FOOD: What's In It? Who Knows! FDA Drops Labels as "Fake Food" Rolls Out

JusSayin

Established
The FDA has waived labeling requirements, allowing producers to change ingredients WITHOUT updating the label -- WHY? Christian explores this loss in fidelity of information on your food, and how it enables the masking of underlying food shortages AND the rollout of "Fake Food" as we witness the total technocratic takeover of food.

Tidal

Star
Just to digress slightly, we should also be vigilant of what our food/drink is contained in.
For example there have been stories like below circulating for years but it seems as if the powers-that-be are playing it down to protect the aluminium industry.
Personally to be on the safe side I gave up using aluminium pots and pans for cooking years ago and switched to nonstick teflon-coated types-

Last edited:

Bent8484

Established
This cannot be good.
Coming to a grocery store near you, sawdust masquerading as mashed potatoes....
It's been used before, in an attempt to lower the visibility of shortfalls in our supply infrastructure. Here, farmers had to let crops rot in the field for lack of labor, and so we'll be seeing disruptions in supply after a certain delay. Industrial food producers, in this situation, take a page from the drug dealer playbook, and use cutting agents and fillers to maintain their market (and the illusion of normalcy) despite decreased supply. Just look at the chocolate situation, for example...less cocoa means more palm filler, but the candy bars don't change price or weight.

Yeah, I know McDonalds uses fillers aka sawdust (and yes I know the "food" isn't really food anyway, lol) but like JC and bent8484, said its been happening for some time, now.
And Tidal, I would be careful about the Teflon, too....

Bent8484

Established
Yeah, I know McDonalds uses fillers aka sawdust (and yes I know the "food" isn't really food anyway, lol) but like JC and bent8484, said its been happening for some time, now.
And Tidal, I would be careful about the Teflon, too....
If you're interested in food security issues, and just how it gets to our table, check out this book. A must-read... and it's entertaining, too. There's a whole chapter about his personal struggle to kill a chicken, it's pretty funny.

Lurker

Star
The FDA has waived labeling requirements, allowing producers to change ingredients WITHOUT updating the label -- WHY? Christian explores this loss in fidelity of information on your food, and how it enables the masking of underlying food shortages AND the rollout of "Fake Food" as we witness the total technocratic takeover of food.
Re: country of origin labeling (COOL) yes, it was repealed (still very much alive for seafood) most stores are still utilizing it. If they don't, look for USDA graded beef (select, choice, prime). Imported beef will be labeled as USDA inspected, and not graded. This also applies to grass fed US beef as there is little point to it. Also, I am fairly certain that the USDA requires 100% beef (sadly, pink slime counts) to call it a hamburger, so of the many reasons to not eat a fast food burger, beef content is not one of them. Not defending the industry, just clarifying a couple of points in the video.

Lurker

Star
For example there have been stories like below circulating for years but it seems as if the powers-that-be are playing it down to protect the aluminium industry.
I've read that if you have functioning kidneys, ingested aluminium is of little concern. That could be propaganda tho.
Personally to be on the safe side I gave up using aluminium pots and pans for cooking years ago and switched to nonstick teflon-coated types-
If you want safe, ditch the teflon and use quality stainless steel or cast iron.

Tidal

Star
I've read that if you have functioning kidneys, ingested aluminium is of little concern. That could be propaganda tho.
If you want safe, ditch the teflon and use quality stainless steel or cast iron.

1- Nevertheless, microscopic specks of aluminium have been found in the brains of deceased Alz victims.
2- I've been told in survivalist forums that Teflon only poses a health risk if it begins to flake, so I treat mine gently by only using plastic or wooden spoons to stir the food to avoid scratching them..:)

Lurker

Star
2- I've been told in survivalist forums that Teflon only poses a health risk if it begins to flake, so I treat mine gently by only using plastic or wooden spoons to stir the food to avoid scratching them..:)
It is also bad at high heat. Releases vapors/fumes. Ditch it. Quality stainless steel, cast iron and ceramic coated are the only safe ones.

Tidal

Star
Teflon.. is also bad at high heat. Releases vapors/fumes. Ditch it. Quality stainless steel, cast iron and ceramic coated are the only safe ones.

Hmm..this is getting complicated, I also heard that cast iron can find its way into the food.
I'll ask around the hardass survival forums and post their replies here..:)

Lurker

Star
Hmm..this is getting complicated, I also heard that cast iron can find its way into the food.
I'll ask around the hardass survival forums and post their replies here..:)
A little extra iron in your diet won't hurt you.

peridot

Established
About this sawdust...

1 Back in the dark ages when I took biology, our teacher told us that those new "soft" cookies (introduced a few years before) were soft because of the plastic in them. It was listed on the ingredients list, but had a more "palatable" name that only degreed people in the food or biological sciences would recognize as plastic. She told us it was safe to eat (but convinced NONE of us this was an OK thing).

2 I believe this was either an "Adam Ruins Everything" or other Youtube video, but they showed a lot of the weird things added to every day and fast foods that most of use eat every day and think nothing of it. This is usually done to reduce costs to the manufacturer, not to the consumer.
This includes "perfumed orange juice" (same company that makes the formula for CK cologne makes OJ smell like oranges...), raspberry (and a few other reddish fruits if I remember right) flavoring comes the genitals of either woodchucks or beavers (or similar animals), crab meat was actually cheaper fish parts, etc. The sawdust thing was in there too.
Also came across and internet article about how some cuts of meat (usually the more expensive cuts like steak) are actually glued together from cheaper cuts.

3 Then of course there was that news "expose" that flashed all over the media about Taco Bell and their "pink meat." (i.e. fake beef)

4 For awhile I used to frequent the mercola.com site to get more info about eating healthier. Dr. Mercola had several articles about how most of the US corn is harvested from Roundup Ready genetically modified crops. When you ingest and digest the corn in any form, it can start producing more of the insecticide directly in your human stomach and organs.

5 terminator seeds Seeds in plants specifically genetically modified so the seeds will NOT produce ANYTHING. Thanks Monsanto and your cohorts.

6 THREE points
a) Same bio teacher also told us how genetically modified food has other side effects. While it can make food more pest and drought resistant, as well as bigger and hardier, you often end up with BIGGER healthier looking fruit/veggies without the corresponding flavor for a fruit that size. (also probably lacking the same amount of nutrients)

b) I've heard personal testimonials from one person from Romania and an older person 40+ years my senior that swore up and down that the fruits/veggies they were now eating in the US (or in specific regions) were less tasty than in their home areas.

c) Also from one of those supposed nutritionists that advertise on radio, because people don't use ashes from their fire, or more old fashion farming techniques like composting, the modern crops lack the vitamin and minerals that were commonplace before the 1920s, or whenever people en masse skipped getting their food from their own farms and gardens, and bought it from the stores.

(edited because me and the enter key have issues)

Last edited: