Female Speaker Says Women Need To Grow Hair Long And Submit To Men

Should women always look (traditional) feminine/ submit to men at work?

• No way!! Women always should have personal choice/ equal rights in workplace

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Yes, definitely. Women were made by God that way/ should submit to all men, not just husband

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends. Does woman look or feel better when feminine/ is man or woman better qualified

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • I will not say...l want to be left in peace.....

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

Tatilina

Star
Hair don't mean shit, just a cultural choice. Do what you want.
I think men who are heterosexual would rather women have medium length to long hair than biosexual men who probably prefer shorter hair and the butch type of women.

Dan

Veteran
I think men who are heterosexual would rather women have medium length to long hair than biosexual men who probably prefer shorter hair and the butch type of women.
Biosexual? I think you invented a new one there. What does it mean?

Tatilina

Star
Biosexual? I think you invented a new one there. What does it mean?
A biosexual person is someone who likes both genders, it's not new lol. Oops, I mean Bisexual haha. I failed.

Todd

Star
Well for all the Christian women who argued with me that Paul was a true Apostle and that his writings are the word of God, I guess I just assumed that they all have long hair and that they do not pray with their head uncovered. Is this not so?

Lady

Star
Well for all the Christian women who argued with me that Paul was a true Apostle and that his writings are the word of God, I guess I just assumed that they all have long hair and that they do not pray with their head uncovered. Is this not so?

Violette

Star
That wouldn't be necessary for the culture we live in today. The women of the church back then wore veils in submission to their husbands, those they did not wear them were seen as rebellious or were temple prostitutes so it was simply culturally inappropriate at the time for women to not wear their head coverings. I believe the point of 1 Corinthians 11:3-15 is to establish appropriate gender roles and to make it clear that women should have feminine hair and males should have masculine hair. It doesn't say you can't cut your hair.

Todd

Star
That wouldn't be necessary for the culture we live in today. The women of the church back then wore veils in submission to their husbands, those they did not wear them were seen as rebellious or were temple prostitutes so it was simply culturally inappropriate at the time for women to not wear their head coverings. I believe the point of 1 Corinthians 11:3-15 is to establish appropriate gender roles and to make it clear that women should have feminine hair and males should have masculine hair. It doesn't say you can't cut your hair.
So what you are saying is that God defers to cultural norms when he gives commands in his word?

Violette

Star
So what you are saying is that God defers to cultural norms when he gives commands in his word?
No, God wants women to look like women and men to look like men. He also wants Christian women to submit to their husbands and not look like prostitutes. Cultures change but the core principle is the same

Last edited:

Todd

Star
No, God wants women to look like women and men to look like men. He also doesn't want Christian women to submit to their husbands and not look like prostitutes. Cultures change but the core principle is the same
But Paul was talking about what women did when they prayed, not what they looked like in public? Why in the world would a culture concept apply to a private spiritual act?

Violette

Star
But Paul was talking about what women did when they prayed, not what they looked like in public? Why in the world would a culture concept apply to a private spiritual act?
The women wore veils to show submission to the husband, showing up to church without it was disrespectful and culturally confusing. If women today went to church dressed the same way as prostitutes you don't think that would be weird? Culture and spirituality are not mutually exclusive.

Todd

Star
The women wore veils to show submission to the husband, showing up to church without it was disrespectful and culturally confusing. If women today went to church dressed the same way as prostitutes you don't think that would be weird? Culture and spirituality are not mutually exclusive.
Sorry, I don't believe God is mindful of culture.....his standards are his standards. Now I don't have a problem if Paul was simply condoning following some cultural norms so as not to offend unbelievers within their own culture, but that is clearly not what the passage was inferring. The context of the passage was the glory of man and the glory of woman and how woman should not pray with their heads uncovered. Your culture argument is dismissing the fact that Paul was teaching a spritual concept not pandoring to cultural norms.

Read the full context of 1 Corinthians 11:1-16 and tell me where Paul mentions anything about this being about culture. In fact in verse one he is saying that he considers the things he is delivering to them as ordinances, i.e. commands. I do not accept that God's commands vary based on the times or the culture of the world. You are headed down a slippery slope when you start doing that...

Anyways I'm done talking about this. We both agree it doesn't apply, although for very different reasons, so what's the point of continuing to debate it?