Flowers in the Attic

Karlysymon

Superstar
Reminds me of the Amityville story I (foolishly!) read in junior high-- creeps me out to this day, Karlysymon!
I read it in the same time frame. I've never watched the movies and never will. Your post sent me back in time and reminded me of these. Did you ever read them?
1551865397916.png

I never read Seeds of Yesterday but what do you think of the family saga plotline with your conspiracy goggles on....[MKULTRA that is]?

Etagloc

Superstar
How could you?!

Let us never discuss this and let us never acknowledge that it exists. I have seen the movie and I don't want to talk about it. I don't want to say anything more about it. Let it be un-talked about.

May God remove it from history and having ever existed.

Karlysymon

Superstar
How could you?!

Let us never discuss this and let us never acknowledge that it exists. I have seen the movie and I don't want to talk about it. I don't want to say anything more about it. Let it be un-talked about.

May God remove it from history and having ever existed.
Blame it all on @elsbet for jogging my memory.:p

Dalit

Star
I see. There are times in the course of human affairs... where one is forced into a corner.... and where one has to do what they have to do.... and they have no choice..........

@elsbet

Ha ha ha! :)

@elsbet and @Karlysymon , I'm so glad God protected me from VC Andrews. I came close to reading Flowers in the Attic to see what the fuss was about, but something stopped me every time. Yet I got into Lois Duncan's work with her Stranger with My Face (astral projection and body snatching) and Daughters of Eve (obviously making witchcraft palatable) and those were bad enough. Ugh.

elsbet

Superstar
I read it in the same time frame. I've never watched the movies and never will. Your post sent me back in time and reminded me of these. Did you ever read them?
View attachment 19962

I never read Seeds of Yesterday but what do you think of the family saga plotline with your conspiracy goggles on....[MKULTRA that is]?
YES... the same year, in fact!

I read the one that chronicled the young life of the Wicked Grandmother first, for some reason... and tbh, I never thought about this series (or any of the others, tbh.. Heaven, My Sweet Audrina-- have you read that one?*) in light of mk or conspiracy. I'll consider and get back to you!

* Likely the best candidate since they wipe her memory!

elsbet

Superstar
Ha ha ha! :)

@elsbet and @Karlysymon , I'm so glad God protected me from VC Andrews. I came close to reading Flowers in the Attic to see what the fuss was about, but something stopped me every time. Yet I got into Lois Duncan's work with her Stranger with My Face (astral projection and body snatching) and Daughters of Eve (obviously making witchcraft palatable) and those were bad enough. Ugh.
I read the Lois Duncan book, too... that was a weird one. Every time she experienced something *scary* she began to leave her body, involuntarily. :/

Dalit

Star
I read the Lois Duncan book, too... that was a weird one. Every time she experienced something *scary* she began to leave her body, involuntarily. :/
Isn't it creepy? It creeped me the blank out.

Creepy arse book cover.

1551872267476.png

Karlysymon

Superstar
YES... the same year, in fact!

I read the one that chronicled the young life of the Wicked Grandmother first, for some reason... and tbh, I never thought about this series (or any of the others, tbh.. Heaven, My Sweet Audrina-- have you read that one?*) in light of mk or conspiracy. I'll consider and get back to you!

* Likely the best candidate since they wipe her memory!
No,I’ve never read Sweet Audrina but will check out the link for the plot line. Ever since I got into this conspiracy stuff, I lost my taste for fiction (unless its predictive programming fiction), I mean why would i waste time on a novel when I could read a book on the nefarious goings-on in a D.U.M.B somewhere :p

Hopefully, I’ll get it back some day….likely when it’s a grid-down scenario….haha.

Apparently, the saga was based on a true story (not exactly surprising) but Andrews tweaked the details. It was a prominent doctor in a small town that hid his kids in the attic, I mean why would he do that? If the book detailed incest and attempted murder (poisoning), one can only imagine what happened in real life. Even if it wasn’t based on a true story, I would have to wonder where Andrews came up with such an elaborate storyline, if it didn’t happen to her or someone close to her. The saga echoes countless stories that have been reported on in recent years, this being a prime example and one which I’ll never forget!
The Fritzl Case

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/apr/28/austria.internationalcrime

kittybratxx

Established
View attachment 19962

I've read all of the v.c Andrews books.. i literally cried after certain ones...