non-existent because individual states, counties and even sometimes municipalities will take children away from their parents or natural family.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I agree that the Government should mind its own trashy business.

I also believe in calling a spade a spade. If the government can't even protect a little kid, what good are they, I mean really? We are going to let some red tape cost American lives?

At least we all should know now. When our lives are at risk, the Government is going to be too worried about "liability" to actually do anything meaningful.
"I also believe in calling a spade a spade. If the government can't even protect a little kid, what good are they, I mean really? We are going to let some red tape cost American lives?"
Look at how fast they "lose" migrant children when they are imprisoned at the border. While its true the system is overburdened and broken, a lot of these issues are intentional. They are not a result of accidental situations.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
I can tell you from personal experience that those federal laws you are mentioning are either not applied or non-existent because individual states, counties and even sometimes municipalities will take children away from their parents or natural family.
I can’t speak for systems I’m not familiar with. La s existing to make it difficult to remove a child does not mean children won’t be removed. You are supposed to put all efforts into keeping a family together first before removing. Different states interpret that differently, even in the same state different judges can interpret it differently.

Awoken2

Superstar
In all the years I did that job I only had one kid placed in residential. All the rest were either placed with relatives or foster homes. The one who went to residential was because she just kept running away.. she wanted to go back to her mom. Her mom was strung out on drugs and homeless so it wasn’t possible. She needed to be somewhere that could monitor her 24/7 because she
As sad as that situation is it isn't an uncommon one Jess. Through slow, systematic detrimental societal changes there are a growing number of families falling below the poverty line and as you know when people fall into that situation they usually then start self medicating to deal with their hopeless situation, this then leads on to the breakdown of the family unit and then you have more kids needing social services intervention.

There is a lot wrong with the system. First and foremost it is severely underfunded and the social workers who staff it don’t have the resources to adequately do their jobs. No one can properly monitor hundreds of kids without something falling through the cracks. There are other issues as well. Plenty of them but I don’t know if you guys truly understand or realize how incredibly difficult that job is.
I couldn't agree more here. I've worked with many social workers from all areas of the UK and it is quite apparent that they are all unable to cope with their growing number of case files. If you also factor in that the budget for social care has constantly been reduced year by year in these austere times then what you end up with is a broken system which is open to abuse.

I had a family of four kids in foster care for over a year, worked intensely with their mom to get them home, she completed everything we asked of her I went above and beyond making sure the home was ok, the mom was ok.. I brought them home and an HOUR after I left the boyfriend bit off moms finger in a drunken rage in front of the kids, the older son jumped in between him and the mom with a knife - it was a disaster I had to turn right around and take them back. I had no way of knowing this was a risk. Mom never reported anything, no criminal record, passed his substance abuse screenings, kids never said anything.. life is crazy. People are crazy. Not every thing is so clear cut.
I think you've just give a perfect example of how frustrating it is from a Social Workers point of view who tries their very best to put a family back together only to have all that hard work undone in a moment of drunken madness. It goes back to what I said about people self medicating. As you know there is always a percentage of people who have no off button when it comes to self medicating and in most cases if these people have kids it's usually their local council that ends up taking responsibility for their care.

When it comes to private residential care the cost of accommodating some of these kids is astronomical. I was once tasked to write up a risk assessment for a 9 year old girl who's local authority was paying nearly £9000 per week to care for her. I've not looked into the figures nationally here for social care but it must be in the billions of pounds a year for a growing amount of children with complex needs and emotional issues.

I am trying very hard to find that documentary because it was a very shocking insight into how this system is being exploited for corporate gains.

justjess

Superstar
I get it. I see it. I’d love to watch it if you find it.

We were paying this one foster family $1600/month for one of my kids, I know because I had to approve the checks. Therapeutic foster care so an increase rate because the kid had emotional issues. Back to school shopping came around and she asked for a pair of Jordan’s.. foster parents said no, took her to Kmart. I almost completely lost it.. I took every pair of sneakers I had out of my own closet - Jordan’s, air forces in every color - and gave them to her.

Some people no doubt treat the system like a money train. But the vast majority really aren’t in it for that. It’s not enough money (usually) to be worth it for your average foster parent.

justjess

Superstar
I’ve said for years if they just gave the foster payments to the biological parents instead they’d avoid a lot of heartbreak and issues since most of these cases stem in some way from poverty.

Awoken2

Superstar
I’ve said for years if they just gave the foster payments to the biological parents instead they’d avoid a lot of heartbreak and issues since most of these cases stem in some way from poverty.
It doesn't make any sense does it? Parents scrabbling around on benefits so local authority steps in an next thing you know they are forking out $1600 a month for the same kid to go and live with strangers.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I get it. I see it. I’d love to watch it if you find it.

We were paying this one foster family $1600/month for one of my kids, I know because I had to approve the checks. Therapeutic foster care so an increase rate because the kid had emotional issues. Back to school shopping came around and she asked for a pair of Jordan’s.. foster parents said no, took her to Kmart. I almost completely lost it.. I took every pair of sneakers I had out of my own closet - Jordan’s, air forces in every color - and gave them to her.

Some people no doubt treat the system like a money train. But the vast majority really aren’t in it for that. It’s not enough money (usually) to be worth it for your average foster parent.
You are a real one Double J.... respect.