Favorite Quran Verses

And the servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk upon the earth easily, and when the ignorant address them [harshly], they say [words of] peace,
And those who spend [part of] the night to their Lord prostrating and standing [in prayer]
And those who say, "Our Lord, avert from us the punishment of Hell. Indeed, its punishment is ever adhering;
Indeed, it is evil as a settlement and residence."
And [they are] those who, when they spend, do so not excessively or sparingly but are ever, between that, [justly] moderate
And those who do not invoke with Allah another deity or kill the soul which Allah has forbidden [to be killed], except by right, and do not commit unlawful sexual intercourse. And whoever should do that will meet a penalty.
Multiplied for him is the punishment on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein humiliated -
Except for those who repent, believe and do righteous work. For them Allah will replace their evil deeds with good. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.
And he who repents and does righteousness does indeed turn to Allah with [accepted] repentance.
And [they are] those who do not testify to falsehood, and when they pass near ill speech, they pass by with dignity.
And those who, when reminded of the verses of their Lord, do not fall upon them deaf and blind.
25:63-73

DesertRose

Superstar
“Only those are the believers who have believed in Allaah and His Messenger, and afterword doubt not but strive with their wealth and their lives for the Cause of Allaah. Those! They are the truthful”

[al-Hujuraat 49:15]

40 But as for him who feared standing before his Lord, and restrained himself from impure evil desires, and lusts.
41 Verily, Paradise will be his abode.
42 They ask you (O Muhammad (Peace be upon him)) about the Hour, - when will be its appointed time?
43 You have no knowledge to say anything about it,
44 To your Lord belongs (the knowledge of) the term thereof.
45 You (O Muhammad (Peace be upon him)) are only a warner for those who fear it,
46 The Day they see it, (it will be) as if they had not tarried (in this world) except an afternoon or a morning.

[Surah al-Nazi'at, 40-46]

1600195049829.png

DesertRose

Superstar
Indeed, We will support Our messengers and those who believe during the life of this world and on the Day when the witnesses will stand -
The Day their excuse will not benefit the wrongdoers, and they will have the curse, and they will have the worst home.
And We had certainly given Moses guidance, and We caused the Children of Israel to inherit the Scripture
As guidance and a reminder for those of understanding.
So be patient, [O Muhammad]. Indeed, the promise of Allah is truth. And ask forgiveness for your sin and exalt [ Allah ] with praise of your Lord in the evening and the morning.
Indeed, those who dispute concerning the signs of Allah without [any] authority having come to them - there is not within their breasts except pride, [the extent of] which they cannot reach. So seek refuge in Allah . Indeed, it is He who is the Hearing, the Seeing.
The creation of the heavens and earth is greater than the creation of mankind, but most of the people do not know.
And not equal are the blind and the seeing, nor are those who believe and do righteous deeds and the evildoer. Little do you remember.

40: 51-59

Indeed, We will support Our messengers and those who believe during the life of this world and on the Day when the witnesses will stand -
The Day their excuse will not benefit the wrongdoers, and they will have the curse, and they will have the worst home.
And We had certainly given Moses guidance, and We caused the Children of Israel to inherit the Scripture
As guidance and a reminder for those of understanding.
So be patient, [O Muhammad]. Indeed, the promise of Allah is truth. And ask forgiveness for your sin and exalt [ Allah ] with praise of your Lord in the evening and the morning.
Indeed, those who dispute concerning the signs of Allah without [any] authority having come to them - there is not within their breasts except pride, [the extent of] which they cannot reach. So seek refuge in Allah . Indeed, it is He who is the Hearing, the Seeing.
The creation of the heavens and earth is greater than the creation of mankind, but most of the people do not know.
And not equal are the blind and the seeing, nor are those who believe and do righteous deeds and the evildoer. Little do you remember.

40: 51-59

Assalamu alaykum DR, nice to see you after so long : ))) Hope you are well.

30 There, [on that Day], every soul will be put to trial for what it did previously, and they will be returned to Allah, their master, the Truth, and lost from them is whatever they used to invent.
31 Say, "Who provides for you from the heaven and the earth? Or who controls hearing and sight and who brings the living out of the dead and brings the dead out of the living and who arranges [every] matter?" They will say, " Allah," so say, "Then will you not fear Him?"
32 For that is Allah, your Lord, the Truth. And what can be beyond truth except error? So how are you averted?

[Surah Yunus, 30-32]

1600968304865.png

Forever Light

Veteran
3:45. Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! God giveth thee glad tidings of The Word (John 1:1-5) from Him: he will be called Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to God.
3:46. He shall speak to the people in childhood (Luke 2:40-47) and in maturity. And he shall be (of the company) of the righteous."
3:47. She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?" He said: "Even so: God createth what He willeth: when He hath decreed a plan, He only saith to it, 'Be,' and it is!
3:48. And God will teach him The Book (Old Covenant) and Wisdom, The Law (The Torah) and The Gospel,
3:49. And (appoint him) an Apostle to the Children of Israel, (with this message): "'I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by God's leave: and I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I enliven the dead, by God's leave and I declare to you what ye eat, and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign for you if ye did believe;
3:50. (I have come to you), to affirm The Law which was before me. And to make lawful to you part of what was (before) forbidden to you; I have come to you with a Sign from your Lord. So fear God, and obey me.
3:51. It is God Who is my Lord and your Lord then worship Him. This is The Way that is Straight'."
3:52. When Jesus found Unbelief on their part he said: "Who will be My helpers to (the work of) God." Said the disciples: "We are God's helpers: we believe in God, and do thou bear witness that we are "True in Faith".
3:53. Our Lord! we believe in what Thou hast revealed, and we follow the Messenger; then write us down among those who bear witness."
3:54. And (the unbelievers) plotted and planned, and God too planned, and the best of planners is God.
3:55. Behold! God said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee SUPERIOR to those who reject faith, to The Day of Resurrection: then shall ye all return unto Me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.

- Koran, King of kings' Bible

Vision

Veteran
وَتِلْكَ الْقُرَىٰ أَهْلَكْنَاهُمْ لَمَّا ظَلَمُوا وَجَعَلْنَا لِمَهْلِكِهِم مَّوْعِدًا - 18:59
And those cities - We destroyed them when they wronged, and We made for their destruction an appointed time.

DesertRose

Superstar
Let one who has abundant wealth spend from his abundance. And let one whose provision is measured spend from that which God has given him. God tasks no soul beyond that which He has given it. God will bring ease after hardship.

-- at-Talaq 65:7

DesertRose

Superstar
2:163-165
And your god is one God. There is no deity [worthy of worship] except Him, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.
Indeed, in the creation of the heavens and earth, and the alternation of the night and the day, and the [great] ships which sail through the sea with that which benefits people, and what Allah has sent down from the heavens of rain, giving life thereby to the earth after its lifelessness and dispersing therein every [kind of] moving creature, and [His] directing of the winds and the clouds controlled between the heaven and the earth are signs for a people who use reason.
And [yet], among the people are those who take other than Allah as equals [to Him]. They love them as they [should] love Allah . But those who believe are stronger in love for Allah . And if only they who have wronged would consider [that] when they see the punishment, [they will be certain] that all power belongs to Allah and that Allah is severe in punishment.

DesertRose

Superstar
There, [on that Day], every soul will be put to trial for what it did previously, and they will be returned to Allah, their master, the Truth, and lost from them is whatever they used to invent.
Say, "Who provides for you from the heaven and the earth? Or who controls hearing and sight and who brings the living out of the dead and brings the dead out of the living and who arranges [every] matter?" They will say, " Allah," so say, "Then will you not fear Him?"
For that is Allah, your Lord, the Truth. And what can be beyond truth except error? So how are you averted?
Thus the word of your Lord has come into effect upon those who defiantly disobeyed - that they will not believe.
Say, "Are there of your 'partners' any who begins creation and then repeats it?" Say, " Allah begins creation and then repeats it, so how are you deluded?"
Say, "Are there of your 'partners' any who guides to the truth?" Say, " Allah guides to the truth. So is He who guides to the truth more worthy to be followed or he who guides not unless he is guided? Then what is [wrong] with you - how do you judge?"
And most of them follow not except assumption. Indeed, assumption avails not against the truth at all. Indeed, Allah is Knowing of what they do.

10:30-36

DesertRose

Superstar
Indeed, Allah has purchased from the believers their lives and their properties [in exchange] for that they will have Paradise. They fight in the cause of Allah, so they kill and are killed. [It is] a true promise [binding] upon Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. And who is truer to his covenant than Allah ? So rejoice in your transaction which you have contracted. And it is that which is the great attainment.
[Such believers are] the repentant, the worshippers, the praisers [of Allah ], the travelers [for His cause], those who bow and prostrate [in prayer], those who enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong, and those who observe the limits [set by] Allah . And give good tidings to the believers.
9:111-112

DesertRose

Superstar
And [mention, O Muhammad], the Day We will gather them all together; then We will say to those who associated others with Allah, "Where are your 'partners' that you used to claim [with Him]?"
Then there will be no [excuse upon] examination except they will say, "By Allah, our Lord, we were not those who associated."
See how they will lie about themselves. And lost from them will be what they used to invent.
And among them are those who listen to you, but We have placed over their hearts coverings, lest they understand it, and in their ears deafness. And if they should see every sign, they will not believe in it. Even when they come to you arguing with you, those who disbelieve say, "This is not but legends of the former peoples."
And they prevent [others] from him and are [themselves] remote from him. And they do not destroy except themselves, but they perceive [it] not.
If you could but see when they are made to stand before the Fire and will say, "Oh, would that we could be returned [to life on earth] and not deny the signs of our Lord and be among the believers."
But what they concealed before has [now] appeared to them. And even if they were returned, they would return to that which they were forbidden; and indeed, they are liars.
And they say, "There is none but our worldly life, and we will not be resurrected."
If you could but see when they will be made to stand before their Lord. He will say, "Is this not the truth?" They will say, "Yes, by our Lord." He will [then] say, "So taste the punishment because you used to disbelieve."
Those will have lost who deny the meeting with Allah, until when the Hour [of resurrection] comes upon them unexpectedly, they will say, "Oh, [how great is] our regret over what we neglected concerning it," while they bear their burdens on their backs. Unquestionably, evil is that which they bear.
And the worldly life is not but amusement and diversion; but the home of the Hereafter is best for those who fear Allah, so will you not reason?

6:22-32

DesertRose

Superstar
We know that you, [O Muhammad], are saddened by what they say. And indeed, they do not call you untruthful, but it is the verses of Allah that the wrongdoers reject.
And certainly were messengers denied before you, but they were patient over [the effects of] denial, and they were harmed until Our victory came to them. And none can alter the words of Allah . And there has certainly come to you some information about the [previous] messengers.
And if their evasion is difficult for you, then if you are able to seek a tunnel into the earth or a stairway into the sky to bring them a sign, [then do so]. But if Allah had willed, He would have united them upon guidance. So never be of the ignorant.
Only those who hear will respond. But the dead - Allah will resurrect them; then to Him they will be returned.
And they say, "Why has a sign not been sent down to him from his Lord?" Say, "Indeed, Allah is Able to send down a sign, but most of them do not know."
And there is no creature on [or within] the earth or bird that flies with its wings except [that they are] communities like you. We have not neglected in the Register a thing. Then unto their Lord they will be gathered.
But those who deny Our verses are deaf and dumb within darknesses. Whomever Allah wills - He leaves astray; and whomever He wills - He puts him on a straight path.
6:33-39

God will say, ‘This is a Day when the truthful will benefit from their truthfulness. They will have Gardens graced with flowing streams, there to remain for ever. God is pleased with them and they with Him: that is the supreme triumph.’

Surah Al-Maida, 119

A Freeman

Superstar
Sura 18:60-82
18:60. Behold, Moses said to his attendant, "I will not give up (the search for enlightenment) until I reach the junction of the two seas (the Straits of Gibraltar) or (until) I spend years and years in travel."
18:61. But when they reached the Junction, they forgot (about) their Fish (symbol of man's secular knowledge), which took its course through the sea (straight) as in a tunnel.
18:62. When they had passed on (some distance), Moses said to his attendant: "Bring us our early meal; truly we have suffered much fatigue at this (stage of) our journey."
18:63. He replied: "Sawest thou (what happened) when we got to the Rock? I did indeed forget (about) the Fish (secular knowledge): only Satan made me forget to tell (you) about it: it took its course through the sea* in a marvellous way!" *(multitude of many people - Isaiah 17:12-13)
18:64. Moses said: "That was what we were seeking after (getting away from secular knowledge):" so they went back on their footsteps, following (the path they had come).
18:65. So they found one of Our servants, on whom We had bestowed Mercy from Ourselves and whom We had taught Knowledge from Our own Presence (Prince [St.] Michael - Enoch 50:3; Daniel 10:21).
18:66. Moses said to him: "May I follow thee, on the footing that thou teach me something of the (Higher) Truth which thou hast been taught?"
18:67. (The other) said: "Verily thou wilt not be able to have patience with me!
18:68. And how can thou have patience about things about which thy understanding is not complete?"
18:69. Moses said: "Thou wilt find me, if "I AM" so will, (truly) patient: nor shall I disobey thee in anything."
18:70. The other said: "If then thou wouldst follow me, ask me no questions about anything until I myself speak to thee concerning it."
18:71. So they both proceeded: until, when they were in the boat, he scuttled it. Said Moses: "Hast thou scuttled it in order to drown those in it? Truly a strange thing hast thou done!"
18:72. He answered: "Did I not tell thee that thou canst have no patience with me?"
18:73. Moses said: "Rebuke me not for forgetting, nor grieve me by raising difficulties in my case."
18:74. Then they proceeded: until, when they met a young man, he slew him. Moses said: "Hast thou slain an innocent person who had slain none? Truly a foul (unheard of) thing hast thou done!"
18:75. He answered: "Did I not tell thee that thou canst have no patience with me?"
18:76. (Moses) said: "If ever I ask thee about anything after this, keep me not in thy company: then wouldst thou have received (full) excuse from my side."
18:77. Then they proceeded: until, when they came to the inhabitants of a town, they asked them for food, but they refused them hospitality. They found there a wall on the point of falling down, but he set it up straight. (Moses) said: "If thou hadst wished, surely thou couldst have exacted some payment for it!"
18:78. He answered: "This is the parting between me and thee: now will I tell thee the interpretation of (those things) over which thou wast unable to hold patience.
18:79. As for the boat, it belonged to certain men in dire need: they worked on the water: I only wished to render it unserviceable, for there was a certain king after them, who seized every boat by force.
18:80. As for the youth, his parents were people of Faith, and We feared that he would grieve them by obstinate rebellion and ingratitude (to "I AM" and man).
18:81. So We desired that their Lord would give them, in exchange, (a son) better in purity (of conduct) and closer in affection.
18:82. As for the wall, it belonged to two youths, orphans, in the Town; there was, beneath it, a buried treasure, to which they were entitled: their father had been a righteous man: so thy Lord desired that they should attain their age of full strength and get out their treasure - a mercy (and favour) from thy Lord. I did it not of my own accord. Such is the interpretation of (those things) over which thou wast unable to hold patience."

There is a great film called "The Silent Flute" which portrays the above passage.

Sura 18:60-82
18:60. Behold, Moses said to his attendant, "I will not give up (the search for enlightenment) until I reach the junction of the two seas (the Straits of Gibraltar) or (until) I spend years and years in travel."
18:61. But when they reached the Junction, they forgot (about) their Fish (symbol of man's secular knowledge), which took its course through the sea (straight) as in a tunnel.
18:62. When they had passed on (some distance), Moses said to his attendant: "Bring us our early meal; truly we have suffered much fatigue at this (stage of) our journey."
18:63. He replied: "Sawest thou (what happened) when we got to the Rock? I did indeed forget (about) the Fish (secular knowledge): only Satan made me forget to tell (you) about it: it took its course through the sea* in a marvellous way!" *(multitude of many people - Isaiah 17:12-13)
18:64. Moses said: "That was what we were seeking after (getting away from secular knowledge):" so they went back on their footsteps, following (the path they had come).
18:65. So they found one of Our servants, on whom We had bestowed Mercy from Ourselves and whom We had taught Knowledge from Our own Presence (Prince [St.] Michael - Enoch 50:3; Daniel 10:21).
18:66. Moses said to him: "May I follow thee, on the footing that thou teach me something of the (Higher) Truth which thou hast been taught?"
18:67. (The other) said: "Verily thou wilt not be able to have patience with me!
18:68. And how can thou have patience about things about which thy understanding is not complete?"
18:69. Moses said: "Thou wilt find me, if "I AM" so will, (truly) patient: nor shall I disobey thee in anything."
18:70. The other said: "If then thou wouldst follow me, ask me no questions about anything until I myself speak to thee concerning it."
18:71. So they both proceeded: until, when they were in the boat, he scuttled it. Said Moses: "Hast thou scuttled it in order to drown those in it? Truly a strange thing hast thou done!"
18:72. He answered: "Did I not tell thee that thou canst have no patience with me?"
18:73. Moses said: "Rebuke me not for forgetting, nor grieve me by raising difficulties in my case."
18:74. Then they proceeded: until, when they met a young man, he slew him. Moses said: "Hast thou slain an innocent person who had slain none? Truly a foul (unheard of) thing hast thou done!"
18:75. He answered: "Did I not tell thee that thou canst have no patience with me?"
18:76. (Moses) said: "If ever I ask thee about anything after this, keep me not in thy company: then wouldst thou have received (full) excuse from my side."
18:77. Then they proceeded: until, when they came to the inhabitants of a town, they asked them for food, but they refused them hospitality. They found there a wall on the point of falling down, but he set it up straight. (Moses) said: "If thou hadst wished, surely thou couldst have exacted some payment for it!"
18:78. He answered: "This is the parting between me and thee: now will I tell thee the interpretation of (those things) over which thou wast unable to hold patience.
18:79. As for the boat, it belonged to certain men in dire need: they worked on the water: I only wished to render it unserviceable, for there was a certain king after them, who seized every boat by force.
18:80. As for the youth, his parents were people of Faith, and We feared that he would grieve them by obstinate rebellion and ingratitude (to "I AM" and man).
18:81. So We desired that their Lord would give them, in exchange, (a son) better in purity (of conduct) and closer in affection.
18:82. As for the wall, it belonged to two youths, orphans, in the Town; there was, beneath it, a buried treasure, to which they were entitled: their father had been a righteous man: so thy Lord desired that they should attain their age of full strength and get out their treasure - a mercy (and favour) from thy Lord. I did it not of my own accord. Such is the interpretation of (those things) over which thou wast unable to hold patience."

There is a great film called "The Silent Flute" which portrays the above passage.
Hello A Freeman, You may also like to hear how Surah Kahf is recited in the original Arabic. Every verse is translated into English in the video.

This is an another recitation, that is also beautiful to listen to:

Last edited: