fit for the summer

morita

Veteran
if you are already in really good shape and you are fully committed to training it might not be a problem at all. Of course you are much younger than I was when I started running so it will definetely be easier for you.
exactly.

Maes17

Superstar
Good luck @morita. I could never do prolonged cardio.
I’m a fast twitch athlete, I lack the capabilities to run for endurance.

Maes17

Superstar
Did a lower body/back workout just a few hours ago.

Barbell squat:
155lbs x 10 reps, 185lbs x 10 reps, 225lbs x 8 reps
—- 315lbs x 5 reps x 3 sets

Leg extension: 150lbs 3 sets x 8 reps
Prone leg curl: 110lbs 3 sets x 10 reps
T-bar row: 140lbs 2 sets x 12 reps
Dumbbell single arm row: 80lb db 2 sets x 12 reps

Something to try if interested

Todd

Star
I lack the capabilities to run for endurance.
Running for endurance is 75% mental, 24% training and 1% capability. Okay that might be a little exaggerated, but I doubt you lack the capability to run for endurance....you just don't want to. (And there's nothing wrong with that).

Todd

Star
3.5 miles in 30 minutes @ 1.0 degree incline on the treadmill during lunch today.
I hate running on the treadmill....another few weeks I can plan on running outside and go back to weight training on my lunch hour.

Dalit

Star
Feel free to tell me what body type you like in a woman if you look like jason momoa, otherwise I don't give a shit
View attachment 33674
There's a certain truth to that. I like being told I look cute and fashionable by anyone, but usually women will say that. Men just stare. However, the best men say "I like your shoes". :) Don't know why, but I thought the shoe man was a real gentleman.

Maes17

Superstar
I have upper body/cardio planned today after work.
Yes I still work in this chaos lol. But hey, at least I get out early.

morita

Veteran
I have upper body/cardio planned today after work.
Yes I still work in this chaos lol. But hey, at least I get out early.
Are you going to the gym? Gyms seem like the most unsanitary places to go to during these times.
(I personally workout at home on my yoga mat)

Last edited:

Maes17

Superstar
Are you going to the gym? Gyms seem like the most unsanitary places to go to during these times.
(I personally workout at home on my yoga mat)
Yeah I go to a gym. Not really worried.
My gym is a small community type. Not a large commercial gym.

Maes17

Superstar
So my gym had to follow state procedure which means it is closed down for the time being.

So had to hit the ole’ garage for a home workout.
I do have a decent weight set for an upper body routine as well as a heavy bag and arc trainer for cardio purposes which I utilized today. Been focused on cardio for blood circulation and oxidation purposes. Getting those lungs working is helpful for upper respiratory viruses.

Dalit

Star
Stephanie Buttermore's at-home quarantine workout.

Cassey Ho/Blogilates--her workouts kick my butt! She's too cheerful, too, and sometimes I just glare in return. You will feel it the next day. Just a few minutes with Pilates.

Maes17

Superstar

Cassey Ho/Blogilates--her workouts kick my butt! She's too cheerful, too, and sometimes I just glare in return. You will feel it the next day. Just a few minutes with Pilates.

Yeah she is too cheerful lol

free2018

Star

Hmm. Will check it out.

Maes17

Superstar
do yall prefer to workout at home or in the gym? I mean there are pros and cons to both.
I prefer gym. Mainly because my gym has specialty bars, so if my joints start aching during a strength progression. The specialty bars allow me to continue training around aches.

For example. If I have shoulder pain and a barbell is aggravating the cause due to bench or squat. I can use a football/swiss bar for bench to take the rotation out of my shoulder just cause the way the bar is set up.

If I’m doing squats. My gym has duffalo and safety squat bars which helps the shoulder. Then not to mention it’s 24/7 access, so access to bench or rack is never a problem when I go late.

If I train alone. I set up spotter racks in case I fail.

My home gym, although convenient has no spotter racks. So I have to train smart or risk the barbell falling on me.

But my home gym is amazing during my deload phase and gives me a sense of comfort and mental well being. Kinda little relaxation away from my wife, son, cats and dog

free2018

Star
do yall prefer to workout at home or in the gym? I mean there are pros and cons to both.
I need a gym eventually, because I need a trainer. I do physical rehab exercise everyday and every night but it's not hardcore stuff. It's range of movement maintenance to avoid pain.

Maes17

Superstar
I need a gym eventually, because I need a trainer. I do physical rehab exercise everyday and every night but it's not hardcore stuff. It's range of movement maintenance to avoid pain.
Range of motion stuff is good and really helps with coordination

Maes17

Superstar
Also want to add range of motion is really amazing for joint health. If you have access to resistance bands, utilize them.

I use them for my shoulder. But even at that, you can get an awesome workout

free2018

Star
Also want to add range of motion is really amazing for joint health. If you have access to resistance bands, utilize them.

I use them for my shoulder. But even at that, you can get an awesome workout
I had no choice, but now I don't leave the house without my exercises. I can count the days two years I have done them.
I want to do more movement-- not less. Go figure.

morita

Veteran
Yes, I guess having a trainer definitely help in the gym, and you got extra weights and machinery. The downside with gyms would be people sweating all over and just how unhygienic gyms are in general...idk.