Florida recount chugs along as more irregularities surface

Thunderian

Superstar
Should have let the Russians handle this. They apparently managed to rig the presidential election for Trump without leaving any evidence whatsoever. This is just a mess.

Florida recount chugs along as more irregularities surface
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Florida’s election recount is chugging along as more irregularities are uncovered and a judge asked the warring sides to “ramp down the rhetoric,” saying it erodes public confidence in the election for Senate and governor.​
One county revealed Monday that it had allowed some hurricane-displaced voters to cast their ballots by email — a violation of state law. Another had to restart its recount after getting about a quarter finished because someone forgot to push a button. And in oft-criticized Broward County, additional sheriff’s deputies were sent to guard ballots and voting machines, even though a judge said no Republican who has publicly alleged fraud in the county’s process — a list that includes President Donald Trump and Gov. Rick Scott — has presented any evidence to law enforcement.​
“An honest vote count is no longer possible” in Florida, Trump declared Monday, without elaborating. He demanded that the election night results — which showed the Republicans leading based upon incomplete ballot counts — be used to determine the winner.​
Trump went on to allege that “new ballots showed up out of nowhere, and many ballots are missing or forged” and that “ballots (are) massively infected.” It was unclear what he was referring to.​
AP's Washington Bureau chief Julie Pace explains why outstanding races in Florida and Georgia have become so significant, that even President Donald Trump has taken to twitter about one of them. (Nov. 12)​
State law requires a machine recount in races where the margin is less than 0.5 percentage points. In the Senate race, Scott’s lead over incumbent Democrat Bill Nelson was 0.14 percentage points. In the governor’s contest, unofficial results showed Republican former Rep. Ron DeSantis ahead of Democratic Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum by 0.41 percentage points.​
Once the recount is complete, if the differences in any of the races are 0.25 percentage points or less, a hand recount will be ordered. All 67 counties face a state-ordered deadline of Thursday to finish their recounts.​
Trump’s comments came just hours before Broward Chief Circuit Judge Jack Tuter held an emergency hearing on a request by Scott’s lawyers that deputies be put in charge of ballots and voting machines that aren’t being used until the recount is over.​
An attorney for Election Supervisor Brenda Snipes described layers of security including keycard and password access to rooms where ballots are kept, secured by deputies and monitored by security cameras and representatives of both campaigns and parties.​
Scott’s lawyers had alleged in court documents that Snipes was engaging in “suspect and unlawful vote counting practices” that violate state law and that she might “destroy evidence of any errors, accidents or unlawful conduct.”​
The judge said he could see no evidence of any violations, and said “I am urging because of the highly public nature of this case to ramp down the rhetoric.”​
“If someone in this lawsuit or someone in this county has evidence of voter fraud or irregularities at the supervisor’s office, they should report it to their local law enforcement officer,” Tuter said. “If the lawyers are aware of it, they should swear out an affidavit, but everything the lawyers are saying out there in front of the elections office is being beamed all over the country. We need to be careful of what we say. Words mean things these days.”​
Scott’s motion was supported by lawyers representing the state Republican Party and opposed by Snipes’ office, Nelson’s campaign and the state Democratic Party. After Tuter told all sides to meet to discuss a compromise, they agreed to add three deputies to the elections office.​
Meanwhile, Elections Supervisor Mark Andersen in heavily Republican Bay County told the Miami Herald on Monday that he allowed about 150 people to cast ballots by email, which is illegal under state law. The county was devastated by a Category 4 hurricane in October, and Scott ordered some special provisions for early voting there.​
Manatee County, south of Tampa Bay, had to restart its recount Monday because a needed button on the machine wasn’t pushed. The error was caught after about a quarter of the county’s nearly 165,000 votes had been recounted, said Michael Bennett, the county’s Republican elections supervisor. It shouldn’t affect the county’s ability to meet Thursday’s deadline.​

Lol 22 ballots oh noes. Those signature matching laws are notoriously inaccurate and actually serve as a vehicle for right wing voter suppression.

It’s amazing these races are as close as they are with the Republican voter suppression machine.

It’s funny they wanted all the votes counted in Arizona but not Florida.

Despite gerrymandering to favor the Republicans and rampant voter suppression efforts Trump still took a beating.

Sunshine

Established
Lol 22 ballots oh noes. Those signature matching laws are notoriously inaccurate and actually serve as a vehicle for right wing voter suppression.

It’s amazing these races are as close as they are with the Republican voter suppression machine.

It’s funny they wanted all the votes counted in Arizona but not Florida.

Despite gerrymandering to favor the Republicans and rampant voter suppression efforts Trump still took a beating.

Actually, since I am a resident of Broward County, I can tell you that it is about waaaaay more than mismatched signatures. That is the least of the many problems that we are having. The sheer volume of votes cast in the South Florida counties has been a problem for the last three election cycles, and there are apparently a lot of people, seniors, I guess, that aren't following the very clear instructions (on both the ballot and the practice ballot we are sent in the mail) on how to fill in a bubble to mark one's choice, rather than marking with an "x" or circling the name.

Add to that Election Supervisor Brenda Snipes' secret stash boxes of ballots found in random storage rooms, car trunks, etc., and we have a very unsettling set of questions arising. Are they Real ballots? Are they Provisional ballots? Are they Mail-in ballots?

Are they manufactured by and for the Dems for adding to the rolls in case the totals don't look good? The blue team has been pretty blatant about ballot-box stuffing in the past, as seen on a dozen or so youtube videos from the Obama days. (So far no word about them bussing people to multiple polls and paying them $20 for every time they voted, like they did in NY/NJ, but it's not as easy to do that here.)

As for your accusation of gerrymandering, both parties have been guilty of that in FL--how else to explain the Schultz creature keeping her seat in the House these last three rounds? We actually got to vote on an amendment to our state Constitution to put that nonsense to an end, which passed.

When you say "voter suppression," are you referring to the requirement for voters to show a valid photo id? You can't technically get registered to vote without one of those in the first place, and I don't know of anyone anywhere in FL who wouldn't have a frigging ID. You need it to do pretty much anything--work, drive, cash a check, get a prescription filled. That's kind of dumb, to think anyone would show up to vote without it. It's not even at issue.

You took the opportunity to crow that "Trump took a beating," yet the numbers that have come back so far are showing that the most heatedly contested seats, for Governor and Senator, have in fact been won by the Republican candidates, one of whom was personally endorsed by DJT himself.

So, once again, "Colonel," you are spouting off in a topic about which you know very little, and I think it would behoove you to stop assuming you know more about anything (everything?) than everyone else on Earth, and do a little research.

Florida is, despite either Red or Blue team's wishing and bragging, a purple state, which I for one am glad about. I don't really care for either party's shenanigans, and try to vote on the basis of who I think will do the best job. There are more registered Independents here than Reps or Dems, so I guess a lot of us Floridians feel that way. And I bet even more of us will be #walkingaway after the dust settles from this current election fiasco.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
These posters know it..... they also know good and well why they are here. Its unfortunate, but they are just playing their part in Satans scheme. Hopefully the rest can be blessed to at least try and play a part in the behavior God wishes for us to represent. I might be the worst person who posts on here, but at least I try to get it together and step it up when Im sharing dialog in public here.