fit for the summer

morita

Veteran
I started incorporating plyometrics in my exercise routine. You need to go fast so I'm always out of breath whenever I do it. The first time I did it in I thought I was going to die, it's starting to get easier.
I think I can even skip cardio and do just that.

Last edited:

morita

Veteran
Has anyone ever tried to run a 26mile marthon, what was it like? I'm very competitive so I want to try it.
Got these runnings for my birthday, they're super confortable. Can see myself running a marathon with them.
Annotation 2020-04-07 125529.png

Last edited:

Maes17

Superstar
Got these runnings for my birthday, they're super confortable. Can see myself running a marathon with them.
View attachment 34583
Have fun. I used to run 2 miles a day 4 times a week.
If your knees start hurting. Do not be afraid to rest.

I’d take a decent nap before a run too. Another thing I like to do is take a shower before I head out to the gym or workout.
My wife always ask why?
1: I like to smell good before I get sweaty
2: the hot water loosens up muscles and I don’t need to spend so much time warming up.

Enjoy the runners high too. I remember clearly a night in 2012 when I was at a high school track with a playlist of nothing but instrumentals. 3 laps in runners high kicked in, it was an amazing experience.

You can do it,
Especially if you don’t have to work during government lockdowns. Now is the time to dedicate yourself to running.

morita

Veteran
Have fun. I used to run 2 miles a day 4 times a week.
If your knees start hurting. Do not be afraid to rest.
Oh really? Did you stop bc of an injury?

You can do it,
Especially if you don’t have to work during government lockdowns. Now is the time to dedicate yourself to running.
yes exactly, thanks.

Last edited:

Maes17

Superstar
Oh really? Did you stop bc of an injury?

yes exactly, thanks.
No, I stopped cause it was hindering my training for sports. Hockey and football require more short burst fast twitch fiber recruitment. The mile jogs were stalling and interfering with my athletic training rather than helping.

A lot is because I never balanced out the training too.
I got so addicted to jogging 2 miles a night at an 8 min/mile pace that I stopped with the sprints and didnt plan strength training accordingly.

Maes17

Superstar
My body responds better to short intense cycles rather than endurance cycles.

I do encourage to try both forms of training to see which is better overall for your body.

morita

Veteran
My body responds better to short intense cycles rather than endurance cycles.

I do encourage to try both forms of training to see which is better overall for your body.
I guess it just depends on your goals. If you play hokey, endurance is probably not the main focus. Me personally I like to have a good balance of both. I started working out only to achieve a certain look like most people who go to the gym. But then my focus started to shift to my performances and progress. The human body really is like a machine, if you feed it properly and have enough discipline it's amazing what it can do.

Maes17

Superstar
I guess it just depends on your goals. If you play hokey, endurance is probably not the main focus. Me personally I like to have a good balance of both. I started working out only to achieve a certain look like most people who go to the gym. But then my focus started to shift to my performances and progress. The human body really is like a machine, if you feed it properly and have enough discipline it's amazing what it can do.
Yeah my workouts are more performance based.
So everything is strength in the weight room and power/speed for cardio.

Although with the gyms closed, I’ve been doing higher reps in weights, so putting on some bulk.

morita

Veteran
Doing yoga is a great way to relax during this period with the covid and all. I used to do vinyasa and now I do jivamutki which is more acrobatic.

Maes17

Superstar
I’ve been doing weight training in my gym since the shut down. So been a lot of high rep, medium weight days for me. Even though my work weeks are 30 hours, I was tired today. Got home at 3:30, took a shower and told my wife I needed some zzz’s.

Feeling the workouts now.
Been training like I’m back in sports. Lost some body fat but maintaining weight. Happy but tired.

Maes17

Superstar
Another strong bout on the arc trainer. 30 minutes got my heartrate up to 196bpm. I’m dead

Maes17

Superstar
E84FCB5A-CBE4-4DDE-95C9-66C63DA1E5A3.jpegMy new blender bottle is in. A little more motivation to my routine anytime I treat myself to shoes, shirt or a shaker cup.

Maes17

Superstar
Not really, but the joke stands. :p
Horrible joke jk jk.

UGA alum here. Carry that like a badge of honor. A lot of my family either didn’t go to college or went to UNM. So I’m a Bulldog amongst lobos. I feel UGA has more prestige than UNM so sometimes at family gatherings one of my cousins always brings a glass of wine to mine and my wife’s table and calls us the sophisticated couple.

Maes17

Superstar
That’s cute!
Ha! Thanks. Yeah I have a few close relatives and we always joke like that. We’re also the type to help each other when needed. When we moved back to Albuquerque, they definitely offered us a helping hand whether it was baby sitting, helping move in etc.