fit for the summer

Lurker

Star
Horrible joke jk jk.

UGA alum here. Carry that like a badge of honor. A lot of my family either didn’t go to college or went to UNM. So I’m a Bulldog amongst lobos. I feel UGA has more prestige than UNM so sometimes at family gatherings one of my cousins always brings a glass of wine to mine and my wife’s table and calls us the sophisticated couple.
I can think of worse places than Athens to go to school. I hope you made it to the WLOCP and left with a win.

Maes17

Superstar
I can think of worse places than Athens to go to school. I hope you made it to the WLOCP and left with a win.
Never made to any Jacksonville games.
Went to a couple deep souths oldest rivalry games. Auburn fans are very welcoming.

Yeah. UGA/Athens is beautiful. Not a fan of the varsity. Coming from NM the chili is different. The varsity is good. But not hot.

I also lived in Woodstock, GA for a couple years before we wound up back in NM

Maes17

Superstar
They're comfortable but they're not made for sprints as I just discovered.
If they are running shoes, they can handle sprints. When you sprint, make sure you’re sprinting on the ball of your foot. It’s a different mechanic than jogging.

Maes17

Superstar
Bench press 180lbs for 4 sets x 12 reps
Dumbell single arm row: 90lbs 3 sets x 10 reps
Lat pulldown: 100lbs 2 sets x 12 reps

Arc trainer steady state cardio
Incline 10 resistance 100 set at 185lbs for 25 minutes in a hoodie, sweatpants compressions shirt and leggings/basketball shorts under. Garage is 98 degrees F btw lol

Maes17

Superstar
1B799AB0-6E54-4847-8F9C-14EE7B6A31CA.jpegGetting creative today with squats. 225lbs, tires create instability making sure form is good. 103 degrees F in here as well

Lisa

Superstar
My daughter said to me the other day...”Have you lost some weight?” And of course that made me so happy because..yes after I gave up my daily 2 sticks of mint chocolate Kit Kat’s, I decided to try to lose those Kit Kat’s..;):D and I must have! Been walking and eating less and doing some upper body exercises..and lo and behold I look to have lost some weight...clothes fitting looser was also an indication..but..its nice to hear that you haven’t been kidding yourself and someone else sees it too.

Maes17

Superstar
My daughter said to me the other day...”Have you lost some weight?” And of course that made me so happy because..yes after I gave up my daily 2 sticks of mint chocolate Kit Kat’s, I decided to try to lose those Kit Kat’s..;):D and I must have! Been walking and eating less and doing some upper body exercises..and lo and behold I look to have lost some weight...clothes fitting looser was also an indication..but..its nice to hear that you haven’t been kidding yourself and someone else sees it too.
Good job. I’m trying to bulk up to 205lbs. Just felt comfy at that weight even though I’m 5’7. It’s lean mass, but when I dropped to 180lbs, I felt tired/sluggish all the time. Realized my calorie needs were too low compared to my training style. So even though I put on 10lbs(192lbs) I am still lean and have more energy

Lisa

Superstar
Good job. I’m trying to bulk up to 205lbs. Just felt comfy at that weight even though I’m 5’7. It’s lean mass, but when I dropped to 180lbs, I felt tired/sluggish all the time. Realized my calorie needs were too low compared to my training style. So even though I put on 10lbs(192lbs) I am still lean and have more energy
Haha...its only men who want to weigh more...we women would be aghast at weighing that much..ever.

I hope you get to your goal!

and thanks!

Maes17

Superstar
Haha...its only men who want to weigh more...we women would be aghast at weighing that much..ever.

I hope you get to your goal!

and thanks!
For me, it’s a sport thing. The heavier weight makes it hard for competition to push you around. I’ve been so used to that training style, I feel at my healthiest training as such.

I played both ice hockey and football. Was a right winger and centerman in hockey and played as a defensive back(free safety) in football. Putting on the weight helped me stay injury free.

But I also know when to start tampering off weight gain. My body can bulk up to around 210-215lbs lean. Anything above that, I start getting chubby and the weight hurts my knees.

Lisa

Superstar
For me, it’s a sport thing. The heavier weight makes it hard for competition to push you around. I’ve been so used to that training style, I feel at my healthiest training as such.

I played both ice hockey and football. Was a right winger and centerman in hockey and played as a defensive back(free safety) in football. Putting on the weight helped me stay injury free.

But I also know when to start tampering off weight gain. My body can bulk up to around 210-215lbs lean. Anything above that, I start getting chubby and the weight hurts my knees.
So you are staying in shape for sports, for a hobby or health thing? Sorry if you already talked about it..I haven’t been paying attention to every post here.

My brother is into weight training, however, he finds that his work schedule isn’t helpful for doing that..he’s always tired. He had to get his knee replaced a couple of years ago..and he should get the other one done too. I can see how too much weight can bother the knees. I have knee problems too..not sure the absolute reason for that..but I don’t think the extra weight I carry is helpful for them.

Maes17

Superstar
So you are staying in shape for sports, for a hobby or health thing? Sorry if you already talked about it..I haven’t been paying attention to every post here.

My brother is into weight training, however, he finds that his work schedule isn’t helpful for doing that..he’s always tired. He had to get his knee replaced a couple of years ago..and he should get the other one done too. I can see how too much weight can bother the knees. I have knee problems too..not sure the absolute reason for that..but I don’t think the extra weight I carry is helpful for them.
It’s just a hobby/health thing for me now. I’m 30 years old no sports anymore. I wish, but I’m content where I’m at.

The training though keeps me healthy, happy and mentally prepped. Keeps my hand/eye coordination sharp. I do a lot of boxing and hockey stick handling as well. So. It’s something I like to do away from work and downtime

Maes17

Superstar
And yes a heavier body weight is harder on the knees, hips, etc. Something as simple as walking is actually a lot of impact even though it doesn’t seem.

Now where weight training comes in to play is it helps strengthen those connective tissues to help lessen the pain. Training is all about planning smartly and recovery. Injuries happen, that’s just the territory of the stuff involved, but those ached and pains are minimized when those connective tissues are stimulated through training

Lisa

Superstar
And yes a heavier body weight is harder on the knees, hips, etc. Something as simple as walking is actually a lot of impact even though it doesn’t seem.

Now where weight training comes in to play is it helps strengthen those connective tissues to help lessen the pain. Training is all about planning smartly and recovery. Injuries happen, that’s just the territory of the stuff involved, but those ached and pains are minimized when those connective tissues are stimulated through training
You and my brother would get along well. :) You sound like him.

It’s just a hobby/health thing for me now. I’m 30 years old no sports anymore. I wish, but I’m content where I’m at.

The training though keeps me healthy, happy and mentally prepped. Keeps my hand/eye coordination sharp. I do a lot of boxing and hockey stick handling as well. So. It’s something I like to do away from work and downtime
Does your wife work out with you?

Maes17

Superstar
You and my brother would get along well. :) You sound like him.

Does your wife work out with you?
Your bro sounds cool.

And yeah she does. I have a workout routine for her. Before we got pregnant she was lifting pretty good.
Had her bench pressing 90lbs and she got up to 210lbs on squats for reps.

For the most part, she lets me do my thing when I workout though, just cause she can’t keep up.

Yesterday I hit cardio on my arc trainer, I work at a 170-180bpm pace. 25 minutes, our garage is getting hot too. 100+ degrees F. I’ll wear a hoodie and pants while training.

Lisa

Superstar
Your bro sounds cool.

And yeah she does. I have a workout routine for her. Before we got pregnant she was lifting pretty good.
Had her bench pressing 90lbs and she got up to 210lbs on squats for reps.

For the most part, she lets me do my thing when I workout though, just cause she can’t keep up.

Yesterday I hit cardio on my arc trainer, I work at a 170-180bpm pace. 25 minutes, our garage is getting hot too. 100+ degrees F. I’ll wear a hoodie and pants while training.
Ya, my brother is pretty cool, he knows a lot about weight training like you.

That’s great that you both have something you really like to do together! She sounds equally excited for the workouts as you are.

You wear that while its 100+ degrees in your garage? Is that to help you sweat away the calories? I can’t imagine wearing a hoodie and pants..yikes!