Favorite Things Thread!

polymoog

Superstar
Nah, I don't know what the word means, I simply open the food packets and cans and bung the stuff in the oven or microwave and switch on and wait for the ping.
well, i dont season anything either unless there is a health benefit to add it to the food. i dont care about taste. you do, though!
its sunday. go outside (without your mask on) and get some asparagus or brussels sprouts and try what i told you to do. report back to us here. that oven you have-- that goes to 400/425 degrees F, right?
git r dun fer god.

Tidal

Star
Thanks for the advice everybody but the major stumbling block for me is that I hate cooking as much as I hate computers; I just like to throw food in the oven, pan and microwave without any preparation or seasoning or spices or anything.
i've had some success with brussel sprouts though, they used to come out the microwave like hard green lumps, so I tried leaving them in longer and they came out nice and mushy.
Problem is, I think I read somewhere that if you overcook veg it loses its vitamins and nutritional value, I just can't win (sniffle)..

Maes17

Superstar
Thanks for the advice everybody but the major stumbling block for me is that I hate cooking as much as I hate computers; I just like to throw food in the oven, pan and microwave without any preparation or seasoning or spices or anything.
i've had some success with brussel sprouts though, they used to come out the microwave like hard green lumps, so I tried leaving them in longer and they came out nice and mushy.
Problem is, I think I read somewhere that if you overcook veg it loses its vitamins and nutritional value, I just can't win (sniffle)..
Lazy wanker. Get your ass in the kitchen and learn to cook fer fuks sake!
The doomsdall hall needs you!

Tidal

Star
Lazy wanker. Get your ass in the kitchen and learn to cook fer fuks sake!
The doomsdall hall needs you!

I'm learning! For example I used to drop my beefburgers into a frying pan of oil on full heat then go watch TV in the living room and I'd know they were done when I heard explosions and the smoke alarm went off in the kitchen.
What happened was that the outside of the burgers had formed a hard crust and the soft molten interior had expanded and burst out like a Mount St Helens re-enactment, there were roiling ash clouds, pyroclastic flows, the lot.
So now I've learnt not to do them on full heat but to heat them more gently, it takes longer which is a hassle but hey that's life..

Last edited:

polymoog

Superstar
they used to come out the microwave like hard green lumps, so I tried leaving them in longer and they came out nice and mushy.
Problem is, I think I read somewhere that if you overcook veg it loses its vitamins and nutritional value, I just can't win (sniffle)
if you care about your health, cooking with the microwave is one of the worst things you can do.

Tidal

Star
if you care about your health, cooking with the microwave is one of the worst things you can do.

If you mean the danger from microwave radiation, I hear microwaves are built like 'Faraday Cages' to stop the radiation leaking out..:)

polymoog

Superstar
If you mean the danger from microwave radiation, I hear microwaves are built like 'Faraday Cages' to stop the radiation leaking out..

Carolyn

Star
This YT channel has loads of really cool interesting short videos about allsorts of stuff.

polymoog

Superstar
This YT channel has loads of really cool interesting short videos about allsorts of stuff.

i am trying to avoid ThemTube at all costs. do they have another channel somewhere else?

meximonk

Star
In no particular order:
Cafe Mocha slushes.
1st Person RPGs.
Finding other Truth Seekers.
The silly playful squeeks my youngest daughter makes.
The 90's subculture.
The Elder Scrolls but NOT ONLINE.
Virtual worlds.
Ready Player One (not the book).
Fettuccini Alfredo with Chicken Breast.
Hamburgers.
Italian Pizza.
Chicago Deep Dish Pizza.
Electronica / Remix Music.
Playing LAN Games with my sons.
Driving in the early evening with the windows partially down and 80s & 90s music playing.
Star Trek DS9.
Babylon 5.
The Elder Scrolls.
Anything to do with Space.
Mountains.
Pine Trees.
Colder temperatures.
Hamburgers (yes, I'm saying it twice).
Torah Studies.
Showing people what Torah really is (and seeing their reaction when they find out it's not what they think it is).
Bodily functions humor.
Chili.
(When I was younger and not Married yet: Shy, nerdy, petite girls who had no idea how beautiful they were).
Seeing the previous thing mentioned putting the opposite in it's place.
Classic arcades.
Privately owned Coffee Shops.
Hamburgers (yes, I'm saying it thrice).
Anything and everything about the Truth.
Being alone.
Deserts at sunset.
Maps.
Tex-Mex food.
Seattle Washington before it went hard-core Liberal.
Switzerland minus the Illuminist banksters there.
England & English culture.
Mexican architecture.
Mexican lifestyle.
NYC humor.
Denver before it went Liberal.
Blondes (don't tell my wife).

EDIT: Changed to returns instead of all lumped into one paragraph for easier reading.

Last edited:

Carolyn

Star
In no particular order:
Cafe Mocha slushes. 1st Person RPGs. Finding other Truth Seekers. The silly playful squeeks my youngest daughter makes. The 90's subculture. The Elder Scrolls but NOT ONLINE. Virtual worlds. Ready Player One (not the book). Fettuccini Alfredo with Chicken Breast. Hamburgers. Italian Pizza. Chicago Deep Dish Pizza. Electronica / Remix Music. Playing LAN Games with my sons. Driving in the early evening with the windows partially down and 80s & 90s music playing. Star Trek DS9. Babylon 5. The Elder Scrolls. Anything to do with Space. Mountains. Pine Trees. Colder temperatures. Hamburgers (yes, I'm saying it twice). Torah Studies. Showing people what Torah really is (and seeing their reaction when they find out it's not what they think it is). Bodily functions humor. Chili. (When I was younger and not Married yet: Shy, nerdy, petite girls who had no idea how beautiful they were). Seeing the previous thing mentioned putting the opposite in it's place. Classic arcades. Privately owned Coffee Shops. Hamburgers (yes, I'm saying it thrice). Anything and everything about the Truth. Being alone. Deserts at sunset. Maps. Tex-Mex food. Seattle Washington before it went hard-core Liberal. Switzerland minus the Illuminist banksters there. England & English culture. Mexican architecture. Mexican lifestyle. NYC humor. Denver before it went Liberal. Blondes (don't tell my wife).
would be easier to read with a few spaces? :|

meximonk

Star
There is nothing quite so enchanting, in this state (Michigan) which geologists tell us was carved by retreating, melting glaciers at the end of the last ice age, than to go into the woods, along the Lake Michigan shoreline, find a good lot of these, morel mushrooms, take them home, and pan fry them in a bit of red wine ...
Man I miss Michigan! It's one of my 3 favorite States.