Favorite Things Thread!

Carolyn

Star
There is and your bread looks great.
Thanks. Its not been great the last few months, i ditched my last starter cause I thought Id ruined it, could have probably been saved but I got another one and it wasnt really performing but turned out I was over feeding it so have it back under control now lol got a milk bread recipe off youtube for dried active yeast but I just adapted it for my sourdough starter and its doing really well.

Baked one for me and one for my daughter to take back to her boyfriends. Actually cooked a real dinner today cause shes coming, it kinda sucks cooking for one and Ive not got my dishwasher and doing dishes is really just adding to my pain and exhaustion and am slowly trying to get back on track with my soapmaking and hopefully selling soonish, its almost my 1st year anniversary since I started lol

Really couldn't find that other thread at all, my brains on a go slow today lol

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
Showing off my bread skills, thought there was another thread called Good Things or something lol
LOL I also thought this was the other thread.:)
Lovely sourdough bread.....I still did not make that one but Love to make bread usually olive focaccia.:)

Carolyn

Star
LOL I also thought this was the other thread.:)
Lovely sourdough bread.....I still did not make that one but Love to make bread usually olive focaccia.:)
Thanks my starter is really good, bought it off amazon lmao £8 or something lol second one I bought though the first one lasted over a year and I gave up on it cause I had moved and it got a bit neglected. Its a total bargin I love it.

Carrieh76

Rookie
Hello, I would like to host a party and you are all invited and I mean everyone.:)
Let us have fun here and tell me about your favorite thing, memory, place whatever. I am interested .:)
This is to remain a safe space please, no animosity.:p
Kudos to those who tried to stop the wars at the daycare this week. Blessed are the peacemakers!
Really tried to hold back on the smileys, excuses.....

Here is my contributions for today.
Interested in Moroccan Lanterns:
I saw someone liked the mocha frappachino from McDonald’s I loooovvee the Carmel one it’s soo good, I also love a big plate of Mexican food, swimming with my two sons at our apartments pool, one thing I love but wish I didn’t is TV it’s full of hidden agendas but I try to ignore it so I can just escape a little sometimes, I love reading Vigilant Citizen which I have done for years, I love my family and right now I love living in Oklahoma where we aren’t having to take the coronavirus so seriously. Oh and I can’t and will never forget God who has always been with me through so many trials and tribulations and saved me through all the negative!

Carolyn

Star
very thought provoking videos, pretty cool!

Tidal

Star
Topic- Favorite Things Thread!
---------------------------------------------

I LURVED the dinners me mam used to do, but she died 20 years ago and i've not had a decent meal since, I live out of cans now and it's all pretty bland.
Some grocers do "ready meals" in a compartmented plastic tray (taters, veg, meat, yorkshire pud and gravy) which you have to heat up at home which aren't bad but they're hard to get because local grocers don't seem to stock them so i'll google around to see if any place can home-deliver them from further afield..:)

Last edited:

polymoog

Superstar
I LURVED the dinners me mam used to do, but she died 20 years ago and i've not had a decent meal since, I live out of cans now and it's all pretty bland.
you live right next to the docks and you cant get any fresh seafood?
of course stuff coming out of a can is going to taste bland. go get yourself some fresh food, look around online for a recipe, and follow it. its not complicated. get some asparagus lay them out on a tray with EVOO and salt/pepper, and roast them for 25 min or so at 400 F. you can do the same with brussels sprouts. they come out great.
i used to buy a lot of salmon fillets, cook them en masse so i wouldnt have to cook daily, and then have refrigerated leftovers all week.

Carolyn

Star
Crock pots are great too tidal. Get a piece of meat, put in onions, carrots, and celery, with tomato sauce, put in herbs de provence, salt and pepper, turn on for several hours, boom French cuisine.
slow cookers even better, you can make allsorts of stuff in slow cooker, soup, stew, puddings, bread, roasts you can get a decent size one for under £20 you can put it on the night before or first thing in the morning and whatever you are making will be ready in around 8 hours. I use mine a lot and its about 6 years old now lol

DesertRose

Superstar
@polymoog beat me to it. :D:D
@polymoog, @lightseeker @Carolyn good points!
(Just read that a crock pot is also a slow cooker it is a brand name.)
Some grocers do "ready meals" in a compartmented plastic tray (taters, veg, meat, yorkshire pud and gravy) which you have to heat up at home which aren't bad but they're hard to get because local grocers don't seem to stock them so i'll google around to see if any place can home-deliver them from further afield..:)
On a serious note, Tidal you don't need to rely on others for a good meal;)
Before Covid I would have told you to take some cooking classes!
Edit: I would suggest getting a rice cooker and going online for recipes Youtube has excellent videos on this. Most of all enjoy cooking!
Thanks for sharing everyone!

Last edited:

Tidal

Star
Thanks people, if there are 3 things i know zilch about they're economics, women and cooking..:)
I bought myself this mini-oven earlier this year (130 GB pounds/ 160 US dollars) but I'm not very impressed with it.
No matter what I put in it like fish fingers, chips, pies etc, they usually come out dry and tasteless even though I follow the heating and timing instructions to the letter.
On the back of the food packets they give the option of cooking fan-assisted, so I always use that option because it takes less time to cook stuff, maybe the fan is drying out the food too much, I dunno.

polymoog

Superstar
No matter what I put in it like fish fingers, chips, pies etc, they usually come out dry and tasteless even though I follow the heating and timing instructions to the letter.
are you even seasoning any of this crap youre cooking?

Tidal

Star
are you even seasoning any of this crap youre cooking?

Nah, I don't know what the word means, I simply open the food packets and cans and bung the stuff in the oven or microwave and switch on and wait for the ping.
Sometimes I use the hobs to fry stuff, for example only yesterday I sliced up a sirloin steak and fried it but it came out like hard rubber and I had a hell of a time trying to chew it, it'd have been easier if i had teeth like Jaws or Bear Grylls.

Last edited: