Favorite Things Thread!

DesertRose

Superstar
I saw a bunch in a bazaar in the UAE but I did not buy them due to the logistics of traveling with such fragile stuff.

Although I have brought carpets and drapes from that region:p:D. How many strange things can a person take on board a flight?:)

(someone paid much money for flying these precious hawks)
smashed lollipops sounds lovely:).

Last edited:

yannick

Veteran
"Lyall Watson was a south African botanist, zoologist, biologist, anthropologist, ethologist, and author of many books"

Sounds good man

One of my favorites

View attachment 19564
Wow, thanks! :) Certainly looks beautiful to read!

1550454569829.jpg1550454569970.jpg1550454570095.jpg1550454570219.jpg1550454570355.jpg1550454570486.jpg1550454570613.jpg

Jack Kerouac

American novelist

Jack Kerouac was an American novelist and poet of French-Canadian descent. He is considered a literary iconoclast and, alongside William S. Burroughs and Allen Ginsberg, a pioneer of the Beat Generation. Kerouac is recognized for his method of spontaneous prose.

Wikipedia

Born: 12 March 1922, Lowell, Massachusetts, United States

Died: 21 October 1969, St. Anthony's Hospital Emergency Center, St. Petersburg, Florida, United States

Movies: On the Road, Big Sur, Pull My Daisy

Spouse: Stella Kerouac (m. 1966–1969), Joan Kerouac (m. 1950–1951), Edie Parker (m. 1944–1946)

Quotes

Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.

My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them.

I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.

:)

Dalit

Star

Jack Kerouac

American novelist​

Jack Kerouac was an American novelist and poet of French-Canadian descent. He is considered a literary iconoclast and, alongside William S. Burroughs and Allen Ginsberg, a pioneer of the Beat Generation. Kerouac is recognized for his method of spontaneous prose.​

Spouse: Stella Kerouac (m. 1966–1969), Joan Kerouac (m. 1950–1951), Edie Parker (m. 1944–1946)​

Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.

My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them.

Wow, he was kinda hot, but all kinds of messed up. That used to be my type. :)

elsbet

Superstar
We share something Yay!
Welcome! Welcome! and thank you for sharing! Claire:) and you like tea wonderful I had to look up PG TIPS!! British Tea brand :)!
View attachment 19544
Here is a lantern for you to look at:)

So do I...! On another note...

Last weekend, I went to a festival, and saw boxes in all the shops of (none other than) Desert Roses. Are you familiar with these stones? I had no idea, myself.

Desert rose is the colloquial name given to rose-like formations of crystal clusters of gypsum or baryte which include abundant sand grains. The 'petals' are crystals flattened on the c crystallographic axis, fanning open in radiating flattened crystal clusters.​
WIKI

!

DesertRose

Superstar
So do I...! On another note...

Last weekend, I went to a festival, and saw boxes in all the shops of (none other than) Desert Roses. Are you familiar with these stones? I had no idea, myself.

Desert rose is the colloquial name given to rose-like formations of crystal clusters of gypsum or baryte which include abundant sand grains. The 'petals' are crystals flattened on the c crystallographic axis, fanning open in radiating flattened crystal clusters.WIKI

!
OH WOW! SO PRETTY! Thanks for the share elsbet I never knew about these formations....! :)

Maes17

Superstar
All yinz youngsters with your fanciful artsy stuff, lamps and lights and herbal teas and the like. ;)

Not sure what my fave thing is at the moment.
Busy at work and killing my workouts on my down time.

Away from that. Being a dad and that involves helping with homework.
My cat's are pretty independent, but our Aussie shepherd is really close to the wife and I.

DesertRose

Superstar
Away from that. Being a dad and that involves helping with homework.
My cat's are pretty independent, but our Aussie shepherd is really close to the wife and I.
You have a beautiful and full life being a responsible husband and dad and a responsible pet owner. Kudos!!!:)
Thank you for dropping in! Welcome!

Jack Kerouac

American novelist​

Jack Kerouac was an American novelist and poet of French-Canadian descent. He is considered a literary iconoclast and, alongside William S. Burroughs and Allen Ginsberg, a pioneer of the Beat Generation. Kerouac is recognized for his method of spontaneous prose.​

Spouse: Stella Kerouac (m. 1966–1969), Joan Kerouac (m. 1950–1951), Edie Parker (m. 1944–1946)​

One of my other faves

D7700DB9-8A78-4054-A231-B5C2667A6C33.jpeg

Maes17

Superstar
You have a beautiful and full life being a responsible husband and dad and a responsible pet owner. Kudos!!!:)
Thank you for dropping in! Welcome!
It can be a sleepy life too
;)

But yes a full life. I love it.
Keeps me grounded. Especially having a kid. Really does change you

DesertRose

Superstar
It can be a sleepy life too
;)

But yes a full life. I love it.
Keeps me grounded. Especially having a kid. Really does change you
LOL sleepy and sleep depriving but the weird thing is how fast the grow up.>>>>>>>>fast
Bless you Maes17 and thanks for being a peaceful person on here!

Maes17

Superstar
LOL sleepy and sleep depriving but the weird thing is how fast the grow up.>>>>>>>>fast
Bless you Maes17 and thanks for being a peaceful person on here!
My son turns 6 on March 17th. Too fast.
I still remember his infant days and remember him trying chocolate pudding for the first time and he didn't like it. Now he's chocolate pudding and milk as a treat of course. But a lot of those moments. Too fast.

You're peaceful too. Thanks for always giving me something to read.
Everyone here on VC has always been welcoming even if we have differences in opinions, beliefs.

Love ya guys in a message board, friend type of way.

There is one book that with its imagery and storytelling keeps its readers in a state of flow.
It is written by a Jewish convert to Islam who later became Pakistan's first Ambassador to the UN.

Muhammad Asad (pronounced [ˈmoʊ̯hämæd ˈæsæd] (listen), Arabic: محمد أسد‎ /muħammad ʔasad/, Urdu: محمد أسد‬‎, born Leopold Weiss; 12 July 1900[17] – 20 February 1992[18][19]) was a Jewish-born Austro-Hungarian, Pakistani Ambassador, Muslim journalist, traveler, writer, linguist, thinker, political theorist, diplomat and Islamic scholar.[5] Asad was one of the most influential European Muslims of the 20th c
https://www.azquotes.com/author/581-Muhammad_Asad
Islam appears to me like a perfect work of architecture. All its parts are harmoniously conceived to complement and support each other; nothing is superfluous and nothing lacking; and the result is a structure of absolute balance and solid composure.

Muhammad Asad

After God gave Adam and Eve Instructions about the one tree in the Garden, The Serpent said: It appears that God doth know that when you eat of the fruit of the Tree ,your eyes will be open, and you shall be as God, knowing good from evil...So you shall not surely die.

Satan The Serpent
If you can not believe God with the Truth, Then you surround yourself with those who will support your carnal theology with false narratives.

DesertRose

Superstar
Let us keep this thread friendly! Zero tolerance for negative lies and toxic remarks.

You're peaceful too. Thanks for always giving me something to read.
Everyone here on VC has always been welcoming even if we have differences in opinions, beliefs.

Love ya guys in a message board, friend type of way.
Thank you soo much Maes17 for those kind words. Likewise.:):)

Last edited: