Favorite Things Thread!

Daze

Established
Home gym got an upgrade. Will post pics later
Atm weights are expensive due to the scam-demic. 3, $4 a pound easy. I ended up paying $400 for a 300lb set back in June. Got lucky as all of the other sellers were asking 500+. Which is annoying seeing its a $200 set pre plan-demic days.

I ended up building a power rack. Took me 7 hours and about $280 but its solid and should last for years. Home gyms the way to go imho.

Maes17

Star
Atm weights are expensive due to the scam-demic. 3, $4 a pound easy. I ended up paying $400 for a 300lb set back in June. Got lucky as all of the other sellers were asking 500+. Which is annoying seeing its a $200 set pre plan-demic days.

I ended up building a power rack. Took me 7 hours and about $280 but its solid and should last for years. Home gyms the way to go imho.
Really expensive. I’m investing slowly in plates.
No rush. NM has shut down again, so gym closures starting monday. I needed an olympic bar/squat rack.

400 is still pricey, but overall good investment if utilized.

Nice. I wanted to build a power rack. Just don’t have the time these days.

Maes17

Star

So I bought a ss yoke bar from elitefts. Damn booger was $500+

Bought a couple 15lb bumper plates and a couple 25lb bumper plates. I don’t know kg’s. My ignorant american cannot calculate freedom units to kg’s.

I also bought a 20lb medicine ball and 35lb kettlebell from rogue fitness. Needless to say. It’s expensive lol

Daze

Established
I also bought a 20lb medicine ball and 35lb kettlebell from rogue fitness. Needless to say. It’s expensive lol
Rogue is expensive, try Craiglist or Offerup. Wait long enough and you'll catch a deal. One thing nice about exercise equipment, it doesn't have to be new.

Carolyn

Veteran
Congratulations!

Always nice to have something well suited to look forward to.

:)
Thanks, my living situation has mostly been pretty bad the last 10 years living mostly in overpriced not very well maintained housing and this is a housing association which is much better than private lets, am in temporary acommodation right now which is not the worst place Ive been especially the last 10 years so its a long time coming. Everything has been on hold for the last year too so I havent been able to really make soap and the whole trying to start selling it has been put on the backburner so hopefully once I get settled I can work towards that again.

DesertRose

Superstar
Interesting documentary. Did not know the Berbers also had people of the Jewish faith.
Return to Morocco | Al Jazeera World
Jews first began to settle in Morocco over 2,000 years ago and for centuries they and Muslims have happily co-existed there.

Remarkable Places to Eat - Marrakesh, Morocco
After the 36 min mark a top Moroccan restaurant gives their recipe for how they make their lamb!

Last edited: