Favorite Quran Verses

DesertRose

Superstar
@neptunejoo Barak Allah feeki sis <3

My mom hinted me about how much she wanted a grandchild days ago. It upset me somehow.

And the next morning, I learnt about the concept of sakinah, mawaddah and rahmah

And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought.

Ar-Rum verse 21

it put me at ease

Every time I feel so lonely, I would read or listen Surah Ṭā Hā, especially verses 20-30

I want someone by my side who strengthens me like Harun AS to Musa AS...

And recently, I have been thinking about The Niche of Lights by Al-Ghazali

Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The example of His light is like a niche within which is a lamp, the lamp is within glass, the glass as if it were a pearly [white] star lit from [the oil of] a blessed olive tree, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil would almost glow even if untouched by fire. Light upon light. Allah guides to His light whom He wills. And Allah presents examples for the people, and Allah is Knowing of all things.

An-Nur verse 35

Every Surah is special for me. Like they are actually alive. Every time I study them, it feels like I am introduced to different characters or beings and yet they are in coherent and cohesive to one another. Such a bless knowing this Book of Allah.

DesertRose

Superstar
The Obedient Slaves of Allah - Powerful Reminder - Surat Al-Furqan (The Criterian)

Blessed is He who has placed in the sky great stars and placed therein a [burning] lamp and luminous moon.
And it is He who has made the night and the day in succession for whoever desires to remember or desires gratitude.
And the servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk upon the earth easily, and when the ignorant address them [harshly], they say [words of] peace,
And those who spend [part of] the night to their Lord prostrating and standing [in prayer]
And those who say, "Our Lord, avert from us the punishment of Hell. Indeed, its punishment is ever adhering;
Indeed, it is evil as a settlement and residence."
And [they are] those who, when they spend, do so not excessively or sparingly but are ever, between that, [justly] moderate
And those who do not invoke with Allah another deity or kill the soul which Allah has forbidden [to be killed], except by right, and do not commit unlawful sexual intercourse. And whoever should do that will meet a penalty.
Multiplied for him is the punishment on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein humiliated -
Except for those who repent, believe and do righteous work. For them Allah will replace their evil deeds with good. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.
And he who repents and does righteousness does indeed turn to Allah with [accepted] repentance.
And [they are] those who do not testify to falsehood, and when they pass near ill speech, they pass by with dignity.
And those who, when reminded of the verses of their Lord, do not fall upon them deaf and blind.
And those who say, "Our Lord, grant us from among our wives and offspring comfort to our eyes and make us an example for the righteous."
Those will be awarded the Chamber for what they patiently endured, and they will be received therein with greetings and [words of] peace.
Abiding eternally therein. Good is the settlement and residence.
Say, "What would my Lord care for you if not for your supplication?" For you [disbelievers] have denied, so your denial is going to be adherent.

25:61-77

DesertRose

Superstar

Is one who worships devoutly during the hour of the night prostrating himself or standing (in adoration),
who takes heed of the Hereafter, and who places his hope in the Mercy of his Lord - (like one who does not)?
Say: "Are those equal, those who know and those who do not know?
It is those who are endued with understanding that receive admonition.
39:9

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
Sura Maryam from 77 to 95

77. Have you seen him who disbelieved in Our Ayât ( this Qur’ân and Muhammad ( saas ) ) and said: « I shall certainly be given wealth and children [ if I will be alive ( again ) ] . »
78. Has he known the Unseen or has he taken a covenant from the Most Gracious ( Allâh ) ?
79. Nay, We shall record what he says, and We shall increase his torment ( in the Hell ) ;
80. And We shall inherit from him ( at his death ) all that he talks of ( i.e. wealth and children which We have bestowed upon him in this world ) , and he shall come to Us alone.
81. And they have taken ( for worship ) âlihah ( gods ) besides Allâh, that they might give them honour, power and glory ( and also protect them from Allâh’s punishment ) .
82. Nay, but they ( the so- called gods ) will deny their worship of them, and become opponents to them ( on the Day of Resurrection ) .
83. See you not that We have sent the Shayâtîn ( devils ) against the disbelievers to push them to do evil.
84. So make no haste against them; We only count out to them a ( limited ) number ( of the days of the life of this world and delay their term so that they may increase in evil and sins ) .
85. The Day We shall gather the Muttaqûn ( the pious - See V.2:2 ) unto the Most Gracious ( Allâh ) , like a delegation ( presented before a king for honour ) .
86. And We shall drive the Mujrimûn ( polytheists, sinners, criminals, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh ) to Hell, in a thirsty state ( like a thirsty herd driven down to water ) .
87. None shall have the power of intercession, but such a one as has received permission ( or promise ) from the Most Gracious ( Allâh ) .
88. And they say: « The Most Gracious ( Allâh ) has begotten a son ( or offspring or children ) [ as the Jews say: ‘Uzair ( Ezra ) is the son of Allâh, and the Christians say that He has begotten a son [ ‘Îsâ ( Jesus ) ( as ) ] , and the pagan Arabs say that He has begotten daughters ( angels and others. ) ] . »
89. Indeed you have brought forth ( said ) a terrible evil thing.
90. Whereby the heavens are almost torn, and the earth is split asunder, and the mountains fall in ruins,
91. That they ascribe a son ( or offspring or children ) to the Most Gracious ( Allâh ) .
92. But it is not suitable for ( the Majesty of ) the Most Gracious ( Allâh ) that He should beget a son ( or offspring or children ) .
93. There is none in the heavens and the earth but comes unto the Most Gracious ( Allâh ) as a slave.
94. Verily He knows each one of them, and has counted them a full counting.
95. And everyone of them will come to Him alone on the Day of Resurrection ( without any helper, or protector or defender ) .

DesertRose

Superstar
Is He [not best] who begins creation and then repeats it and who provides for you from the heaven and earth? Is there a deity with Allah ? Say, "Produce your proof, if you should be truthful."
Say, "None in the heavens and earth knows the unseen except Allah, and they do not perceive when they will be resurrected."
Rather, their knowledge is arrested concerning the Hereafter. Rather, they are in doubt about it. Rather, they are, concerning it, blind.
And those who disbelieve say, "When we have become dust as well as our forefathers, will we indeed be brought out [of the graves]?
We have been promised this, we and our forefathers, before. This is not but legends of the former peoples."
Say, [O Muhammad], "Travel through the land and observe how was the end of the criminals."
And grieve not over them or be in distress from what they conspire.
And they say, "When is [the fulfillment of] this promise, if you should be truthful?"
Say, "Perhaps it is close behind you - some of that for which you are impatient.
And indeed, your Lord is full of bounty for the people, but most of them do not show gratitude."
27:64-75

DesertRose

Superstar
To Him belongs what is in the heavens and what is on the earth. And indeed, Allah is the Free of need, the Praiseworthy.
22:64

DesertRose

Superstar
85. And We have not created the heavens and earth and that between them except in truth. And indeed, the Hour is coming; so forgive with gracious forgiveness.
86. Indeed, your Lord – He is the Knowing Creator.
87. And We have certainly given you, [O Muhammad], seven of the often repeated [verses] and the great Qur’an.
88. Do not extend your eyes toward that by which We have given enjoyment to [certain] categories of the disbelievers, and do not grieve over them. And lower your wing to the believers
89. And say, “Indeed, I am the clear warner” –
90. Just as We had revealed [scriptures] to the separators
91. Who have made the Qur’an into portions.
92. So by your Lord, We will surely question them all
93. About what they used to do.
94. Then declare what you are commanded and turn away from the polytheists
95. Indeed, We are sufficient for you against the mockers
96. Who make [equal] with Allah another deity. But they are going to know.
97. And We already know that your breast is constrained by what they say
98. So exalt [ Allah ] with praise of your Lord and be of those who prostrate [to Him]
99. And worship your Lord until there comes to you the certainty (death).
surah Al-Hijr

Last edited:
And hold firmly to the rope of Allah and do not be divided. Remember Allah’s favour upon you when you were enemies, then He united your hearts, so you—by His grace—became brothers. And you were at the brink of a fiery pit and He saved you from it. This is how Allah makes His revelations clear to you, so that you may be ˹rightly˺ guided.
-- The Family of Imran, 103

DesertRose

Superstar
That is only Satan who frightens [you] of his supporters. So fear them not, but fear Me, if you are [indeed] believers.
And do not be grieved, [O Muhammad], by those who hasten into disbelief. Indeed, they will never harm Allah at all. Allah intends that He should give them no share in the Hereafter, and for them is a great punishment.
Indeed, those who purchase disbelief [in exchange] for faith - never will they harm Allah at all, and for them is a painful punishment.
And let not those who disbelieve ever think that [because] We extend their time [of enjoyment] it is better for them. We only extend it for them so that they may increase in sin, and for them is a humiliating punishment.
Allah would not leave the believers in that [state] you are in [presently] until He separates the evil from the good. Nor would Allah reveal to you the unseen. But [instead], Allah chooses of His messengers whom He wills, so believe in Allah and His messengers. And if you believe and fear Him, then for you is a great reward.
And let not those who [greedily] withhold what Allah has given them of His bounty ever think that it is better for them. Rather, it is worse for them. Their necks will be encircled by what they withheld on the Day of Resurrection. And to Allah belongs the heritage of the heavens and the earth. And Allah, with what you do, is [fully] Acquainted.

3:175-180

DesertRose

Superstar
4:69
Sahih International:
And whoever obeys Allah and the Messenger - those will be with the ones upon whom Allah has bestowed favor of the prophets, the steadfast affirmers of truth, the martyrs and the righteous.
And excellent are those as companions.

DesertRose

Superstar
And [recall] when We took the covenant from the Children of Israel, [enjoining upon them], "Do not worship except Allah ; and to parents do good and to relatives, orphans, and the needy. And speak to people good [words] and establish prayer and give zakah." Then you turned away, except a few of you, and you were refusing.
And [recall] when We took your covenant, [saying], "Do not shed each other's blood or evict one another from your homes." Then you acknowledged [this] while you were witnessing.
Then, you are those [same ones who are] killing one another and evicting a party of your people from their homes, cooperating against them in sin and aggression. And if they come to you as captives, you ransom them, although their eviction was forbidden to you. So do you believe in part of the Scripture and disbelieve in part? Then what is the recompense for those who do that among you except disgrace in worldly life; and on the Day of Resurrection they will be sent back to the severest of punishment. And Allah is not unaware of what you do.
Those are the ones who have bought the life of this world [in exchange] for the Hereafter, so the punishment will not be lightened for them, nor will they be aided.
And We did certainly give Moses the Torah and followed up after him with messengers. And We gave Jesus, the son of Mary, clear proofs and supported him with the Pure Spirit. But is it [not] that every time a messenger came to you, [O Children of Israel], with what your souls did not desire, you were arrogant? And a party [of messengers] you denied and another party you killed.
And they said, "Our hearts are wrapped." But, [in fact], Allah has cursed them for their disbelief, so little is it that they believe.
And when there came to them a Book from Allah confirming that which was with them - although before they used to pray for victory against those who disbelieved - but [then] when there came to them that which they recognized, they disbelieved in it; so the curse of Allah will be upon the disbelievers.
How wretched is that for which they sold themselves - that they would disbelieve in what Allah has revealed through [their] outrage that Allah would send down His favor upon whom He wills from among His servants. So they returned having [earned] wrath upon wrath. And for the disbelievers is a humiliating punishment.

2:83-90

DesertRose

Superstar
“And whoever turns away from My remembrance – indeed, he will have a depressed life…” [20:124].
“Verily, in the remembrance of God do hearts find rest” [13:28].

O you who have believed, believe in Allah and His Messenger and the Book that He sent down upon His Messenger and the Scripture which He sent down before. And whoever disbelieves in Allah, His angels, His books, His messengers, and the Last Day has certainly gone far astray. 4:136

DesertRose

Superstar
“Then we caused to inherit the Book those We have chosen of Our servants; and among them is he who wrongs himself, and among them is he who is moderate, and among them is he who is foremost in good deeds by permission of Allah. That [inheritance] is what is the great bounty.” (Qur’an, 35:32)

Those who consume interest cannot stand [on the Day of Resurrection] except as one stands who is being beaten by Satan into insanity. That is because they say, "Trade is [just] like interest." But Allah has permitted trade and has forbidden interest. So whoever has received an admonition from his Lord and desists may have what is past, and his affair rests with Allah . But whoever returns to [dealing in interest or usury] - those are the companions of the Fire; they will abide eternally therein.
2:275

DesertRose

Superstar
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried?
But We have certainly tried those before them, and Allah will surely make evident those who are truthful, and He will surely make evident the liars.
Or do those who do evil deeds think they can outrun Us? Evil is what they judge.
Whoever should hope for the meeting with Allah - indeed, the term decreed by Allah is coming. And He is the Hearing, the Knowing.
And whoever strives only strives for [the benefit of] himself. Indeed, Allah is free from need of the worlds.
And those who believe and do righteous deeds - We will surely remove from them their misdeeds and will surely reward them according to the best of what they used to do.
And We have enjoined upon man goodness to parents. But if they endeavor to make you associate with Me that of which you have no knowledge, do not obey them. To Me is your return, and I will inform you about what you used to do.
And those who believe and do righteous deeds - We will surely admit them among the righteous [into Paradise].
And of the people are some who say, "We believe in Allah," but when one [of them] is harmed for [the cause of] Allah, they consider the trial of the people as [if it were] the punishment of Allah . But if victory comes from your Lord, they say, "Indeed, We were with you." Is not Allah most knowing of what is within the breasts of all creatures?
And Allah will surely make evident those who believe, and He will surely make evident the hypocrites.
And those who disbelieve say to those who believe, "Follow our way, and we will carry your sins." But they will not carry anything of their sins. Indeed, they are liars.
But they will surely carry their [own] burdens and [other] burdens along with their burdens, and they will surely be questioned on the Day of Resurrection about what they used to invent.

Quran 29:2-13

Whoever works righteousness, man or woman, and has Faith,
verily, to him will We give a new Life, a life that is good and pure
and We will bestow on such their reward according to the best of their actions.

16:97