Favorite Quran Verses

DesertRose

Superstar

This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah -
Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them,
And who believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith].
Those are upon
guidance from their Lord, and it is those who are the successful.
Quran 2:2-5

DesertRose

Superstar
Their messengers said to them: We are only men like you, but Allah confers favor upon whom He wills of His servants. It has never been for us to bring you evidence except by permission of Allah, and upon Allah let the believers rely. Why should we not rely upon Allah while He has guided us to our ways? We will surely be patient against whatever harm you cause us, and let them depend upon Allah those who would rely.
Surat Ibrahim 14:11-12

DesertRose

Superstar
“And dispute ye not with the People of the Book, except with means better (than mere disputation), unless it be with those of them who inflict wrong (and injury): but say, “We believe in the revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you; Our Allah and your Allah is one; and it is to Him we bow (in Islam).” (29:46)

DesertRose

Superstar
In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
And the servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk upon the earth easily, and when the ignorant address them [harshly], they say [words of] peace,
And those who spend [part of] the night to their Lord prostrating and standing [in prayer]
And those who say, "Our Lord, avert from us the punishment of Hell. Indeed, its punishment is ever adhering;
Indeed, it is evil as a settlement and residence."
And [they are] those who, when they spend, do so not excessively or sparingly but are ever, between that, [justly] moderate
And those who do not invoke with Allah another deity or kill the soul which Allah has forbidden [to be killed], except by right, and do not commit unlawful sexual intercourse. And whoever should do that will meet a penalty.
Multiplied for him is the punishment on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein humiliated -
Except for those who repent, believe and do righteous work. For them Allah will replace their evil deeds with good. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.
And he who repents and does righteousness does indeed turn to Allah with [accepted] repentance.
And [they are] those who do not testify to falsehood, and when they pass near ill speech, they pass by with dignity.
And those who say, "Our Lord, grant us from among our wives and offspring comfort to our eyes and make us an example for the righteous."
Those will be awarded the Chamber for what they patiently endured, and they will be received therein with greetings and [words of] peace.
Abiding eternally therein. Good is the settlement and residence.
Say, "What would my Lord care for you if not for your supplication?" For you [disbelievers] have denied, so your denial is going to be adherent (punishment).

25: 63-77

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
And no sign comes to them from the signs of their Lord except that they are from it turning away.
And when it is said to them, "Spend from that which Allah has provided for you," those who disbelieve say to those who believe, "Should we feed one whom, if Allah had willed, He would have fed? You are not but in clear error."
And they say, "When is this promise, if you should be truthful?"
They do not await except one blast which will seize them while they are disputing.
And they will not be able [to give] any instruction, nor to their people can they return.
And the Horn will be blown; and at once from the graves to their Lord they will hasten.
They will say, "O woe to us! Who has raised us up from our sleeping place?" [The reply will be], "This is what the Most Merciful had promised, and the messengers told the truth."
It will not be but one blast, and at once they are all brought present before Us.
So today no soul will be wronged at all, and you will not be recompensed except for what you used to do.
Quran: 36: 46-54

DesertRose

Superstar
“When My servants ask you concerning Me, I am
indeed close (to them). I listen to the prayer of
every suppliant when he calls on Me. Let them
also, with a will, listen to My call, and believe
in Me, so that they may walk in the right way.”
(al-Quran 2:186)

DesertRose

Superstar
Jazakillahu Khairun Ukhtee. I ♡ your avatar btw, wasalamu `alaikum ♡
Wa alaykumussalam wa RahmatulLah wa Barakatu sis! Barak Allah feeki! I hope that you know that I am so heartened to know you are around sis. Yourself and all my brothers and sisters. I ask Allah to make us all companions in His jannah insha Allah! Ameen! Much Love for His Sake, Ukhtee! <3

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
But the God of you all is the Allah: there is no god but He: all things He comprehends in His knowledge. (98)
Thus do We relate to thee some stories of what happened before: for We have sent thee a Message from Our own Presence. (99)
If any do turn away therefrom, verily they will bear a burden on the Day of Judgement; (100)
They will abide in this (state): and grievous will the burden be to them on that Day― (101)
The Day when the Trumpet will be sounded: that Day, We shall gather the sinful,― blear-eyed (with terror) (102)
In whispers will they consult each other: "Ye tarried not longer than ten (Days)"; (103)
We know best what they will say, when their leader most eminent in Conduct will say: "Ye tarried not longer than a day!" (104)
They ask thee concerning the Mountains: say "My Lord will uproot them and scatter them as dust;" (105)
"He will leave them as plains smooth and level;" (106) Nothing crooked or curved wilt thou see in their place." (107)
On that Day will they follow the Caller (straight): no crookedness (can they show) him: all sounds shall humble themselves in the presence of (Allah) Most Gracious: nothing shalt thou hear but the tramp of their feet (as they march). (108)
On that Day shall no intercession avail except for those for whom permission has been granted by (Allah) Most Gracious and whose word is acceptable to Him. (109) He knows what (appears to His creatures as) before or after or behind them: but they shall not compass it with their knowledge. (110)
(All) faces shall be humbled before (Him)― the Living, the Self-Subsisting, Eternal: hopeless indeed will be the man that carries iniquity (on his back). (111)
But he who works deeds of righteousness, and has faith, will have no fear of harm nor of any curtailment (of what is his due). (112) Thus have we sent this down― Arabic Qur'an and explained therein in detail some of the warnings, in order that they may fear Allah, or that it may cause their remembrance (of Him). (113)
High above all is Allah, the King, the Truth! Be not in haste with the Qur'an before its revelation to thee is completed, but say "O my Lord! increase me in knowledge." (114)
20: 98-114

DesertRose

Superstar
We had already beforehand, taken the covenant of Adam, but he forgot: and We found on his part no firm resolve. (115) When We said to the angels, "Prostrate yourselves to Adam" they prostrated themselves, but not Iblis: he refused. (116) Then We said: "O Adam! verily, this is an enemy to thee and thy wife: so let him not get you both out of the Garden so that thou art landed in misery. (117) "There is therein (enough provision) for thee not to go hungry nor to go naked" (118)
"Nor to suffer from thirst nor from the sun's heat." (119) But Satan whispered evil to him: he said "O Adam! shall I lead thee to Tree of Eternity and to a kingdom that never decays?" (120)
In the result, they both ate of the tree, and so their nakedness appeared to them: they began to sew together, for their covering, leaves from the Garden: thus did Adam disobey his Lord, and allow himself to be seduced. (121)
But his Lord chose him (for His Grace): He turned to him, and gave him guidance. (122) He said: "Get ye down both of you― all together from the Garden, with enmity one to another; but if, as is sure there comes to you guidance from Me, whosoever follows My guidance, will not lose his way nor fall into misery. (123) "But whosoever turns away from My Message, verily for him is a life narrowed down, and We shall raise him up blind on the Day of Judgment." (124)
He will say: "O my Lord! why hast thou, raised me up blind, while I had sight (before)?" (125) (Allah) will say: "Thus didst thou, when Our Signs came unto thee, disregard them: so wilt thou, this day be disregarded. (126)
And thus do We recompense him who transgresses beyond bounds and believes not in the Signs of his Lord: and the Penalty of the Hereafter is far more grievous and more enduring. (127)
20:115-127

DesertRose

Superstar
It is not a warning to such men (to call to mind) how many generations before them We destroyed, in whose haunts they (now) move? Verily, in this are Signs for men endued with understanding. (128) Had it not been for a Word that went forth before from thy Lord, (their punishment) must necessarily have come; but there is a term appointed (for respite). (129)
Therefore be patient with what they say and celebrate (constantly) the praises of thy Lord before the rising of the sun, and before its setting; yea, celebrate them for part of the hours of the night, and at the sides of the day: that thou may have (spiritual) joy. (130)
Nor strain thine eyes in longing for the things We have given for enjoyment to parties of them the splendor of the life of this world, through which We test them: but the provision of thy Lord is better and more enduring. (131)
Enjoin prayer on thy people, and be constant therein. We ask thee not to provide sustenance: We provide it for thee.
But the (fruit of) the Hereafter is for Righteousness. (132) They say: "Why does he not bring us a Sign from His Lord?"
Has not a clear Sign come to them of all that was in the former Books of revelation? (133) And if We had inflicted on them a Penalty before this, they would have said: "Our Lord! if only Thou hadst sent us an messenger, we should certainly have followed thy Signs before we were humbled and put to shame." (134)
Say: "Each one (of us) is waiting: wait ye, therefore, and soon shall ye know who it is that is on the straight and even way, and who it is that has received guidance." (135)
20:128-135

DesertRose

Superstar
(22:1) O mankind, fear the (wrath of) your Lord! Indeed, the earthquake of the Hour (of Judgement) will be an awesome thing.
(22:2) On the Day when you witness it, the suckling woman shall utterly neglect the infant she suckles, and every pregnant woman shall cast her burden, and you will see people as though they are drunk, when they are not drunk; but dreadful shall be Allah's chastisement.
(22:3) Among people there are some who wrangle about Allah without knowledge and follow every rebellious devil.
(22:4) although it is decreed about him that he shall lead into error whosoever takes him for a friend, and will direct him to the torment of the Fire.
(22:5) O mankind! If you have any doubt concerning Resurrection, then know that it is surely We Who created you from dust, then from a drop of sperm, then from a clot of blood, then from a little lump of flesh, some of it shapely and other shapeless.(We are rehearsing this) that We may make the reality clear to you. We cause (the drop of sperm) that We please to remain in the wombs till an appointed time. We bring you forth as infants (and nurture you) that you may come of age. Among you is he that dies (at a young age) and he who is kept back to the most abject age so that after once having known, he reaches a stage when he knows nothing. You see the earth dry and barren and then no sooner than We send down water upon it, it begins to quiver and swell and brings forth every kind of beauteous vegetation.
(22:6) All this is because Allah, He is the Truth, and because He resurrects the dead, and because He has power over everything, (22:7) (all of which shows that) the Hour shall surely come to pass - in this there is no doubt - and Allah shall surely resurrect those that are in graves.
(22:8) And among people are those that wrangle about Allah without knowledge, without any true guidance. and without any scripture to enlighten them
(22:9) They wrangle arrogantly, intent on leading people astray from the Way of Allah. Such shall suffer disgrace in this world and We shall cause them to taste the chastisement of burning (in the Next).
(22:10) That is the outcome of what your own hands have wrought, for Allah never wrongs His creatures.

DesertRose

Superstar

7:27 O children of Adam! Do not allow Satan to seduce you in the same way as he caused your ancestors to be driven out of the garden: he deprived them of their garment [of God-consciousness] in order to make them aware of their nakedness. Verily, he and his tribe are lying in wait for you where you cannot perceive them!' Verily, We have placed [all manner of] satanic forces near unto those who do not [truly] believe;'
7:28 and [so,] whenever they commit a shameful deed, they are wont to say, "We found our forefathers doing it," and, "God has enjoined it upon us." Say: "Behold, never does God enjoin deeds of abomination. Would you attribute unto God something of which you have no knowledge?"
7:29 Say: "My Sustainer has [but] enjoined the doing of what is right; and [He desires you to] put your whole being into every act of worship," and to call unto Him, sincere in your faith in Him alone. As it was He who brought you into being in the first instance, so also [unto Him] you will return:
7:30 some [of you] He will have graced with His guidance, whereas, for some a straying from the right path will have become unavoidable:" for, behold, they will have taken [their own] evil impulses for their masters in preference to God, thinking all the while that they have found the right path!"
7:31 O CHILDREN of Adam! Beautify yourselves' for every act of worship, and eat and drink [freely], but do not waste: verily, He does not love the wasteful!
7:32 Say: "Who is there to forbid the beauty which God has brought forth for His creatures, and the good things from among the means of sustenance?" Say: "They are [lawful] in the life of this world unto all who have attained to faith - to be theirs alone on Resurrection Day."
7:33 Say: "Verily, my Sustainer has forbidden only shameful deeds, be they open or secret, and [every kind of] sinning, and unjustified envy, and the ascribing of divinity to aught beside Him - since He has never bestowed any warrant therefor from on high and the attributing unto God of aught of which you have no knowledge."
7:34 And for all people a term has been set:" and when [the end of] their term approaches, they can neither delay it by a single moment, nor can they hasten it.

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
7:35 O CHILDREN of Adam! Whenever there come unto you apostles of your own, conveying My messages unto you, then all who are conscious of Me and live righteously - no fear need they have, and neither shall they grieve;
7:36 but they who give the lie to Our messages and scorn them in their pride-these are destined for the fire, therein to abide.
7:37 And who could be more wicked than they who attribute their own lying inventions to God or give the lie to His messages? Whatever has been decreed to be their lot [in life] will be theirs till there shall come unto them Our messengers to cause them to die, [and] shall say, "Where, now, are those beings whom you were wont to invoke beside God?" And [those sinners] will reply, "They have forsaken us!" -and [thus] they will bear witness against themselves that they had been denying the truth.
7:38 [And God] will say: "Join those hosts of invisible beings and humans who have gone before you into the fire!" [And] every time a host enters [the fire], it will curse its fellow-host -so much so that, when they all shall have passed into it, one after another, the last of them will speak [thus] of the first of them:' "O our Sustainer! It is they who have led us astray:. give, them, therefore, double suffering through fire!" He, will reply: "Every one of you deserves double suffering'-but you know it not."
7:39 And the first of them will say unto the last of them: "So you were in no wise superior to us!" Taste, then, this suffering for all [the evil] that you were wont to do!"
7:40 VERILY, unto those who give the lie to Our messages and scorn them in their pride, the gates of heaven shall not be opened;" and they shall not enter paradise any more than a twisted rope can pass through a needle's eye: for thus do We requite such as are lost in sin.
7:41 Hell will be their resting-place and their covering as well:" for thus do We requite the evildoers.
7:42 But those who attain to faith and do righteous deeds - [and] We do not burden any human being with more than he is well able to bear - they are destined for paradise, therein to abide,
7:43 after We shall have removed whatever unworthy thoughts or feelings may have been [lingering] in their bosoms. Running waters will flow at their feet;' and they will say: "All praise is due to God, who has guided us unto this; for we would certainly not have found the right path unless God had guided us! Indeed, our Sustainer's apostles have told us the truth!" And [a voice] will call out unto them: "This is the paradise which you have inherited by virtue of your past deeds!"

DesertRose

Superstar
7:44 And the inmates of paradise will call out to the inmates of the fire: "Now we have found that what our Sustainer promised us has come true; have you. too, found that what your Sustainer promised you has come true?" [The others] will answer, "Yes!"-whereupon from their midst a voice" will loudly proclaim: "God's rejection is the due of the evildoers
7:45 who turn others away from God's path and try to make it appear crooked, and who refuse to acknowledge the truth of the life to come!"
7:46 And between the two there will be a barrier.' And there will be persons who [in life] were endowed with the faculty of discernment [between right and wrong], recognizing each by its mark." And they will call out unto the inmates of paradise, "Peace be upon you!"-not having entered it themselves, but longing [for it].
7:47 And whenever their eyes are turned towards the inmates of the fire, they will cry: "O our Sustainer! Place us not among the people who have been guilty of evildoing!"
7:48 And they who [in life] had possessed this faculty of discernment will call out to those whom they recognize by their marks [as sinners], saying: "What has your amassing [of wealth] availed you, and all the false pride of your past?
7:49 Are those [blessed ones] the self-same people of whom you once solemnly declared, "Never will God bestow His grace upon them" [For now they have been told,] "Enter paradise; no fear need you have, and neither shall you grieve!"
7:50 And the inmates of the fire will call out unto the inmates of paradise: "Pour some water upon us, or some of the sustenance [of paradise] which God has provided for you!" [The inmates of paradise] will reply: "Verily, God has denied both to those who have denied the truth -
7:51 those who, beguiled by the life of this world, have made play and passing delights their religion!" [And God will say:] "And so We shall be oblivious of them today as they were oblivious of the coming of this their Day [of Judgment], and as Our messages they did deny:
7:52 for, indeed, We did convey unto them a divine writ which We clearly, and wisely," spelled out - a guidance and a grace unto people who will believe."
7:53 Are [the unbelievers] but waiting for the final meaning of that [Day of Judgment] to unfold? [But] on the Day when its final meaning is unfolded, those who aforetime had been oblivious thereof will say: "Our Sustainer's apostles have indeed told us the truth! Have we, then, any intercessors who could intercede in our behalf? Or could we be brought back [to life] so that we might act otherwise than we were wont to act? Indeed, they will have squandered their own selves, and all their false imagery will have forsaken them.
7:54 VERILY, your Sustainer is God, who has created the heavens and the earth in six aeons, and is established on the throne of His almightiness.
7:55 Call unto your Sustainer humbly, and in the secrecy of your hearts. Verily, He loves not those who transgress the bounds of what is right:
7:56 hence, do not spread corruption on earth after it has been so well ordered. And call unto Him with fear and longing: verily, God's grace is ever near unto the doers of good!

DesertRose

Superstar

7:187 They ask you, [O Muhammad], about the Hour: when is its arrival? Say, "Its knowledge is only with my Lord. None will reveal its time except Him. It lays heavily upon the heavens and the earth. It will not come upon you except unexpectedly." They ask you as if you are familiar with it. Say, "Its knowledge is only with Allah , but most of the people do not know."
7:188 Say, "I hold not for myself [the power of] benefit or harm, except what Allah has willed. And if I knew the unseen, I could have acquired much wealth, and no harm would have touched me. I am not except a warner and a bringer of good tidings to a people who believe."
7:189 It is He who created you from one soul and created from it its mate that he might dwell in security with her. And when he covers her, she carries a light burden and continues therein. And when it becomes heavy, they both invoke Allah , their Lord, "If You should give us a good [child], we will surely be among the grateful."
7:190 But when He gives them a good [child], they ascribe partners to Him concerning that which He has given them. Exalted is Allah above what they associate with Him.
7:191 Do they associate with Him those who create nothing and they are [themselves] created?
7:192 And the false deities are unable to [give] them help, nor can they help themselves.
7:193 And if you [believers] invite them to guidance, they will not follow you. It is all the same for you whether you invite them or you are silent.

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
7:194 Those whom you invoke other than Allah are creatures like you. So invoke them. and see if they answer your call, if what you claim is true.
7:195 Have they feet on which they can walk? Have they hands with which they can grasp? Have they eyes with which they can see? Have they ears with which they can hear? Say [O Muhammad]: 'Invoke all those to whom you ascribe a share in Allah's divinity, then scheme against me and grant me no respite.
7:196 My guardian is Allah Who has revealed the Book, and it is He Who protects the righteous
7:197 And those whom you invoke other than Allah, they can neither help themselves nor you.
7:198 And if you were to call them to true guidance, they will not hear; and you observe them looking at you whereas they have no power to see.'
7:199 [O Prophet!] Show forgiveness, enjoin equity, and avoid the ignorant.
7:200 And if it happens that a prompting from Satan should stir you up, seek refuge with Allah. He is All-Hearing, All-Knowing.
7:201 If the God-fearing are instigated by any suggestion of Satan, they instantly become alert, whereafter they clearly perceive the right way.
7:202 As for their brethren [the Satans], they draw them deeper into error and do not relax in their efforts.
7:203 [O Prophet!] When you do not produce before them any miracle, they say: 'Why do you not choose for yourself a miracle?' Say to them: 'I follow only what is revealed to me by my Lord. This is nothing but a means of insight into the truth, and guidance and mercy from your Lord to the people who believe.
7:204 So when the Qur'an is recited, listen carefully to it, and keep silent so that you may, be shown mercy.
7:205 And remember [O Prophet] your Lord in your mind, with humility and fear, and without raising your voice; remember Him in the morning and evening, and do not become of those who are negligent.
7:206 [The angels] who are near to Your Lord, never turn away from His service out of arrogance; they rather glorify Him and prostrate themselves before Him.

DesertRose

Superstar
12:4 LO!' Thus spoke Joseph unto his father: "O my father! Behold, I saw [in a dream] eleven stars, as well as the sun and the moon: I saw them prostrate themselves before me!"
12:5 [Jacob] replied: "O my dear son! Do not relate thy dream to thy brothers lest [out of envy] they devise an evil scheme against thee; verily, Satan is man's open foe!
12:6 For, [as thou hast been shown in thy dream,] even thus will thy Sustainer elect thee, and will impart unto thee some understanding of the inner meaning of happenings,'
12:7 Indeed, in [the story of] Joseph and his brothers there are messages for all who search [after truth]."
12:8 NOW [Joseph's brothers] spoke [thus to one another:] "Truly, Joseph and his brother [Benjamin] are dearer to our father than we, even though we are so many. ' Behold, our father is surely suffering from an aberration!"
12:9 [Said one of them:] "Slay Joseph, or else drive him away to some [faraway] land, so that your father's regard may be for you alone: and after this is done, you will be [free to repent and to live once again as] righteous people!"
12:10 Another of them said: "Do not slay Joseph, but -rather - if you must do something - cast him into the dark depths of this well, [whence] some caravan may pick him up."
12:11 [On this they agreed; and thereupon] they spoke [thus to their father]: "O our father! Wherefore wilt thou not trust us with Joseph, seeing that we are indeed his well-wishers?
12:12 Let him go out with us tomorrow, that he may enjoy himself and play: and, verily, we shall guard him well!"
12:13 [Jacob] answered: "Behold, it grieves me indeed [to think] that you might take him with you, for I dread lest the wolf devour him at a moment when you are heedless of him!"
12:14 Said they: "Surely, if the wolf were to devour him notwithstanding that we are so many-then, behold, we ought ourselves to perish!"
12:15 And so, when they went away with him, they decided to cast him into the dark depths of the well. And We revealed [this] unto him: "Thou wilt yet remind them of this their deed at a time when they shall not perceive [who thou art] !"
12:16 And at nightfall they came to their father, weeping,
12:17 [and] said: "O our father! Behold, we went off racing with one another, and left Joseph behind with our things; and thereupon the wolf devoured him! But [we know that] thou wouldst not believe us even though we speak the truth" -
12:18 and they produced his tunic with false blood upon it. [But Jacob] exclaimed: "Nay, but it is your [own] minds that have made [so terrible] a happening seem a matter of little account to you! But [as for myself,] patience in adversity is most goodly [in the sight of God]; and it is to God [alone] that I pray to give me strength to bear the misfortune which you have described to me."
12:19 AND THERE CAME a caravan; and they sent forth their drawer of water, and he let down his bucket into the well - [and when he saw Joseph] he exclaimed: "Oh, what a lucky find, this boy!" And they hid him with a view to selling him: but God had full knowledge of all that they were doing.
12:20 And they sold him for a paltry price - a mere few silver coins: thus low did they value him.

DesertRose

Superstar
(will resume the verses about Prophet Yusuf/Joseph after this posting)

2:163 AND YOUR GOD is the One God: there is no deity save Him, the Most Gracious, the Dispenser of Grace.
2:164 Verily, in the creation of the heavens and of the earth, and the succession of night and day: and in the ships that speed through the sea with what is useful to man: and in the waters which God sends down from the sky, giving life thereby to the earth after it had, been lifeless, and causing all manner of living creatures to multiply thereon: and in the change of the winds, and the clouds that run their appointed courses between sky and earth: [in all this] there are messages indeed for people who use their reason.
2:165 And yet there are people who choose to believe in beings that allegedly rival God, loving them as [only] God should be loved: whereas those who have attained to faith love God more than all else. If they who are bent on evildoing could but see - as see they will when they are made to suffer [on Resurrection Day] -that all might belongs to God alone, and that God is severe in [meting out] punishment!
2:166 [On that Day] it will come to pass that those who had been [falsely] adored shall disown their followers, and the latter shall see the suffering [that awaits them], with all their hopes cut to pieces!
2:167 And then those followers shall say: "Would that we had a second chance [in life], so that we could disown them as they have disowned us!" Thus will God show them their works [in a manner that will cause them] regrets; but they will not come out of the fire.
2:168 O MANKIND! Partake of what is lawful and good on earth, and follow not Satan's footsteps: for, verily, he is your open foe,
2:169 and bids you only to do evil, and to commit deeds of abomination, and to attribute unto God something of which you have no knowledge.
2:170 But when they are told, "Follow what God has bestowed from on high," some answer, "Nay, we shall follow [only] that which we found our forefathers believing in and doing." Why, even if their forefathers did not use their reason at all, and were devoid of all guidance?
2:171 And so, the parable of those who are bent on denying the truth is that of the beast which hears the shepherd's cry, and hears in it nothing but the sound of a voice and a call. Deaf are they, and dumb, and blind: for they do not use their reason.

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
12:21 And the man from Egypt who bought him said to his wife: "Make his stay [with us] honourable; he may well be of use to us, or we may adopt him as a son. And thus We gave unto Joseph a firm place on earth; and [We did this] so that We might impart unto him some understanding of the inner meaning of happenings. For, God always prevails in whatever be His purpose: but most people know it not.
12:22 And when he reached full manhood, We bestowed upon him the ability to judge [between right and wrong], as well as [innate] knowledge: for thus do We reward the doers of good.
12:23 And [it so happened that] she in whose house he was living [conceived a passion for him and] sought to make him yield himself unto her; and she bolted the doors and said, "Come thou unto me!" [But Joseph] answered: "May God preserve me! Behold, goodly has my master made my stay [in this house]! Verily, to no good end come they that do [such] wrong!"
12:24 And, indeed, she desired him, and he desired her; [and he would have succumbed] had he not seen [in this temptation] an evidence of his Sustainer's truth:' thus [We willed it to be] in order that We might avert from him all evil and all deeds of abomination -for, behold, he was truly one of Our servants.'"
12:25 And they both rushed to the door; and she [grasped and] rent his tunic from behind-and [lo!] they met her lord at the door! Said she: "What ought to be the punishment of one who had evil designs on [the virtue of] thy wife - [what] but imprisonment or a [yet more] grievous chastisement?"
12:26 [Joseph] exclaimed: "It was she who sought to make me yield myself unto her!" Now one of those present, a member of her own household, suggested this: "If his tunic has been torn from the front, then she is telling the truth, and he is a liar;
12:27 but if his tunic has been torn from behind, then she is lying, and he is speaking the truth."
12:28 And when [her husband] saw that his tunic was torn from behind, he said: "Behold, this is [an instance] of your guile, O womankind! Verily, awesome is your guile!
12:29 [But,] Joseph, let this pass! And thou, [O wife,] ask forgiveness for thy sin-for, verily, thou hast been greatly at fault!"
12:30 NOW the women of the city spoke [thus to one another]: "The wife of this nobleman is trying to induce her slave-boy to yield himself unto her! Her love for him has pierced her heart; verily, we see that she is undoubtedly suffering from an aberration!"
12:31 Thereupon, when she heard of their malicious talk, she sent for them, and prepared for them a sumptuous repast, and handed each of them a knife and said [to Joseph]: "Come out and show thyself to them!" And when the women saw him, they were greatly amazed at his beauty,' and [so flustered were they that] they cut their hands [with their knives], exclaiming, "God save us! This is no mortal man! This is nought but a noble angel!"
12:32 Said she: "This, then, is he about whom you have been blaming me! And, indeed, I did try to make him yield himself unto me, but he remained chaste. Now, however, if he does not do what I bid him, he shall most certainly be imprisoned, and shall most certainly find himself among the despised!"
12:33 Said he: "O my Sustainer! Prison is more desirable to me than [compliance with] what these women invite me to: for, unless Thou turn away their guile from me, I might yet yield to their allure and become one of those who are unaware [of right and wrong]."
12:34 And his Sustainer responded to his prayer, and freed him from the threat of their guile : verily, He alone is all-hearing, all-knowing