Favorite Things Thread!

Maes17

Superstar
Atm weights are expensive due to the scam-demic. 3, $4 a pound easy. I ended up paying $400 for a 300lb set back in June. Got lucky as all of the other sellers were asking 500+. Which is annoying seeing its a $200 set pre plan-demic days.

I ended up building a power rack. Took me 7 hours and about $280 but its solid and should last for years. Home gyms the way to go imho.
So I bought a ss yoke bar from elitefts. Damn booger was $500+

Bought a couple 15lb bumper plates and a couple 25lb bumper plates. I don’t know kg’s. My ignorant american cannot calculate freedom units to kg’s.

I also bought a 20lb medicine ball and 35lb kettlebell from rogue fitness. Needless to say. It’s expensive lol

Daze

Superstar
I also bought a 20lb medicine ball and 35lb kettlebell from rogue fitness. Needless to say. It’s expensive lol
Rogue is expensive, try Craiglist or Offerup. Wait long enough and you'll catch a deal. One thing nice about exercise equipment, it doesn't have to be new.

Carolyn

Star
Congratulations!

Always nice to have something well suited to look forward to.

:)
Thanks, my living situation has mostly been pretty bad the last 10 years living mostly in overpriced not very well maintained housing and this is a housing association which is much better than private lets, am in temporary acommodation right now which is not the worst place Ive been especially the last 10 years so its a long time coming. Everything has been on hold for the last year too so I havent been able to really make soap and the whole trying to start selling it has been put on the backburner so hopefully once I get settled I can work towards that again.

DesertRose

Superstar
Interesting documentary. Did not know the Berbers also had people of the Jewish faith.
Return to Morocco | Al Jazeera World
Jews first began to settle in Morocco over 2,000 years ago and for centuries they and Muslims have happily co-existed there.

Remarkable Places to Eat - Marrakesh, Morocco
After the 36 min mark a top Moroccan restaurant gives their recipe for how they make their lamb!

Last edited:

Maes17

Superstar
Excelsior. Pre workout powder.
Stuff is legit. From friday to now I’ve slept a total of 7 hours. Plus side I got to stay up with little man. He’s been into crawling around. Let the wife sleep in while I enjoy the kiddos. My eyes hurt though lol

Carolyn

Star
Going to pick up keys for my new place, let the madness begin but not really cause Im gonna need to take a few weeks but I really cant wait! Not had a wink of sleep so bleh go get keys, come back have a nap!

Carolyn

Star
Finally moved into my new house, dont have flooring down and got so much to do but to me its perfect. Its actually amazing, my kitchen is plenty big enough for me, loads of cupboard space, door to the back garden which is pretty much all mine and its really quite big and its got high hedges around it too even though there are houses adjacent front and back, the front garden is really big too, my bathroom is amazing, got my bath and it has a shower too, bathroom is bigger than every bathroom Ive ever had, the livingroom and 2 bedrooms are really good size, really good windows and no stairs except two out front and back door but its amazing, its really quiet here too.

Both of the cats settled in pretty good, Cookie was completely fine as usual, nothing phases her ever, Sonny was hard to get in the carrier and he crapped himself inside it on the way here, poor boy, he knew what was happening but hes actually settled right in now, took a week of back and forward in taxis and packing etc and I am exhausted but its so worth it. I love it here, once I have it decorated and stuff itll be even more amazing and its a housing association so dont have to worry about a landlord wanting me to move out and I am never ever moving ever again lol

Maes17

Superstar
Finally moved into my new house, dont have flooring down and got so much to do but to me its perfect. Its actually amazing, my kitchen is plenty big enough for me, loads of cupboard space, door to the back garden which is pretty much all mine and its really quite big and its got high hedges around it too even though there are houses adjacent front and back, the front garden is really big too, my bathroom is amazing, got my bath and it has a shower too, bathroom is bigger than every bathroom Ive ever had, the livingroom and 2 bedrooms are really good size, really good windows and no stairs except two out front and back door but its amazing, its really quiet here too.

Both of the cats settled in pretty good, Cookie was completely fine as usual, nothing phases her ever, Sonny was hard to get in the carrier and he crapped himself inside it on the way here, poor boy, he knew what was happening but hes actually settled right in now, took a week of back and forward in taxis and packing etc and I am exhausted but its so worth it. I love it here, once I have it decorated and stuff itll be even more amazing and its a housing association so dont have to worry about a landlord wanting me to move out and I am never ever moving ever again lol
Nice. Congrats

Lil axe

Veteran
speaking about exercise, bunch of ya's probably already tried it, was my first time trying last night,
bring sally up challenge
my results
push ups, 2:12
pull ups, 1:10
squats, completed
gonna keep trying

Maes17

Superstar
Y'all make me wanna get back into lifting.

Just can't find the time. Farming is demanding :confused:
Farming is a good workout.

Lifting doesn’t have to be a time consuming process either. Most of my lifting workouts last anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes. I typically do a light warm up of the strength lift I do for 10 reps, 3 sets, because it’s lighter, rest time is short. Then I do 2 working sets of 5 followed by 4 accessory lifts of 2 sets of 10.

I’m not under a bar too long, seeing some great strength and body composition results as well

The Agrarian

Veteran
Farming is a good workout.

Lifting doesn’t have to be a time consuming process either. Most of my lifting workouts last anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes. I typically do a light warm up of the strength lift I do for 10 reps, 3 sets, because it’s lighter, rest time is short. Then I do 2 working sets of 5 followed by 4 accessory lifts of 2 sets of 10.

I’m not under a bar too long, seeing some great strength and body composition results as well
Most of my strength is weird body-weight exercise. I have incredible trap and calf strength from moving hogs and shovelling manure but my core needs work or I'll throw my back. Gotta get those crunches in.

Thought of buying a kettle-bell tbh.

Maes17

Superstar
Most of my strength is weird body-weight exercise. I have incredible trap and calf strength from moving hogs and shovelling manure but my core needs work or I'll throw my back. Gotta get those crunches in.

Thought of buying a kettle-bell tbh.
You can work the core shoveling. I’d imagine shoveling requires some type of rotation in your torso.

The core also isn’t just the abs. The core consist of abs, obliques, lower and mid back and your hips. So stay balanced in that area when you work your core

The Agrarian

Veteran
You can work the core shoveling. I’d imagine shoveling requires some type of rotation in your torso.

The core also isn’t just the abs. The core consist of abs, obliques, lower and mid back and your hips. So stay balanced in that area when you work your core
Good looking out. Got a feeling my upper-core is getting progressively stronger from the motion I make.