Female Speaker Says Women Need To Grow Hair Long And Submit To Men

Should women always look (traditional) feminine/ submit to men at work?

• No way!! Women always should have personal choice/ equal rights in workplace

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Yes, definitely. Women were made by God that way/ should submit to all men, not just husband

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends. Does woman look or feel better when feminine/ is man or woman better qualified

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • I will not say...l want to be left in peace.....

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

JoChris

Superstar
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-07/christian-conference-speaker-tells-women-grow-hair-long/8595932

Two very different issues brought up by that female speaker. Probably deserves two separate threads really.

My opinion is split, in summary:
I am sympathetic towards her feminine appearance viewpoint. Women were designed by God that way.
Look at all the female popstars who come out as bisexual or gay - how many *remain* looking female?

I am "it depends" on male/ female submission in WORKPLACE. If a man is less experienced or less qualified, no way should that woman be submitting or deferring to him. That is ridiculous.

Damien50

Star
Short hair, long hair, shaved on one side. Eh depends on the woman. I've seen women with more tattoos than me that are like Nadeshiko's while I've seen the other end of the rainbow lol.

I think submission is the wrong way to say it. At least in a marriage the man if able should lead or the woman should be helping him to be a leader. Not that a woman can't but I think there is a certain essence to a strong make that a woman can't match in many situations.

But in a workplace it should be fairly even especially if it's not manual labor.

JoChris

Superstar
Short hair, long hair, shaved on one side. Eh depends on the woman. I've seen women with more tattoos than me that are like Nadeshiko's while I've seen the other end of the rainbow lol.
That hairstyle sounds horrible. I think you'd have to have the looks of a model to carry that one off.
I do think woman usually look so much nicer with longer hair. We have got better hair to begin with after all. :)
I think submission is the wrong way to say it. At least in a marriage the man if able should lead or the woman should be helping him to be a leader. Not that a woman can't but I think there is a certain essence to a strong make that a woman can't match in many situations.

But in a workplace it should be fairly even especially if it's not manual labor.
Submission in the marriage, like CEO and deputy CEO I have no problem with at all. Not everyone can be the leader.
Of course some people can take that to an extreme, like master and slave.

Yes I think the statement is way too overgeneralised, especially as she was suggesting that should occur in the workplace as well as the marriage. I can understand why some women walked out.

JoChris

Superstar
I'll go with depends. Qualifications matter.

Though some women can really rock short hair.
There can be feminine hairstyles that are short too. Women who live in hot humid climates like me don't want to have longer hair unless it's a very easy hairstyle to arrange.

Tatilina

Star
Lol submit to men at work? Heck no, it only says submit to your husbands, but the biblical submission isn't the same type of submission as the secular feminists think of. I prefer women with long hair and I think it looks better on them, but women nowadays are going to do whatever they want anyways and don't care what anyone else thinks. No woman would submit to a man at work.....no, just no.

Tatilina

Star
Oh, I don't know if women REALLY have the best hair!
My first boyfriend had hair down to his butt and he was 6'4. It looked really good on him, almost a Brandon Lee identical. Personally I do not like long hair on men, my hubby has a crew cut, those are hawt!

Tatilina

Star
I am not into Fabio ( pictured in my previous post) just so everyone knows! :p I prefer shorter hair on men-kind of Tom Cruise-ish. :D
I prefer me the Tim McGraw look with a backwards cap on and a goatee, if you know what' I'm saying :p thankfully my hubby is a huge fan of Tim McGraw and sports his look, MMmmm oh my in the summer though, mighty fine I tell you, mighty fiiiine!.....we are getting a hot tub this winter, oh baby!

Lady

Star
I think you need a cold shower! :D
It is wonderful that you appreciate your husband as you do.

Tatilina

Star
I think you need a cold shower! :D
It is wonderful that you appreciate your husband as you do.
That will come later....:p
Not many men like him left today, most men would never do what he does for me, but then again most women have abandoned their God given traditional roles. He's been there for me more than anyone else, including my family. :oops:
So of course I let him get away with thinking he's master of all. He says it all the time and I'm like, hair flip, rolls eyes and whatever! :rolleyes: he loves it though lol.