Favorite Things Thread!

Serveto

Star
There is nothing quite so enchanting, in this state (Michigan) which geologists tell us was carved by retreating, melting glaciers at the end of the last ice age, than to go into the woods, along the Lake Michigan shoreline, find a good lot of these, morel mushrooms, take them home, and pan fry them in a bit of red wine ...

Devine

Star
There is nothing quite so enchanting, in this state (Michigan) which geologists tell us was carved by retreating, melting glaciers at the end of the last ice age, than to go into the woods, along the Lake Michigan shoreline, find a good lot of these, morel mushrooms, take them home, and pan fry them in a bit of red wine ...
In Iowa they bread and fry them and I had no idea I grew up eating a true delicacy!

Serveto

Star
In Iowa they bread and fry them and I had no idea I grew up eating a true delicacy!
I think that's how my gf does them as well: dip them in egg yolk, lightly breaded with crumbs, and then, with a combination of spices and herbs, pan sear them in just a bit of red wine, for flavor, but at high heat so that the alcohol burns off (after all, wouldn't want to get drunk on (legal) shrooms). You are correct: they are a delicacy, and, to me, are as much fun to find as they are tasty to eat. I hope you find some down there in Iowa, if that is where you presently are, but be careful, as you know, because there are some deadly "false" morels.

Last edited:

Devine

Star
I think that's how my gf does them as well: dip them in egg yolk, lightly breaded with crumbs, and then, with a combination of spices and herbs, pan sear them in just a bit of red wine, for flavor, but at high heat so that the alcohol burns off (after all, wouldn't want to get drunk on (legal) shrooms). You are correct: they are a delicacy, and, to me, are as much fun to find as they are tasty to eat. I hope you find some down there in Iowa, if that is were you presently are, but be careful, as you know, because there are some deadly "false" morels.
I've never hunted them but that is good to know!!

LadyNocturna33

Established
I like so many things but I'll give a short list a shot.

-I like researching obscure things that are (barely) legal like info on North Korea and almost everything the Govt doesn't like
-I like to dance the night away in illegal Gothic raves and such
-I like Italian liquor, pizza, ice cream, ravioli, architecture etc.. I like Italy. Who doesn't?

DesertRose

Superstar
Love incense. Creates a magical atmosphere in any home, can't compare it to those chemical 'refreshers' that are everywhere in stores now.

My favorites are sandalwood, patchouli and rose.
I totally agree! I burn some nearly every day.....
Sandlewood is one of my favorites......but difficult for me to find unless i know a Sudanese family.