Favorite Quran Verses

DesertRose

Superstar
83:29-36
Indeed, those who committed crimes used to laugh at those who believed.
And when they passed by them, they would exchange derisive glances.
And when they returned to their people, they would return jesting.
And when they saw them, they would say, "Indeed, those are truly lost."
But they had not been sent as guardians over them.
So Today those who believed are laughing at the disbelievers,
On adorned couches, observing.
Have the disbelievers [not] been rewarded [this Day] for what they used to do?

DesertRose

Superstar
Our Lord! Accept (this service) from us: For Thou art the All-Hearing, the All-knowing.
Surah Al-Baqarah - 2:127

Our Lord! Make of us Muslims, bowing to Thy (Will), and of our progeny a people Muslim, bowing to Thy (will); and show us our place for the celebration of (due) rites; and turn unto us (in Mercy); for Thou art the Oft-Returning, Most Merciful.
Surah Al-Baqarah - 2:128

Our Lord! Give us in this world that which is good and in the Hereafter that which is good, and save us from the torment of the Fire!
Surah Al-Baqarah - 2:201

Our Lord! Bestow on us endurance, make our foothold sure, and give us help against the disbelieving folk.
Al-Baqarah - 2:250

Our Lord! We have indeed believed, so forgive us our sins and save us from the punishment of the Fire.
Surah Al-Imran - 3:16

A few apt suras from the Quran regarding the swine (confirming the Scripture that came before it). -

5:4. Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than "I AM" (Allah); that which hath been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by being gored to death; that which hath been (partly) eaten by a wild animal; unless ye are able to slaughter it (in due form) that which is sacrificed on stone (altars); (forbidden) also is the division (of meat) by raffling with arrows: that is impiety. This day have those who reject Faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you, submission to My Will, as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, "I AM" (Allah) is indeed Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

6:145. Say: "I find not in the Message received by me by inspiration any (meat) forbidden to be eaten by one who wishes to eat it, unless it be dead meat, or blood poured forth, or the flesh of swine,- for it is an abomination - or, what is impious, (meat) on which a name has been invoked, other than "I AM"'s (Allah's)." But (even so), if a person is forced by necessity, without willful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- thy Lord is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

16:115. He has only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and any (food) over which the name of other than "I AM" (Allah) has been invoked. But if one is forced by necessity, without willful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- then "I AM" (Allah) is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
Quran - 5:32
“It is because of this that We ordained for (all humankind, but particularly for) the Children of Israel: He who kills a soul unless it be (in legal punishment) for murder or for causing disorder and corruption on the earth will be as if he had killed all humankind; and he who saves a life will be as if he had saved the lives of all humankind. Assuredly there came to them Our Messengers (one after the other) with clear proofs of the truth (so that they might be revived both individually and as a people). Then (in spite of all this), many of them go on committing excesses on the earth.”

Last edited:
29:64. What is the life of this world except amusement and play? But verily the Home in the Hereafter,- that is Life indeed, if they only knew.

7:54. Your Guardian-Lord is Allah ("I AM"), Who created the heavens and the Earth in six Days, and is firmly established on the Throne (of Authority): He draweth the night as a veil over the day, each seeking the other in rapid succession: He created the sun, the moon, and the stars, (all) governed by Laws under His Command. Is it not His to create and to govern? Blessed be Allah ("I AM"), the Cherisher and Sustainer of the Worlds!

DesertRose

Superstar
And fear a Day when no soul will suffice for another soul at all,
and no compensation will be accepted from it,
nor will any intercession benefit it,
nor will they be aided.
2:123

3:7. He it is Who has sent down to thee the Book: in it are verses basic or fundamental (of established meaning) they are the foundation of the Book: others are allegorical. But those in whose hearts is perversity follow the part thereof that is allegorical, seeking discord, and searching for its hidden meanings, but no one knows its hidden meanings except the "I AM". And those who are firmly grounded in Knowledge say: "We believe in the Book the whole of it is from our Lord:" and none will grasp the Message except men of Understanding (Dan. 12:10).

DesertRose

Superstar
In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful

I swear by the Day of Resurrection, (1) And I swear by the self-reproaching conscience, (that Resurrection is a reality.) (2)

Does man think that We will never reassemble his bones? (3) Why (can We) not (do so), while We are able to reset (even) his fingertips perfectly? 1 (4) But man wishes to go on violating Allah’s injunctions (even in future) ahead of him. (5) He asks, “When will be this Day of Resurrection?” (6)

So, when the eyes will be dazzled, (7) And the moon will lose its light, (8) And the sun and the moon will be joined together, 2 (9) On that day man will say, “Where to escape?” (10)

Never! There will be no refuge at all. (11) On that day, towards your Lord will be the destination (of everyone.) (12) Man will be informed of what he sent ahead and what he left behind. (13) Rather, man will be a witness against himself, (14) Even though he may offer his excuses. (15)

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
continuation of above surah/chapter:

O Prophet,) do not move your tongue (during revelation) for (reciting) it (the Quran) to receive it in hurry. 3 (16)

It is surely undertaken by Us to store it (in your heart), and to let it be recited (by you after revelation is completed).
(17) Therefore, when it is recited by Us (through the angel), follow its recitation (by concentration of your heart). (18)
Then, it is undertaken by Us to explain it. (19)

Never, (your denial of Resurrection is never based on any sound reason!) Instead, you love that which is immediate, (20)
And neglect the Hereafter. (21)
Many faces, that day, will be glowing, (22) Looking towards their Lord, (23)

And many faces, that day, will be gloomy, (24) Realizing that a back-breaking calamity is going to be afflicted on them. (25)
Never, (you will never remain in this world forever!) When the soul (of a patient) reaches the clavicles, (26) And it is said, “Who is an enchanter (that can save him?)” 4 (27) And he realizes that it is (the time of) departure (from the world,) (28)

And one shank is intertwined with the other shank, 5 (29) Then on that day, it is to your Lord that one has to be driven. (30)
So (the denier of the Hereafter) neither believed, nor prayed, (31)

But rejected the truth and turned away (from it), (32)
Then he went to his home, puffed up with pride. (33) (It will be said to such a man,) Woe to you, then woe to you! (34)
Again, woe to you, then woe to you! (35)

Does man presume that he will be left unchecked? (36) Was he not an ejaculated drop of semen? (37)
Then he became a clot of blood, then He created (him) and made (him) perfect, (38) And made from him two kinds, male and female. (39) Has He no power to give life to the dead? (40)

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
“Behold! Verily to Allah belong all creatures, in the heavens and on earth.
What do they follow who worship as His “partners” other than Allah?
They follow nothing but fancy, and they do nothing but lie.”

[10:66]

DesertRose

Superstar
[Adhere to it], turning in repentance to Him, and fear Him and establish prayer and do not be of those who associate others with Allah
[Or] of those who have divided their religion and become sects, every faction rejoicing in what it has.
And when adversity touches the people, they call upon their Lord, turning in repentance to Him. Then when He lets them taste mercy from Him, at once a party of them associate others with their Lord,
So that they will deny what We have granted them. Then enjoy yourselves, for you are going to know.
Or have We sent down to them an authority, and it speaks of what they were associating with Him?
And when We let the people taste mercy, they rejoice therein, but if evil afflicts them for what their hands have put forth, immediately they despair.
Do they not see that Allah extends provision for whom He wills and restricts [it]? Indeed, in that are signs for a people who believe.

continued below.
30:31-37

DesertRose

Superstar
continued.
So give the relative his right, as well as the needy and the traveler. That is best for those who desire the countenance of Allah, and it is they who will be the successful.
And whatever you give for interest (usury) to increase within the wealth of people will not increase with Allah . But what you give in zakah (charity), desiring the countenance of Allah - those are the multipliers.
Allah is the one who created you, then provided for you, then will cause you to die, and then will give you life. Are there any of your "partners" who does anything of that? Exalted is He and high above what they associate with Him.

Corruption has appeared throughout the land and sea by [reason of] what the hands of people have earned so He may let them taste part of [the consequence of] what they have done that perhaps they will return [to righteousness].
30:38-41

DesertRose

Superstar
The believing men and believing women are allies of one another.
They enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and establish prayer and give zakah (charity)and obey Allah and His Messenger. Those - Allah will have mercy upon them. Indeed, Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.
Allah has promised the believing men and believing women gardens beneath which rivers flow, wherein they abide eternally, and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence; but approval from Allah is greater.
It is that which is the great attainment.
9:71-72