Favorite Quran Verses

Ninja

Rookie
وَعِندَهُۥ مَفَاتِحُ ٱلْغَيْبِ لَا يَعْلَمُهَآ إِلَّا هُوَ ۚ وَيَعْلَمُ مَا فِى ٱلْبَرِّ وَٱلْبَحْرِ ۚ وَمَا تَسْقُطُ مِن وَرَقَةٍ إِلَّا يَعْلَمُهَا وَلَا حَبَّةٍ فِى ظُلُمَٰتِ ٱلْأَرْضِ وَلَا
رَطْبٍ وَلَا يَابِسٍ إِلَّا فِى كِتَٰبٍ مُّبِينٍ​

And with Him are the keys of the unseen; none knows them except Him. And He knows what is on the land and in the sea. Not a leaf falls but that He knows it. And no grain is there within the darknesses of the earth and no moist or dry [thing] but that it is [written] in a clear record.
Quran 6:59

Ninja

Rookie
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا كُونُوا قَوَّامِينَ بِالْقِسْطِ شُهَدَاءَ لِلَّهِ وَلَوْ عَلَىٰ أَنفُسِكُمْ أَوِ الْوَالِدَيْنِ وَالْأَقْرَبِينَ إِن يَكُنْ غَنِيًّا أَوْ فَقِيرًا فَاللَّهُ أَوْلَىٰ بِهِمَا فَلَا تَتَّبِعُوا الْهَوَىٰ أَن تَعْدِلُوا وَإِن تَلْوُوا أَوْ تُعْرِضُوا فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ خَبِيرًا​
zoom

O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm in justice, witnesses for Allah, even if it be against yourselves or parents and relatives. Whether one is rich or poor, Allah is more worthy of both. So follow not [personal] inclination, lest you not be just. And if you distort [your testimony] or refuse [to give it], then indeed Allah is ever, with what you do, Acquainted.

Quran 4:135

لَيسَ البِرَّ أَن تُوَلّوا وُجوهَكُم قِبَلَ المَشرِقِ وَالمَغرِبِ وَلٰكِنَّ البِرَّ مَن آمَنَ بِاللَّهِ وَاليَومِ الآخِرِ وَالمَلائِكَةِ وَالكِتابِ وَالنَّبِيّينَ وَآتَى المالَ عَلىٰ حُبِّهِ ذَوِي القُربىٰ وَاليَتامىٰ وَالمَساكينَ وَابنَ السَّبيلِ وَالسّائِلينَ وَفِي الرِّقابِ وَأَقامَ الصَّلاةَ وَآتَى الزَّكاةَ وَالموفونَ بِعَهدِهِم إِذا عاهَدوا ۖ وَالصّابِرينَ فِي البَأساءِ وَالضَّرّاءِ وَحينَ البَأسِ ۗ أُولٰئِكَ الَّذينَ صَدَقوا ۖ وَأُولٰئِكَ هُمُ المُتَّقونَ​
Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the east or the west, but [true] righteousness is [in] one who believes in Allah, the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the prophets and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help], and for freeing slaves; [and who] establishes prayer and gives zakah; [those who] fulfill their promise when they promise; and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle. Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous.
(Surah al-Baqara, ayat 177)

DesertRose

Superstar
Allah would not leave the believers in that [state] you are in [presently] until He separates the evil from the good. Nor would Allah reveal to you the unseen. But [instead], Allah chooses of His messengers whom He wills, so believe in Allah and His messengers. And if you believe and fear Him, then for you is a great reward.
And let not those who [greedily] withhold what Allah has given them of His bounty ever think that it is better for them. Rather, it is worse for them. Their necks will be encircled by what they withheld on the Day of Resurrection. And to Allah belongs the heritage of the heavens and the earth. And Allah, with what you do, is [fully] Acquainted.
Allah has certainly heard the statement of those [Jews] who said, "Indeed, Allah is poor, while we are rich." We will record what they said and their killing of the prophets without right and will say, "Taste the punishment of the Burning Fire.
That is for what your hands have put forth and because Allah is not ever unjust to [His] servants."
[They are] those who said, "Indeed, Allah has taken our promise not to believe any messenger until he brings us an offering which fire [from heaven] will consume." Say, "There have already come to you messengers before me with clear proofs and [even] that of which you speak. So why did you kill them, if you should be truthful?"
Then if they deny you, [O Muhammad] - so were messengers denied before you, who brought clear proofs and written ordinances and the enlightening Scripture.
Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion.

3;179-185

DesertRose

Superstar
Endure, then, with patience (all that they who deny the truth may say] -always remembering that it is none but God who gives thee the strength to endure adversity -and do not grieve over them, and neither be distressed by the false arguments which they devise:
an-nahl 16:127

DesertRose

Superstar
surah 16
38. And they swear by Allah their strongest oaths, that Allah will not raise up him who dies. Yes, (He will raise them up), a promise (binding) upon Him in truth, but most of mankind know not.

39. In order that He may make manifest to them the truth of that wherein they differ, and that those who disbelieved (in Resurrection, and in the Oneness of Allah) may know that they were liars.

40. Verily! Our Word unto a thing when We intend it, is only that We say unto it: “Be!” and it is.

41. And as for those who emigrated for the Cause of Allah, after suffering oppression, We will certainly give them goodly residence in this world, but indeed the reward of the Hereafter will be greater, if they but knew!

42. (They are) those who remained patient (in this world for Allah’s sake), and put their trust in their Lord (Allah Alone).

43. And We sent not (as Our Messengers) before you (O Muhammad
) any but men, whom We inspired, (to preach and invite mankind to believe in the Oneness of Allah). So ask of those who know the Scripture [learned men of the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)], if you know not.

44. With clear signs and Books (We sent the Messengers). And We have also sent down unto you (O Muhammad
) the reminder and the advice (the Qur’an), that you may explain clearly to men what is sent down to them, and that they may give thought.

45. Do then those who devise evil plots feel secure that Allah will not sink them into the earth, or that the torment will not seize them from directions they perceive not?

46. Or that He may catch them in the midst of their going to and fro (in their jobs), so that there be no escape for them (from Allah’s Punishment)?

47. Or that He may catch them with gradual wasting (of their wealth and health). Truly! Your Lord is indeed full of Kindness, Most Merciful?

DesertRose

Superstar
“And your Lord has decreed that you not worship except Him, and to parents, good treatment. Wheter one or both of them reach old age (while) with you, say not to them (so much as), “uff”, and do not repel them but speak to them a noble world.” (QS. Al-Isra : 23)

“And lower to them the wing of humility out of mercy and say, “My Lord, have mercy upon them as they brought me up (when i was) small.” (QS. Al-Isra : 24)
Worship Allah and associate nothing with Him, and to parents do good, and to relatives, orphans, the needy, the near neighbor, the neighbor farther away, the companion at your side, the traveler, and those whom your right hands possess. Indeed, Allah does not like those who are self-deluding and boastful.” (QS. An-Nisa : 36)

DesertRose

Superstar
And enjoin prayer upon your family [and people] and be steadfast therein. We ask you not for provision; We provide for you, and the [best] outcome is for [those of] righteousness.
20:132
And when you have completed the prayer, remember Allah standing, sitting, or [lying] on your sides. But when you become secure, re-establish [regular] prayer. Indeed, prayer has been decreed upon the believers a decree of specified times.
4:103
Establish prayer at the decline of the sun [from its meridian] until the darkness of the night and [also] the Qur'an of dawn. Indeed, the recitation of dawn is ever witnessed.

17:78

DesertRose

Superstar

They have taken their scholars and monks as lords besides Allah, and [also] the Messiah, the son of Mary. And they were not commanded except to worship one God; there is no deity except Him. Exalted is He above whatever they associate with Him.
They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah refuses except to perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it.
It is He who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth to manifest it over all religion, although they who associate others with Allah dislike it.
O you who have believed, indeed many of the scholars and the monks devour the wealth of people unjustly and avert [them] from the way of Allah . And those who hoard gold and silver and spend it not in the way of Allah - give them tidings of a painful punishment.
The Day when it will be heated in the fire of Hell and seared therewith will be their foreheads, their flanks, and their backs, [it will be said], "This is what you hoarded for yourselves, so taste what you used to hoard."
9:31-35

DesertRose

Superstar
Our Lord! You have not created (all) this without purpose, glory to You! (Exalted be You above all that they associate with You as partners). Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire. *Our Lord! Verily, whom You admit to the Fire, indeed, You have disgraced him, and never will the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrong-doers) find any helpers. *Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one (Muhammad p.b.u.h.) calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed. *Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and remit from us our evil deeds, and make us die in the state of righteousness along with Al-Abraar (those who are obedient to Allah and follow strictly His Orders). *Our Lord! Grant us what You promised unto us through Your Messengers and disgrace us not on the Day of Resurrection, for You never break (Your) Promise.
Surah Al-Imran 191-194

DesertRose

Superstar
1: Surely We sent Noah to his people (as a Messenger to): “Warn your people before a painful torment comes to them”.
2: (Noah) said: “O my people! Surely I am an obvious Warner to you”.
3: (That) you should become servants to Allah and have piety towards Him. And obey (depend on) me.
4: (So that Allah) may forgive you of your sins (change your evil deeds into merits) and respite you to an appointed term. Surely when the term of Allah comes, it cannot be postponed; did you but know!
5: (Noah) said (to his Lord): “My Lord! Surely I invited my people (to have their spirit return to you) night and day”!
6: But my invitation has not increased anything with them but fleeing (getting farther) more (from me).
7: And whenever I have invited them that You might forgive them, they thrust their fingers in their ears (in order not to hear me), covered themselves up with their garments (in order not to see me), and persisted (in their refusal) and magnified themselves with pride.
8: Then surely I invited them aloud (evidently).
9: Then surely I spoke to them in public and I spoke to them in secret (in private one at a time).
10: Then I said: “Say you are asking forgiveness from your Lord, surely He is Oft-Forgiving”.
11: He shall send upon you the sky with abundance of rain.
12: And help you with wealth and sons, and make for you heavens (fruitful gardens), and make rivers run for you.
13: (Noah said to his people): “Why do you not hope for dignity (greatness, power, excellence) from Allah”?
14: And indeed He has created you in different phases.
15: Do you not see how Allah has created seven layers of skies one above another?
16: And made the moon therein a Nûr (glorious light) and made the sun a lamp.
17: And Allah has made you grow out of the earth like a plant.
18: Then He will make you return there (earth), then He will bring you forth (from there).
19: And Allah has made for you the earth a wide abode.
20: He made therein wide ways that you may travel.
21: (Noah) said: “My Lord, surely they have rebelled against me (disobeyed me) and followed those whose wealth and children have added to them but loss”
22: And they have plotted mighty plots.
23: And they have said (to each other): “By no means leave your own deities (idols), nor leave Wadd, nor Suwâ, nor Yaghûth, nor Ya’ûg nor Nasr”.
24: And (thus) they have left many in Misguidance. And (Noah said): “Do not increase the wrongdoers in anything but Misguidance”.
25: Because of their faults (great sins) they drowned, then made to enter Fire. So they did not find any helper besides Allah.
26: And Noah said: “My Lord, do not leave upon the earth any single individual from among the disbelievers”.
27: Surely if You leave them (on the earth) they will cause your servants to fall into Misguidance and they will not beget none but wicked disbelievers (children).
28: My Lord! Forgive me and my parents and those who enter my house as a believer and the believing men and the believing women. Do not increase the wrong-doers in anything but destruction!
71:1-28

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
O you who have believed, fear Allah and speak words of appropriate justice.
33:70

That is so. And whoever honors the rituals of Allah, it is best for them in the sight of their Lord. The ˹meat of˺ cattle has been made lawful for you, except what has ˹already˺ been recited to you. So shun the impurity of idolatry, and shun words of falsehood.
22:30

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar

Our Lord! You have not created (all) this without purpose, glory to You! (Exalted be You above all that they associate with You as partners). Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire. *Our Lord! Verily, whom You admit to the Fire, indeed, You have disgraced him, and never will the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrong-doers) find any helpers. *Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one (Muhammad p.b.u.h.) calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed. *Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and remit from us our evil deeds, and make us die in the state of righteousness along with Al-Abraar (those who are obedient to Allah and follow strictly His Orders). *Our Lord! Grant us what You promised unto us through Your Messengers and disgrace us not on the Day of Resurrection, for You never break (Your) Promise.

Surah Al-Imran 191-194

And when they entered upon Joseph, he took his parents to himself and said, "Enter Egypt, Allah willing, safe [and secure]."
And he raised his parents upon the throne, and they bowed to him in prostration. And he said, "O my father, this is the explanation of my vision of before. My Lord has made it reality. And He was certainly good to me when He took me out of prison and brought you [here] from bedouin life after Satan had induced [estrangement] between me and my brothers. Indeed, my Lord is Subtle in what He wills. Indeed, it is He who is the Knowing, the Wise.
My Lord, You have given me [something] of sovereignty and taught me of the interpretation of dreams. Creator of the heavens and earth, You are my protector in this world and in the Hereafter. Cause me to die a Muslim and join me with the righteous."

Surah Yusuf (Joseph), 99--101

DesertRose

Superstar
40: 44-52
And you will remember what I [now] say to you, and I entrust my affair to Allah . Indeed, Allah is Seeing of [His] servants."
So Allah protected him from the evils they plotted, and the people of Pharaoh were enveloped by the worst of punishment -
The Fire, they are exposed to it morning and evening. And the Day the Hour appears [it will be said], "Make the people of Pharaoh enter the severest punishment."
And [mention] when they will argue within the Fire, and the weak will say to those who had been arrogant, "Indeed, we were [only] your followers, so will you relieve us of a share of the Fire?"
Those who had been arrogant will say, "Indeed, all [of us] are in it. Indeed, Allah has judged between the servants."
And those in the Fire will say to the keepers of Hell, "Supplicate your Lord to lighten for us a day from the punishment."
They will say, "Did there not come to you your messengers with clear proofs?" They will say, "Yes." They will reply, "Then supplicate [yourselves], but the supplication of the disbelievers is not except in error."
Indeed, We will support Our messengers and those who believe during the life of this world and on the Day when the witnesses will stand -
The Day their excuse will not benefit the wrongdoers, and they will have the curse, and they will have the worst home.

neptunejoo

Established
My mom hinted me about how much she wanted a grandchild days ago. It upset me somehow.

And the next morning, I learnt about the concept of sakinah, mawaddah and rahmah

And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought.

Ar-Rum verse 21

it put me at ease

Every time I feel so lonely, I would read or listen Surah Ṭā Hā, especially verses 20-30

I want someone by my side who strengthens me like Harun AS to Musa AS...

And recently, I have been thinking about The Niche of Lights by Al-Ghazali

Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The example of His light is like a niche within which is a lamp, the lamp is within glass, the glass as if it were a pearly [white] star lit from [the oil of] a blessed olive tree, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil would almost glow even if untouched by fire. Light upon light. Allah guides to His light whom He wills. And Allah presents examples for the people, and Allah is Knowing of all things.

An-Nur verse 35

Every Surah is special for me. Like they are actually alive. Every time I study them, it feels like I am introduced to different characters or beings and yet they are in coherent and cohesive to one another. Such a bless knowing this Book of Allah.