Food?

DeathlyHallows

Established
I was sitting here eating my lunch, and I wondered what are some of your favorite foods? Since we are from all over, not just the U.S. and Canada...what do you like to eat? Also does your country embrace foods from other countries? Not a shock, but we tend to in the U.S. For example Indian food, Korean food, Sushi, things like that. I was eating chili and it sparked this thread.

I eat what my body craves at a time, and it has proven to be a good strategy so far. Never felt the need to eat much junkfood. But that is because I find almost all food pleasurable I guess.

Some favorites are Arabic mezze and Asian stir fries. I like almost anything that can be eaten by hand or that is served with rice. Fried plantains with spicy rice, roasted chicken with pilav, and sushi for example are things I really love.

Vytas

Star
Half of meals in my country are done from potatoes, and if it's not done from potatoes, we eat it together with potatoes...If think we are top five in world ( consumption per person ). It's like rice for Chinese. Also im very proud of my country because fast food fails to find a market in our country, nobody is eating that shit lol , probably because cooking is huge part of our culture.
National dishes to try

DeathlyHallows

Established
Half of meals in my country are done from potatoes, and if it's not done from potatoes, we eat it together with potatoes...If think we are top five in world ( consumption per person ). It's like rice for Chinese. Also im very proud of my country because fast food fails to find a market in our country, nobody is eating that shit lol , probably because cooking is huge part of our culture.
National dishes to try
I love potatoes, so count me in! We have too much fast food in the U.S., and I hate it personally, so we don't eat it much. I love to cook and try new dishes.

National dishes to try
Oooh I love potatoes . I am going to try some of this!

I probably won't get my honey in on the beetroot soup, he hates beats, but I love them!
I love juicing them for ABC juice (apple beet carrot) - that's about it though.

I don't have a fave food but since I just made one, I'll say that I love to make chopped salad with romaine, cukes, tomatoes, green peppers and carrots. Add a little pink salt, pepper, mint and sumac, squirt a fresh lemon on it and let it marinate then nosh (gratefully).

yiksmes

Established
A picture is worth a thousand words:
Kaurma (fried) Lagman : (Uzbek - Chinese Uighur)

Adjarian Khachapuri (Georgian) :

Very good with Narsharab (pomegranate sauce) on top =)

Uzbek Plov:

Caprese salad:

Hanum (Uzbek Recipe) : (I love this with potatoes inside)

Vareniki (Ukranian dumplings) with "sour cherry"

Malaysian style fried rice with satay chicken:

- Sweet tooth anyone?:D:D

Also watching Foodranger is always a treat:

Last edited:
Cantonese Chinese – Egg Foo Young with sauce, or breaded shrimp
Trinidadian – Double sandwich
Ukrainian – Pedaheh with fried onions and sour cream
Jamaican – Ackee, saltfish and rice, or a roti
Thai – Green Curry (beef or chicken) with rice
Italian – their cakes! Especially the ones with the clear gelled icing on them! It’s like eating a little piece of heaven.
Indian – Butter Chicken with Basmati rice, or a Mango Lassi, or Gulab Jamun
Middle Eastern/Persian – all of it :) I’m partial to hummus and knafeh, though

elsbet

Superstar
National dishes to try
Oh my.. that cake on a spit! Bizarre, yet dreamy ♡♡♡