Favorite Quran Verses

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Surah At-Tawbah (9:107)

ﭠﭡ ﭦﭧ

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
And [there are] those [hypocrites] who took for themselves a mosque for causing harm and disbelief and division among the believers and as a station for whoever had warred against Allah and His Messenger before. And they will surely swear, "We intended only the best." And Allah testifies that indeed they are liars.
9:108
Play Copy
ﭰﭱ ﭼﭽ ﭿ ﮂﮃ

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
Do not stand [for prayer] within it - ever. A mosque founded on righteousness from the first day is more worthy for you to stand in. Within it are men who love to purify themselves; and Allah loves those who purify themselves.
9:109
Play Copy
ﮝﮞ

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
Then is one who laid the foundation of his building on righteousness [with fear] from Allah and [seeking] His approval better or one who laid the foundation of his building on the edge of a bank about to collapse, so it collapsed with him into the fire of Hell? And Allah does not guide the wrongdoing people.

This one means a lot to me. We should be aware, conscious and prepared to stand on our own, even against other so-called Muslims in defense of the truth regarding our faith.......

The parable of those who spend their property in the way of Allah is as the parable of a grain growing seven ears (with) a hundred grains in every ear; and Allah multiplies for whom He pleases; and Allah is Ample-giving, Knowing
(As for) those who spend their property in the way of Allah, then do not follow up what they have spent with reproach or injury, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and they shall have no fear nor shall they grieve.
Kind speech and forgiveness is better than charity followed by injury; and Allah is Self-sufficient, Forbearing.
O you who believe! do not make your charity worthless by reproach and injury, like him who spends his property to be seen of men and does not believe in Allah and the last day; so his parable is as the parable of a smooth rock with earth upon it, then a heavy rain falls upon it, so it leaves it bare; they shall not be able to gain anything of what they have earned; and Allah does not guide the unbelieving people.

And the parable of those who spend their property to seek the pleasure of Allah and for the certainty 'of their souls is as the parable of a garden on an elevated ground, upon which heavy rain falls so it brings forth its fruit twofold but if heavy rain does not fall upon it, then light rain (is sufficient); and Allah sees what you do.
- Surah 2:261-265

DesertRose

Superstar
Sahih International
Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion.
You will surely be tested in your possessions and in yourselves. And you will surely hear from those who were given the Scripture before you and from those who associate others with Allah much abuse. But if you are patient and fear Allah - indeed, that is of the matters [worthy] of determination.
And [mention, O Muhammad], when Allah took a covenant from those who were given the Scripture, [saying], "You must make it clear to the people and not conceal it." But they threw it away behind their backs and exchanged it for a small price. And wretched is that which they purchased.
And never think that those who rejoice in what they have perpetrated and like to be praised for what they did not do - never think them [to be] in safety from the punishment, and for them is a painful punishment.
And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and Allah is over all things competent.
Indeed, in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alternation of the night and the day are signs for those of understanding.
Who remember Allah while standing or sitting or [lying] on their sides and give thought to the creation of the heavens and the earth, [saying], "Our Lord, You did not create this aimlessly; exalted are You [above such a thing]; then protect us from the punishment of the Fire.
3:185-191

1572398971770.png

DesertRose

Superstar
38 and [who knows that] We have indeed created the heavens and the earth and all that is between them in six aeons, and [that] no weariness could ever touch Us.
39 HENCE, [O believer,] bear thou with patience whatever they may say, and extol thy Sustainer's limitless glory and praise before the rising of the sun and before its setting;
40 and in the night, too, extol His glory, and at every prayer's end.
41 And [always] listen for the day when He who issues the call [of death] shall call [thee] from close by;
42 [and bethink thyself, too, of] the Day on which all [human beings] will in truth hear the final blast - that Day of [their] coming-forth [from death].
43 Verily, it is We who grant life and deal death; and with Us will be all journeys' end
44 on the Day when the earth is riven asunder all around them as they hasten forth [towards God's judgment]: that gathering will be easy for Us [to encompass].
45 Fully aware are We of what they [who deny resurrection] do say; and thou canst by no means force them [to believe in it]. Yet none the less, remind, through this Qur'an, all such as may fear My warning.
surah 50 ayas 38-451572601968306.png

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
3:145-146
Muhammad is naught but a messenger. [Other] messengers have passed on before him.
So if he was to die or be killed, would you turn back on your heels [to unbelief]?
And he who turns back on his heels will never harm Allah at all; but Allah will reward the grateful.
And it is not [possible] for one to die except by permission of Allah at a decree determined.
And whoever desires the reward of this world - We will give him thereof; and whoever desires the reward of the Hereafter
- We will give him thereof. And we will reward the grateful.

"And you did not veil yourselves lest your ears and your eyes and your skins should bear witness against you, but you thought that Allah did not know most of what you did.
And that was your (evil) thought which you entertained about your Lord that has tumbled you down into perdition, so are you become of the lost ones.
Then if they will endure, still the fire is their abode, and if they ask for goodwill, then are they not of those who shall be granted goodwill.
And We have appointed for them comrades so they have made fair-seeming to them what is before them and what is behind them, and the word proved true against them-- among the nations of the jinn and the men that have passed away before them-- that they shall surely be losers.
And those who disbelieve say: Do not listen to this Quran and make noise therein, perhaps you may overcome.

Therefore We will most certainly make those who disbelieve taste a severe punishment, and We will most certainly reward them for the evil deeds they used to do."
- Surah 41:22-27

DesertRose

Superstar
"And (remember) when Mûsa (Moses) said to his people:
"O my people! Why do you hurt me while you know certainly that I am the Messenger of Allâh to you?
So when they turned away (from the Path of Allâh), Allâh turned their hearts away (from the Right Path).
And Allâh guides not the people who are Fâsiqûn (rebellious, disobedient to Allâh). And (remember) when 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), said: "O Children of Israel! I am the Messenger of Allâh unto you confirming the Taurât [(Torah) which came] before me, and giving glad tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed.
But when he (Ahmed i.e. Muhammad) came to them with clear proofs, they said: "This is plain magic."
And who does more wrong than the one who invents a lie against Allâh, while he is being invited to Islâm?
And Allâh guides not the people who are Zâlimûn (polytheists, wrong-doers and disbelievers) folk.
They intend to put out the Light of Allâh (i.e. the religion of Islâm, this Qur'ân, and Prophet Muhammad) with their mouths. But Allâh will complete His Light even though the disbelievers hate (it).
He it is Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islâmic Monotheism) to make it victorious over all (other) religions even though the Mushrikûn (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh and in His Messenger Muhammed) hate (it).
O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a commerce that will save you from a painful torment.
That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad), and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know!
(If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwelling in Gardens of 'Adn Eternity ['Adn Edn) Paradise], that is indeed the great success."
[The Noble Qur’ân, Chapter As-Saff (no.61), Verse 5-12]

Hopeful

Star
■•••And to Allah belong the best names, so invoke Him by them.. (Quran 7:180)​
■•••Allah – there is no deity except Him. To Him belong the best names. (Quran 20:8)​
■•••He is Allah, the Creator, the Inventor, the Fashioner; to Him belong the best names. (Quran 59:24)​

allah-names-gif.gif

DesertRose

Superstar
"So also did We show Ibrahim the power and the laws of the heavens and the earth, that he might (with understanding) have certitude. When the night covered him over, He saw a star: He said: "This is my Lord." But when it set, He said: "I love not those that set." When he saw the moon rising in splendor, he said: "This is my Lord." But when the moon set, He said: "Unless my Lord guide me, I shall surely be among those who go astray."When he saw the sun rising in splendor, he said: "This is my Lord; this is the greatest (of all)." But when the sun set, he said: "O my people! I am indeed free from your (guilt) of giving partners to Allah. "For me, I have set my face, firmly and truly, towards Him Who created the heavens and the earth, and never shall I give partners to Allah."" [Surah Al An'am 6:75-79]
His people disputed with him. He said: "(Come) ye to dispute with me, about Allah, when He (Himself) hath guided me? I fear not (the beings) ye associate with Allah: Unless my Lord willeth, (nothing can happen). My Lord comprehendeth in His knowledge all things. Will ye not (yourselves) be admonished? "How should I fear (the beings) ye associate with God, when ye fear not to give partners to God without any warrant having been given to you? Which of (us) two parties hath more right to security? (tell me) if ye know." [Surah Al An'am 6:80-81]

DesertRose

Superstar
"Lo! Ibrahim said to his father Azar: "Takest thou idols for gods? For I see thee and thy people in manifest error."" [Surah Al An'am 6:74]

"Behold, he said to his father: "O my father! why worship that which heareth not and seeth not, and can profit thee nothing? "O my father! to me hath come knowledge which hath not reached thee: so follow me: I will guide thee to a way that is even and straight. "O my father! serve not Satan: for Satan is a rebel against (Allah) Most Gracious. "O my father! I fear lest a Penalty afflict thee from (Allah) Most Gracious, so that thou become to Satan a friend."(The father) replied: "Dost thou hate my gods, O Ibrahim? If thou forbear not, I will indeed stone thee: Now get away from me for a good long while!"Ibrahim said: "Peace be on thee: I will pray to my Lord for thy forgiveness: for He is to me Most Gracious. "And I will turn away from you (all) and from those whom ye invoke besides Allah: I will call on my Lord: perhaps, by my prayer to my Lord, I shall be not unblest."" [Surah Maryam 19:42-48]

DesertRose

Superstar
......continuation of the story of Prophet Abraham (peace be upon him)

"Then did he turn to their aliha (gods) and said, "will ye not eat (of the offerings before you)? "What is the matter with you that ye speak not (intelligently)?" Then did he turn upon them, striking (them) with the right hand." [Surah Al Saffat 37:91-93]
"So he broke them to pieces, (all) but the biggest of them, that they might turn (and address themselves) to it." [Surah Al Anbiya 21:58]

21:59 When they saw what had happened,] they said: “Who has done this to our gods? Verily, one of the worst wrongdoers is he!’’
21:60 Said some [of them]: “We heard a youth speak of these [gods with scorn]: he is called Abraham.’’
21:61 The others] said: “Then bring him before the peoples eyes, so that they might bear witness [against him]!”
21:62 [And when he came.] they asked: “Hast thou done this to our gods, O Abraham?”
21:63 He answered: “Nay, it was this one, the biggest of them, that did it: but ask them [yourselves] - provided they can speak!” -
21:64 And so they turned upon one another, saying, “Behold, it is you who are doing wrong.”
21:65 But then they relapsed into their former way of thinking and said: “Thou knowest very well that these [idols] cannot speak!”
21:66 Said [Abraham]: “Do you then worship, instead of God, something that cannot benefit you in any way, nor harm you?
21:67 Fie upon you and upon all that you worship instead of God! Will you not, then, use your reason?”
21:68 They exclaimed: “Burn him, and [thereby] succour your gods, if you are going to do [anything]!”
21:69 [But] We said: O fire! Be thou cool, and [a source of] inner peace for Abraham!”
21:70 and whereas they sought to do evil unto him, We caused them to suffer the greatest loss:

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
"(The father) replied: "Dost thou hate my gods, O Ibrahim?
If thou forbear not, I will indeed stone thee: Now get away from me for a good long while!"
Ibrahim said: "Peace be on thee: I will pray to my Lord for thy forgiveness: for He is to me Most Gracious.
"And I will turn away from you (all) and from those whom ye invoke besides Allah: I will call on my Lord: perhaps, by my prayer to my Lord, I shall be not unblest."" [Surah Maryam
19:46-48]
And he said (after his rescue from the fire):
"He said: "I will go to my Lord! He will surely guide me! " [Surah Al Saffat 37:99]

DesertRose

Superstar
And how could you deny the truth when it is unto you that God's messages are being conveyed, and it is in your midst that His Apostle lives? But he who holds fast unto God has already been guided onto a straight way. - 3:101
O you who have attained to faith! Be conscious of God with all the consciousness that is due to Him, and do not allow death to overtake you ere you have surrendered yourselves unto Him. - 3:102
And hold fast, all together, unto the bond with God, and do not draw apart from one another. And remember the blessings which God has bestowed upon you: how, when you were enemies, He brought your hearts together, so that through His blessing you became brethren; and [how, when] you were on the brink of a fiery abyss. He saved you from it. In this way God makes clear His messages unto you, so that you might find guidance, - 3:103
and that there might grow out of you a community [of people] who invite unto all that is good, and enjoin the doing of what is right and forbid the doing of what is wrong: and it is they, they who shall attain to a happy state! - 3:104
And be not like those who have drawn apart from one another and have taken to conflicting views after all evidence of the truth has come unto them: for these it is for whom tremendous suffering is in store
on the Day [of Judgment] when some faces will shine [with happiness] and some faces will be dark [with grief]. And as for those with faces darkened, [they shall be told:] "Did you deny the truth after having attained to faith? Taste, then, this suffering for having denied the truth!"
But as for those with faces shining, they shall be within God's grace, therein to abide. - 3:107
These are God's messages: We convey them unto thee, setting forth the truth, since God wills no wrong to His creation.3:108
And unto God belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is on earth; and all things go back to God [as their source]. - 3:109

DesertRose

Superstar
O YOU who have attained to faith! Do not gorge yourselves on usury, doubling and re-doubling it - but remain conscious of God, so that you might attain to a happy state; - 3:130
and beware of the fire which awaits those who deny the truth! - 3:131
And pay heed unto God and the Apostle, so that you might be graced with mercy. - 3:132
And vie with one another to attain to your Sustainer's forgiveness and to a paradise as vast as the heavens and the earth, which has been readied for the God-conscious - 3:133
who spend [in His way] in time of plenty and in time of hardship, and hold in check their anger, and pardon their fellow-men because God loves the doers of good; - 3:134
and who, when they have committed a shameful deed or have [otherwise] sinned against themselves, remember God and pray that their sins be forgiven - for who but God could forgive sins? - and do not knowingly persist in doing whatever [wrong] they may have done. - 3:135
These it is who shall have as their reward forgiveness from their Sustainer, and gardens through which running waters flow, therein to abide: and how excellent a reward for those who labour! - 3:136
[MANY] WAYS of life have passed away before your time. Go, then, about the earth and behold what happened in the end to those who gave the lie to the truth: - 3:137
this [should be] a clear lesson unto all men, and a guidance and an admonition unto the God-conscious. - 3:138

3:199. And there are, certainly, among the People of The Book (Bible), those who believe God, in the revelation to you, and in the revelation to them, bowing in humility to God: they will not sell the Signs of God for a miserable gain! For them is a reward with their Lord, and God is swift in account.
3:200. O ye who believe! Persevere in patience and constancy; strive for superiority in such perseverance; strengthen each other; and fear God; that ye may prosper.

"Blessed is He Who made the constellations in the Universe and made therein a lamp and a shining moon.
And He it is Who made the night and the day to follow each other for him who desires to be mindful or desires to be thankful.
And the servants of the Beneficent God are they who walk on the earth in humbleness, and when the ignorant address them,
they say: Peace.
And they who pass the night prostrating themselves before their Lord and standing.
And they who say: O our Lord! turn away from us the punishment of hell, surely the punishment thereof is a lasting
Surely it is an evil abode and (evil) place to stay.
And they who when they spend, are neither extravagant nor parsimonious, and (keep) between these the just mean.

And they who do not call upon another god with Allah and do not slay the soul, which Allah has forbidden except in the requirements of justice, and (who) do not commit fornication and he who does this shall find a requital of sin.
The punishment shall be doubled to him on the day of resurrection, and he shall abide therein in abasement;
Except him who repents and believes and does a good deed; so these are they of whom Allah changes the evil deeds to good ones; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
And whoever repents and does good, he surely turns to Allah a (goodly) turning.

And they who do not bear witness to what is false, and when they pass by what is vain, they pass by nobly."
- Surah 25:61-68

DesertRose

Superstar
IS IT NOT time that the hearts of all who have attained to faith should feel humble at the remembrance of God and of all the truth that has been bestowed [on them] from on high, lest they become like those who were granted revelation aforetime, and whose hearts have hardened with the passing of time so that many of them are [now] depraved? 57:16
[But] know that God gives life to the earth after it has been lifeless! We have indeed made Our messages clear unto you, so that you might use your reason. - 57:17
Verily, as for the men and women who accept the truth as true and who [thus] offer up unto God a goodly loan, they will be amply repaid, and shall have a noble reward [in the life to come]. - 57:18
For, they who have attained to faith in God and His Apostle - it is they, they who uphold the truth, and they who bear witness [thereto] before God: [and so] they shall have their reward and their light! But as for those who are bent on denying the truth and on giving the lie to Our messages - it is they who are destined for the blazing fire! - 57:19

DesertRose

Superstar
Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children - like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the tillers; then it dries and you see it turned yellow; then it becomes [scattered] debris. And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion.
Race toward forgiveness from your Lord and a Garden whose width is like the width of the heavens and earth, prepared for those who believed in Allah and His messengers. That is the bounty of Allah which He gives to whom He wills, and Allah is the possessor of great bounty.
No disaster strikes upon the earth or among yourselves except that it is in a register before We bring it into being - indeed that, for Allah, is easy -
In order that you not despair over what has eluded you and not exult [in pride] over what He has given you. And Allah does not like everyone self-deluded and boastful -
[Those] who are stingy and enjoin upon people stinginess. And whoever turns away - then indeed, Allah is the Free of need, the Praiseworthy.
We have already sent Our messengers with clear evidences and sent down with them the Scripture and the balance that the people may maintain [their affairs] in justice. And We sent down iron, wherein is great military might and benefits for the people, and so that Allah may make evident those who support Him and His messengers unseen. Indeed, Allah is Powerful and Exalted in Might.
57:20-25