First time dropping music in over a year and I'm shitting myself... help!

jessesalinas

Hey ya'll,
I haven't dropped in a while and really believe in my new music so I wanna do it right.
I hear a lot of advice but obviously things change year on year. What things must you absolutely always do when dropping a new song these days?
Artists plz share your own experiences!

I'm always repulsed by vulgar language so I wouldn't want to hear anything else about you much less your " music ".

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Regardless of music or etc. its wise to make content available on both video outlets (youtube/daily motion/etc) and strictly audio/podcast platforms (soundcloud/apple music/spreaker/etc). Also, if the content is music or not you should still own your masters and etc. You create the content so keep control of it. Look into ASCAP/BMI/etc. options regarding copyrighting, royalty and other means of protecting your work and helping to ensure you get paid for it. After that, patreon is essentially a popular hybrid site site for your content (you will need vimeo/youtube/etc. accounts to post video content there) that also processes payments from your supporters but you can find better options to accomplish both hosting and payments so researching those options can hopefully help you find the best fit for your goal.

Interesting how you're a brand new account but speak with a familiarity.

Bot is my first guess. Sock a close 2nd.

-- Offtopic (and I ain't alleging the OP is a sock account)--

Nevertheless, a genuine question- what drive humans to make sock accounts?

Isn't one face, character, identity enough to make oneself crazy?
How do individuals deal with more than one Identity, is baffling to me!