Favorite Things Thread!

meximonk

Star

this house is like a dream house, but really I am scared living in a house with glass wall with no curtain esp when it is in the woods and far from neighbors.

Neighbors can be annoying but sometimes when in danger, neighbors can come to rescue!
For me it's like, why wouldn't you build a house in the woods? =)

Carolyn

Star
I'm not Catholic, but I'm offended that an Administrator is actually telling you that you can't talk about these things in a favorites thread! I suppose I'll get banned soon.
He's (VC) not saying to never ever mention anything like that, its there to stop people hijacking threads with religious
proselytizeing which has been an issue on a number of ocassions, also theres a whole forum just for religion. Don't see an atheism forum around here and nobody's complaining. I don't know about anybody else but I don't go in the religion forum and hijack any threads in there or trying to deconvert people from their religious beliefs and I don't think that would be allowed or fair either.

meximonk

Star
He's (VC) not saying to never ever mention anything like that, its there to stop people hijacking threads with religious
proselytizeing which has been an issue on a number of ocassions, also theres a whole forum just for religion. Don't see an atheism forum around here and nobody's complaining. I don't know about anybody else but I don't go in the religion forum and hijack any threads in there or trying to deconvert people from their religious beliefs and I don't think that would be allowed or fair either.
Thanks for the clarification, and yes that is a bit different from what it looked like. Still, if you ask for someone's favorite thing, and you don't like the answer, you shouldn't ask. An example of this for me is the fact that there's a Muslim in here. I have him blocked. That was my private choice to do so. Nevertheless, I believe it is extremely important that he has to have the freedom to say such things. I can choose to ignore him, and him me. If you're not free, I'm not free. IOW, saying your favorite thing is your Faith isn't hijacking the thread. It's just answering the question.

Was he/she proselytizing? If they were, my mistake, I'll shut up and ask for your forgiveness. (I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm asking because I honestly don't know, since I've blocked them).

Carolyn

Star
Thanks for the clarification, and yes that is a bit different from what it looked like. Still, if you ask for someone's favorite thing, and you don't like the answer, you shouldn't ask. An example of this for me is the fact that there's a Muslim in here. I have him blocked. That was my private choice to do so. Nevertheless, I believe it is extremely important that he has to have the freedom to say such things. I can choose to ignore him, and him me. If you're not free, I'm not free. IOW, saying your favorite thing is your Faith isn't hijacking the thread. It's just answering the question.

Was he/she proselytizing? If they were, my mistake, I'll shut up and ask for your forgiveness. (I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm asking because I honestly don't know, since I've blocked them).
I cant comment on who was or wasn't doing anything tbh but answering a question with an answer about "Your favorite things" for example isn't really proselytizing, nobody expects anybody to censor themselves to such a ridiculous level.

There are a few muslims here and other kinds of christians, atheists etc so I don't really know what you are getting at unless you just automatically have a problem with all muslims? I hope not, kinda intolerant but yeah everybodys free to say what they want as long as they aren't attacking people or hijacking threads with spam, trolling, bullying etc and you are completely free to think whatever you want...

meximonk

Star
I cant comment on who was or wasn't doing anything tbh but answering a question with an answer about "Your favorite things" for example isn't really proselytizing, nobody expects anybody to censor themselves to such a ridiculous level.

There are a few muslims here and other kinds of christians, atheists etc so I don't really know what you are getting at unless you just automatically have a problem with all muslims? I hope not, kinda intolerant but yeah everybodys free to say what they want as long as they aren't attacking people or hijacking threads with spam, trolling, bullying etc and you are completely free to think whatever you want...
So, it sounds like there's no problem than, good. I wouldn't think of doing that here in this thread either, it's practically pointless. It'd be like showing up at a funeral playing "Kool and the Gang's" hit "Celebration"... even if what you have to share is good you're gonna spoil it.

No, I tend to block people that can't communicate properly; that is to say they talk but don't listen; some might say "they can't agree to disagree." Classic example: I spend some time chatting on a very Liberal forum. They know who I am, and despite our disagreements, we can carry on conversations where both parties listen to what the other has to say.

Anyways, enough said. We're perhaps in danger of hijacking this thread now too. I don't blame you, you were just clearing up confusion on my part. Thank you.

Carolyn

Star
So, it sounds like there's no problem than, good. I wouldn't think of doing that here in this thread either, it's practically pointless. It'd be like showing up at a funeral playing "Kool and the Gang's" hit "Celebration"... even if what you have to share is good you're gonna spoil it.

No, I tend to block people that can't communicate properly; that is to say they talk but don't listen; some might say "they can't agree to disagree." Classic example: I spend some time chatting on a very Liberal forum. They know who I am, and despite our disagreements, we can carry on conversations where both parties listen to what the other has to say.

Anyways, enough said. We're perhaps in danger of hijacking this thread now too. I don't blame you, you were just clearing up confusion on my part. Thank you.
Am sure theres room for a little deviation here and there, not that stringent.

I would probably want that played at my funeral tbh

meximonk

Star
Am sure theres room for a little deviation here and there, not that stringent.

I would probably want that played at my funeral tbh

LOL, yeah but you see, in my case, with my mouth, obstinance with regards to the Law, and history of ruffling authority figure's feathers, there really would be reason for a lot people to celebrate - not my life - but my death.

Carolyn

Star
LOL, yeah but you see, in my case, with my mouth, obstinance with regards to the Law, and history of ruffling authority figure's feathers, there really would be reason for a lot people to celebrate - not my life - but my death.
I dont really think its right for anybody to be celebrating someone dying no matter how much they might dislike you. I feel like that kind of things bad karma and you get back what you put out into the world, thats what I believe anyway. Sure it doesn't always work out that way and sometimes some people get away with allsorts of shit but its pointless wasting time letting hate or anger eat away at you.

I'm really not religious at all but I just think you get back what you put into the world and its not really nice to be wishing harm on anybody, probably more for your own sanity at the very least anyway. I just feel like its not good for you to hang on to negative feelings, onbviously you cant just forget the past, it serves a purpose good and bad although you can take something positive from bad experiences too.

I need some sleep before i go insane, bloody legs as usual, gonna order a set of resistance bands tomorrow or today maybe of not definitely tomorrow, its really doing my fkn head in tbh. Its not even excruciating pain like Ive had in my head its just a constant uncomfortable ache, keep having to pop my hip back in but am so damn sick of this pain. gonna vape some weed and hope for the best lol meh dont mind my ramblings! Apologies for the many many typos that I cant even be arsed to check through. Hope this vape knocks me out! fingers crossed!

Maes17

Superstar
There, I did it. You're right, it does make for an easier read.

I want to hear more from everybody! Make long list of your favorite stuff, I eat that stuff up.
We have a lot in common as far as interest.

My wife was that geek girl who never realized how cute she was. Her geekiness and cleverness won me over. The maturity with her, I felt fortunate to get into a relationship where there was no drama, childish stuff.

Late night McDonalds trips
Playing borderlands 2 together
Etc.

Maes17

Superstar
In no particular order:
Cafe Mocha slushes.
1st Person RPGs.
Finding other Truth Seekers.
The silly playful squeeks my youngest daughter makes.
The 90's subculture.
The Elder Scrolls but NOT ONLINE.
Virtual worlds.
Ready Player One (not the book).
Fettuccini Alfredo with Chicken Breast.
Hamburgers.
Italian Pizza.
Chicago Deep Dish Pizza.
Electronica / Remix Music.
Playing LAN Games with my sons.
Driving in the early evening with the windows partially down and 80s & 90s music playing.
Star Trek DS9.
Babylon 5.
The Elder Scrolls.
Anything to do with Space.
Mountains.
Pine Trees.
Colder temperatures.
Hamburgers (yes, I'm saying it twice).
Torah Studies.
Showing people what Torah really is (and seeing their reaction when they find out it's not what they think it is).
Bodily functions humor.
Chili.
(When I was younger and not Married yet: Shy, nerdy, petite girls who had no idea how beautiful they were).
Seeing the previous thing mentioned putting the opposite in it's place.
Classic arcades.
Privately owned Coffee Shops.
Hamburgers (yes, I'm saying it thrice).
Anything and everything about the Truth.
Being alone.
Deserts at sunset.
Maps.
Tex-Mex food.
Seattle Washington before it went hard-core Liberal.
Switzerland minus the Illuminist banksters there.
England & English culture.
Mexican architecture.
Mexican lifestyle.
NYC humor.
Denver before it went Liberal.
Blondes (don't tell my wife).

EDIT: Changed to returns instead of all lumped into one paragraph for easier reading.
My wife dyed her hair blonde before too lol.

meximonk

Star
We have a lot in common as far as interest.

My wife was that geek girl who never realized how cute she was. Her geekiness and cleverness won me over. The maturity with her, I felt fortunate to get into a relationship where there was no drama, childish stuff.

Late night McDonalds trips
Playing borderlands 2 together
Etc.
Keep doing stuff like that even when you're so old you think it's stupid. That's when it'll be the most important to keep doing it.

Maes17

Superstar
Keep doing stuff like that even when you're so old you think it's stupid. That's when it'll be the most important to keep doing it.
Oh we still do.
Not as regular as we used to with our 2 month old boy. Our 8 year old son helps us though

But we still have our geek moments and those moments where we get to be young.