Favorite Quran Verses

DesertRose

Superstar
O children of Adam! We have provided for you clothing to cover your nakedness and as an adornment. However, the best clothing is righteousness. This is one of Allah’s bounties, so perhaps you will be mindful.
O children of Adam! Do not let Satan deceive you as he tempted your parents out of Paradise and caused their cover to be removed in order to expose their nakedness. Surely he and his soldiers watch you from where you cannot see them. We have made the devils allies of those who disbelieve.
Whenever they commit a shameful deed, they say, “We found our forefathers doing it and Allah has commanded us to do it.” Say, “No! Allah never commands what is shameful. How can you attribute to Allah what you do not know?”
Say, ˹O Prophet,˺ “My Lord has commanded uprightness and dedication ˹to Him alone˺ in worship, calling upon Him with sincere devotion. Just as He first brought you into being, you will be brought to life again.”
He has guided some, while others are destined to stray. They have taken devils as their masters instead of Allah—thinking they are ˹rightly˺ guided.
O Children of Adam! Dress properly whenever you are at worship. Eat and drink, but do not waste. Surely He does not like the wasteful.

7:26-31

DesertRose

Superstar
But seek, through that which Allah has given you,
the home of the Hereafter;
and [yet], do not forget your share of the world.
And do good as Allah has done good to you.
And desire not corruption in the land.
Indeed, Allah does not like corrupters.”

Surah Al Qasas Ayat 77

A Freeman

Superstar
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

THE GOOD NEWS OF A BOY
(PROOF that Abraham offered ISAAC)

Sura 37:101 And We gave Abraham the "good news" of a boy ready to suffer and forbear (through the angel messengers We sent to him).

Sura 37:102 Then, when the boy reached the age of serious work with him Abraham said, "O my son! I see in vision that I offer thee in sacrifice."

Sura 37:112 And We gave him the "good news" of Isaac - a prophet - one of the righteous (through the angel messengers We sent to him).

Sura 37:113 We blessed Abraham and Isaac.

Sura 6:84 And We gave Abraham Isaac and Jacob: all three We guided aright.

Sura 38:45-46 And commemorate Our servants Abraham, Isaac (not Ishmael), and Jacob, possessors of Power and Vision. Verily did We choose them for a special purpose - proclaiming the Message of the Hereafter. They were in Our sight, truly, of the company of the Elect and the good.

Sura 11:71 And We gave Abraham the glad tidings ("good news") of Isaac and after him Jacob / Israel (the son of Isaac).

Sura 15:54 "Good news" of a son.

Sura 51:28 Glad tidings ("good news") of a son (Isaac - "laughter" in Hebrew) and Sarah laughed being 90 years old (the word Isaac means laughter and because Sarah laughed the child was named "laughter" - Isaac in Hebrew).

We gave the "good news" means "news from God" via an angel messenger. No angel was ever sent to Abraham to announce the birth of Ishmael and this is born-out by all of the Holy Scriptures. He was born because of Sarai (Sarah) not because of God and was born to an Egyptian surrogate-mother, called Hagar.

All of the references of "good news" refer to Isaac and not to Ishmael, PROVING THAT THE MECCANS CHANGED THE NAME ISAAC FOR ISHMAEL IN Sura 2:125 and 127.

However Ishmael was blessed by God, later, when Abraham, who loved him, asked God to let Ishmael live before God (Genesis 17:18-20).

DesertRose

Superstar
“O you who have believed, repent to Allah with sincere repentance.
Perhaps your Lord will remove from you your misdeeds,
and admit you into gardens beneath which rivers flow
[on] the Day when Allah will not disgrace the Prophet and those who believed with him.”

Surah Tahrim Ayat 8

Say, ˹O Prophet,˺ “If your parents and children and siblings and spouses and extended family and the wealth you have acquired and the trade you fear will decline and the homes you cherish—˹if all these˺ are more beloved to you than Allah and His Messenger and struggling in His Way, then wait until Allah brings about His Will. Allah does not guide the rebellious people.”

9:24

Tidal

Star
The Jews say, "Ezra is the son of Allah"; and the Christians say, "The Messiah is the son of Allah." That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before [them]. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?
Surah at Tawbah 30

But Jesus himself said he was the Son of God, yet the jews and muslims don't believe him!

Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Surah Az-Zumar [39:53]

By the Glorious Morning Light,
And by the Night when it is still,-
Thy Guardian-Lord hath not forsaken thee, nor is He displeased.
And verily the Hereafter will be better for thee than the present.
And soon will thy Guardian-Lord give thee (that wherewith) thou shalt be well-pleased.
Did He not find thee an orphan and give thee shelter (and care)?
And He found thee wandering, and He gave thee guidance.
And He found thee in need, and made thee independent.
Therefore, treat not the orphan with harshness,
Nor repulse the petitioner (unheard);
But the bounty of the Lord - rehearse and proclaim!

Surah Ad-Duhaa
God does not honor those who have favorite verses, but honors those who live by them. Most of the worlds religions around the world are mostly talkers.....especially the catholic religion.

in Christ
Douglas Summers

DesertRose

Superstar
“Every soul will taste death,
and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection.
So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire].
And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion.”

Ayat 185

Vision

Veteran
“Will you not fear God and obey Him? Verily! I am a trustworthy Messenger to you. So fear God and obey me. No reward do I ask of you for it (my Message) my reward is only from the Lord of all that exists.” (Quran 26:161-164)

Vision

Veteran
They have certainly denied the truth, so they will soon face the consequences of their ridicule.
Have they failed to look at the earth, to see how many types of fine plants We have caused to grow in it?
(26:6-7)

DesertRose

Superstar
“Say, “My Lord, enable me to be grateful for Your favor which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents and to work righteousness of which You will approve,
and make righteous for me my offspring.
Indeed, I have repented to You, and indeed, I am of the Muslims.”

Surah Al-Ahqaf Ayat 15

DesertRose

Superstar
In Paradise they will ask one another about the guilty (polytheists, criminals, and disbelievers), (and they will ask them), “What has caused you to enter Hell?” They will say: “We were not of those who used to offer the prayer, nor did we feed the poor; and we used to talk falsehood (all that which God hated) with vain talkers and we used to belie the Day of Recompense, until there came to us (the death) that is certain.” (Quran 74:40-47)

The dwellers of Paradise will call out to the dwellers of Hell: “We have found that what our Lord promised us is true. Have you found that what your Lord promised you is true?” They will say: “Yes, we have!”... (Quran 7:44)

The dwellers of Hell will call out to the dwellers of Paradise: “Throw down some water to us, or some of what Allah has provided you with.” They will say: “God has forbidden them to the disbelievers.” (Quran 7: 50)

Vision

Veteran
“Indeed, the number of months with Allah is twelve [lunar] months in the register of Allah [from] the day He created the heavens and the earth; of these, four are sacred.. ” 9:36

The 4 sacred months are: Dhul Qa’dah, Dhul Hijjah, Muharram and Rajab.

O you who have believed, whoever of you should revert from his religion - Allah will bring forth [in place of them] a people He will love and who will love Him [who are] humble toward the believers, strong against the disbelievers; they strive in the cause of Allah and do not fear the blame of a critic. That is the favor of Allah; He bestows it upon whom He wills. And Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing.

Al Maidah 5:54

Be patient with those who call upon their Lord morning and evening, seeking His pleasure. Do not turn your eyes away from them, desiring the adornments of the life of this world. And do not obey one whose heart We have made heedless of Our remembrance, who follows his desires and whose affair is at loss.

Al Kahf 18:28

There certainly has come to you a messenger from among yourselves. He is concerned by your suffering, anxious for your well-being, and gracious and merciful to the believers. But if they turn away, then say, ˹O Prophet,˺ “Allah is sufficient for me. There is no god ˹worthy of worship˺ except Him. In Him I put my trust. And He is the Lord of the Mighty Throne.”

At Tawbah 9:128-129

DesertRose

Superstar
Surely We have revealed the Quran to thee, in portions.
So wait patiently for the judgment of thy Lord, and obey not a sinner or an ungrateful one among them.
And glorify the name of thy Lord morning and evening.
And during part of the night adore Him, and glorify Him throughout a long night.
Surely these love the transitory life and neglect a grievous day before them.
We created them and made firm their make, and, when We will, We can bring in their place the like of them by change.
Surely this is a Reminder; so whoever will, let him take a way to his Lord.
And you will not, unless Allah please. Surely Allah is ever Knowing, Wise —
He admits whom He pleases to His mercy; and the wrongdoers — He has prepared for them a painful chastisement.
76:23-31

DesertRose

Superstar
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

A questioner asks about the chastisement to befall
The disbelievers — there is none to avert it —
From Allah, Lord of the ways of Ascent.
To Him ascend the angels and the Spirit in a day the measure of which is fifty thousand years.
So be patient with a goodly patience. Surely they see it far off, And We see it nigh.
The day when the heaven is as molten brass,
And the mountains are as wool; And no friend will ask of friend,
(Though) they are made to see them. The guilty one would fain redeem himself from the chastisement of that day by his children,
And his wife and his brother, And his kin that gave him shelter, And all that are in the earth — then deliver him —
By no means! Surely it is a flaming Fire, Plucking out the extremities —
It shall claim him who retreats and turns his back,
And hoards then withholds. Surely man is created impatient —Fretful when evil afflicts him,
And niggardly when good befalls him — Except those who pray,
Who are constant at their prayer,
And in whose wealth there is a known right. For the beggar and the destitute,
And those who accept the truth of the day of Judgment:
And those who are fearful of the chastisement of their Lord —
Surely the chastisement of their Lord is (a thing) not to be felt secure from —
And those who restrain their sexual passions,

70:1-29

DesertRose

Superstar
Surely the dutiful have with their Lord Gardens of bliss.
Shall We then make those who submit as the guilty?
What is the matter with you? How do you judge? Or have you a book wherein you read
That you shall surely have therein what you choose?
Or have you covenants from Us on oath, extending to the day of Resurrection, that yours is surely what you judge?
Ask them which of them will vouch for that. Or have they associate-gods? Then let them bring their associates, if they are truthful. On the day when there is a severe affliction, and they are called upon to prostrate themselves, but they are not able —
Their looks cast down, abasement will cover them. And they were indeed called upon to prostrate themselves, while yet they were safe.
So leave Me alone with him who rejects this announcement. We shall overtake them by degrees, from whence they know not.
And I bear with them, surely My plan is firm.
Or dost thou ask from them a reward, so that they are burdened with debt?
Or is the unseen with them so that they write (it) down?
So wait patiently for the judgment of thy Lord, and be not like the Companion of the fish, when he cried while he was in distress.
Had not favour from his Lord reached him, he would certainly have been cast down on naked ground, while he was blamed.
Then his Lord chose him, and He made him of the righteous.
And those who disbelieve would almost smite thee with their eyes when they hear the Reminder, and they say: Surely he is mad!
And it is naught but a Reminder for the nations.
68:34-52