Favorite Quran Verses

DesertRose

Superstar
“And when Our Clear Verses are recited unto them,
those who hope not for their meeting with Us, say: Bring us a Quran other than this, or change it.
”Say (O Muhammad SAW): “It is not for me to change it on my own accord;
I only follow that which is revealed unto me.
Verily, I fear if I were to disobey my Lord, the torment of the Great Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection).
(Quran, Surah Yunus : 15).

DesertRose

Superstar
35:3-24
3. O people! Remember God’s blessings upon you. Is there a creator other than God who provides for you from the heaven and the earth? There is no god but He. So how are you misled?
4. If they reject you, messengers before you were also rejected. To God all matters are returned.
5. O people! The promise of God is true; so let not the lowly life seduce you, and let not the Tempter tempt you away from God.
6. Satan is an enemy to you, so treat him as an enemy. He only invites his gang to be among the inmates of the Inferno.
7. Those who disbelieve will suffer a harsh punishment, but those who believe and do righteous deeds will have forgiveness and a great reward.
8. What of him whose evil deed was made attractive to him, and so he regards it as good? God leads astray whomever He wills, and He guides whomever He wills. Therefore, do not waste yourself sorrowing over them. God knows exactly what they do.
9. God is He who sends the winds, which agitate clouds, which We drive to a dead land, and thereby revive the ground after it had died. Likewise is the Resurrection.
10. Whoever desires honor—all honor belongs to God. To Him ascends speech that is pure, and He elevates righteous conduct. As for those who plot evil, a terrible punishment awaits them, and the planning of these will fail.
11. God created you from dust, then from a small drop; then He made you pairs. No female conceives, or delivers, except with His knowledge. No living thing advances in years, or its life is shortened, except it be in a Record. That is surely easy for God.
12. The two seas are not the same. One is fresh, sweet, good to drink, while the other is salty and bitter. Yet from each you eat tender meat, and extract jewelry which you wear. And you see the ships plowing through them, so that you may seek of His bounty, so that you may give thanks.
13. He merges the night into the day, and He merges the day into the night; and He regulates the sun and the moon, each running for a stated term. Such is God, your Lord; His is the sovereignty. As for those you call upon besides Him, they do not possess a speck.
14. If you pray to them, they cannot hear your prayer. And even if they heard, they would not answer you. And on the Day of Resurrection, they will reject your partnership. None informs you like an Expert.
15. O people! It is you who are the poor, in need of God; while God is the Rich, the Praiseworthy.
16. If He wills, He can do away with you, and produce a new creation.
17. And that would not be difficult for God.
18. No burdened soul can carry the burden of another. Even if one weighted down calls for help with its burden, nothing can be lifted from it, even if they were related. You are to warn those who fear their Lord inwardly, and perform the prayer. He who purifies himself purifies himself for his own good. To God is the ultimate return.
19. Not equal are the blind and the seeing.
20. Nor are the darkness and the light.
21. Nor are the shade and the torrid heat.
22. Nor are equal the living and the dead. God causes whomever He wills to hear, but you cannot make those in the graves hear.
23. You are only a warner.
24. We sent you with the truth; a bearer of good news, and a warner. There is no community but a warner has passed through it.

DesertRose

Superstar
7. O you who believe! If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm.
8. But those who disbelieve (in the Oneness of Allah Islamic Monotheism), for them is destruction, and (Allah) will make their deeds vain.
9. That is because they hate that which Allah has sent down (this Qur'an and Islamic laws, etc.), so He has made their deeds fruitless.
10. Have they not travelled through the earth, and seen what was the end of those before them? Allah destroyed them completely and a similar (fate awaits) the disbelievers.
11. That is because Allah is the Maula (Lord, Master, Helper, Protector, etc.) of those who believe, and the disbelievers have no Maula (lord, master, helper, protector, etc.).
12. Certainly! Allah will admit those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah Islamic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, to Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise), while those who disbelieve enjoy themselves and eat as cattle eat, and the Fire will be their abode.

47:7-12

An-Nisa - 119
"And most certainly I will leave them astray and surely I will excite in them delusion (fantasy) and surely I will command them. And they will slit the ears of cattle, and I will command them so they will change the creation of Allah; and whoever takes Satan for a friend instead of Allah, has surely suffered a manifest loss."

Genetically modified organism, lab-grown meat.

Bubbajay

Veteran
4:34 Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts because God has guarded them. As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and forsake them in beds apart, and BEAT THEM. Then if they obey you, take no further action against them. Surely God is high, supreme.

DesertRose

Superstar
51 Those who took their religion lightly, and in jest, and whom the worldly life deceived. Today We will ignore them, as they ignored the meeting on this Day of theirs, and they used to deny Our revelations.
52 We have given them a Scripture, which We detailed with knowledge—guidance and mercy for people who believe.
53 Are they waiting for anything but its fulfillment? The Day its fulfillment comes true, those who disregarded it before will say, “The messengers of our Lord did come with the truth. Have we any intercessors to intercede for us? Or, could we be sent back, to behave differently from the way we behaved before?” They ruined their souls, and what they used to invent has failed them.
7: 51-53

DesertRose

Superstar
55 Call upon your Lord in humility and privately; indeed, He does not like transgressors.
56 And cause not corruption upon the earth after its reformation.
And invoke Him in fear and aspiration.
Indeed, the mercy of Allah is near to the doers of good.

7: 55-56

DesertRose

Superstar
2:2 This is the Book in which there is no doubt, a guide for the righteous.

2:3 Those who believe in the unseen, and perform the prayers, and give from what We have provided for them.

2:4 And those who believe in what was revealed to you, and in what was revealed before you, and are certain of the Hereafter.

2:5 These are upon guidance from their Lord. These are the successful.

2:6 As for those who disbelieve—it is the same for them, whether you have warned them, or have not warned them—they do not believe.

DesertRose

Superstar
@DesertRose why did bani Israel ask Musa (peace be upon him) so many questions about the baqarah?
I agree with brother Daze they disbelieved despite the many signs and evidences and their responses to Prophet Musa peace be upon him) were full of stubbornness and arrogance as well.

They responded to the blessings of Allah towards them with "ingratitude, denial and forgetfulness".
May present day Muslims not follow that example. Ameen.
Brother @InfoHarb, I posted the above resource and scholarly response so as to provide informed opinion.:)

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
“And He (Allaah) will teach him [‘Eesa (Jesus)] the Book and Al-Hikmah (i.e. the Sunnah, the faultless speech of the Prophets, wisdom), (and) the Tawraat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel).
And will make him [‘Eesa (Jesus)] a Messenger to the Children of Israel (saying): ‘I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, that I design for you out of clay, a figure like that of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allaah’s Leave; and I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I bring the dead to life by Allaah’s Leave. And I inform you of what you eat, and what you store in your houses. Surely, therein is a sign for you, if you believe.
‘And I have come confirming that which was before me of the Tawraat (Torah), and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you, and I have come to you with a proof from your Lord. So fear Allaah and obey me’”

[Aal –‘Imraan 3:48-50]

DesertRose

Superstar
49:12. O you who believe! Avoid most suspicion—some suspicion is sinful. And do not spy on one another, nor backbite one another. Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would detest it. So remain mindful of Allah. Allah is Most Relenting, Most Merciful.
49: 13. O people! We created you from a male and a female, and made you races and tribes, that you may know one another. The best among you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous. Allah is All-Knowing, Well-Experienced.

DesertRose

Superstar
“…and if you had seen when the unjust shall be in the agonies of death and the angels shall spread forth their hands: Give up your souls; today shall you be recompensed with an ignominious chastisement…” (Surah Anam verse 93)

May Allah reward you all and reunite us in His Jannah.
Please keep this thread going. It is a blessing in sha Allah!