Favorite Quran Verses

DesertRose

Superstar
“It could be that you dislike something,
when it is good for you;
and it could be that you like something when it is bad for you.
Allah knows, and you do not know.”
2:216

DesertRose

Superstar
…And whosoever fears ( has consciousness of ) Allah…
He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty).
And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine.
65:2-3

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
2:103
Had they been faithful and God conscious, the reward from Allah would have been better; had they known!

DesertRose

Superstar
[21, 30-35]
Are the disbelievers not aware that the heavens and the earth were once fused together in a single piece,
and then We split them apart? We made every living thing from water? So won’t they believe?
And We put firm mountains on the earth, lest it should sway under them, and set broad paths on it,
so that they might follow the right direction, and We made the sky a protected ceiling, but they, from its signs, are turning away.
It is He who created night and day, the sun and the moon, each floating in its orbit.
We have not granted everlasting life to any other human being before you either [O Muhammad] – if you die,
will [the disbelievers] live for ever? Every soul is certain to taste death.
We test you all through the bad and the good, and to Us you will all return.

DesertRose

Superstar
We will reserve the houses of the hereafter exclusively for those who do not seek self-glory in this life and do not cause oppression and corruption to spread. The final outcome belongs to those who fear (Allah). 28:83: Al Quran

“In fact, my Lord has forbidden all kinds of lewd and obscene acts whether committed openly or in secret: (all sorts of) sins and wrongful oppressions, associating anything (or anyone) with Allah for which He has revealed no sanction, and attributing to Allah that about which you know nothing.” 7:33: Al Quran

DesertRose

Superstar
He creates you in your mothers’ wombs, in one stage after another, in threefold depths of darkness.
Such is God, your Lord; He holds control, there is no god but Him. How can you turn away?
If you are ungrateful, remember God has no need of you, yet He is not pleased by ingratitude in His servants; if you are grateful, He is pleased [to see] it in you.
No soul will bear another’s burden.
You will return to your Lord in the end and He will inform you of what you have done: He knows well what is in the depths of [your] hearts.
[ 39:6-7]

DesertRose

Superstar
In whatever matter you may be engaged and whatever part of the Quran you are reciting,
whatever work you are doing, We witness you when you are engaged in it.
Not even the weight of a speck of dust in the earth or sky escapes your Lord, nor anything lesser or greater :
it is all written in a clear record. But for those who are on God’s side there is no fear, nor shall they grieve.
For those who believe and are conscious of God, for them there is good news in this life and in the Hereafter
– there is no changing the promises of God– that is truly the supreme triumph.
10:61-64

DesertRose

Superstar
We shall show them Our signs in every region of the earth and in themselves,
until it becomes clear to them that this is the Truth.
Is it not enough that your Lord witnesses everything?
Truly, they doubt that they will meet their Lord; truly He encompasses everything.
41:53-54

DesertRose

Superstar
Say, [O Muhammad], “O people, if you are in doubt as to my religion - then I do not worship those which you worship besides God;
but I worship God, who causes your death. And I have been commanded to be of the believers and [commanded],
‘Direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth, and never be of those who associate others with God ;
and do not invoke besides God that which neither benefits you nor harms you, for if you did, then indeed you would be of the wrongdoers. And if God should touch you with adversity, there is no remover of it except Him;
and if He intends for you good, then there is no repeller of His bounty.
He causes it to reach whom He wills of His servants. And He is the Forgiving, the Merciful.
Say [O Muhammad], “O People, the truth has come to you from your Lord,
so whoever is guided is only guided for [the benefit of] his soul, and whoever goes astray only goes astray [in violation] against it.
And I am not over you a manager.” And follow what is revealed to you,
[O Muhammad], and be patient until God will judge. And He is the best of judges.
10:104-109

5:8. And (always) remember the favour of "I AM" unto you, and His Covenant (in the Bible), which He ratified (confirmed) with YOU (Moslems), when YE said: "We hear and we obey": and fear "I AM", for "I AM" knoweth well the secrets of your hearts.
5:9. O ye who believe! Stand out FIRMLY for "I AM", as witnesses to FAIR DEALING, and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from JUSTICE. Be JUST: that is close to Piety: and fear "I AM". For "I AM" is well-acquainted with all that ye do.
5:10. To those who believe and do deeds of righteousness hath "I AM" promised forgiveness and a great reward.
5:11. Those who reject Faith and deny Our Signs will be Companions of Hell-fire.
5:12. O ye who believe! Remember the favour of "I AM" unto you when certain men formed the plan to stretch out their hands against you, but ("I AM") held back their hands from you: so fear "I AM". And on "I AM" let believers put (ALL) their trust (Faith).
5:13. "I AM" did aforetime make The Covenant with the Children of Israel, and We appointed twelve captains among them. And "I AM" said: "I am with you: only if ye establish constant prayer; practise regular charity; believe My Apostles; honour and assist them; and loan to "I AM" a beautiful loan; then verily I will wipe out from you your evils, and admit you to Gardens with rivers flowing beneath; but if any of you, after this, resisteth faith, he hath truly wandered from The Way of Rectitude." (The Covenant - The Song of Moses).
5:14. But because of their breach of their Covenant, We cursed them, and made their hearts grow hard: they change the words from their (right) places and forget the best part of the Message that was sent them, nor wilt thou cease to find them - barring a few - ever bent on (new) deceits: but forgive them, and overlook (their misdeeds): for "I AM" loveth those who are kind.
5:15. From those, too, who call themselves Christians, We did take a Covenant (The Song of The Lamb), but they forgot the best part of the Message that was sent them: so We estranged them, with enmity and hatred between the one and the other, to the Day of Judgment. And soon "I AM" will show them what it is they have done.
5:16. O People of the Book! There hath come to you our Messenger, revealing to you much that ye used to hide in the Book (Bible), and passing over much (that is now unnecessary - the ceremonial rituals and sacrifices that were only a school-teacher to bring men to Christ - Galatians 3:24-25):
5:17. There hath come to you from "I AM" a (new) Light and an understandable Book,-
5:18. Wherewith "I AM" guideth all who seek His good pleasure to The Way of Peace and Safety, and leadeth them out of darkness, by His Will, unto the Light,- guideth them to The Way that is Straight.
5:19. In blasphemy indeed are those that say that "I AM" is Jesus the son of Mary. Say: "Who then hath the least power against "I AM", if His Will were to destroy Jesus the son of Mary, his mother, and all - every one that is on the Earth? For to God belongeth the Dominion of the heavens and the Earth, and all that is between. He createth what He pleaseth. For God hath power over all things."

6:154. Moreover, We gave Moses the Book (Torah), COMPLETING [Deuteronomy 4:2] (Our favour) to those who would do right, and explaining ALL things IN DETAIL,- and a GUIDE and a MERCY, that they might believe in the meeting with their Lord.
6:155. And this (Torah) is a Book which We have revealed as a BLESSING: so follow it and be righteous, that YE may receive mercy (Sura 32:23):
6:156. Lest YE should say: "The Book (Torah - The Covenant) was sent down to two Peoples before us, and for our part, we remained unacquainted with all that they learned by careful study:"
6:157. Or lest YE should say: "If the Book (Torah - The Covenant) had only been sent down to US, we should have FOLLOWED its guidance BETTER than they (Sura 32:23)." Now then hath come unto YOU a clear (Sign) from your Lord,- and a GUIDE and a MERCY: then who could do MORE WRONG than one who rejecteth "I AM"'s Signs (and Torah - Bible), and turneth away therefrom? In good time shall We requite those who turn away from Our Signs, with a dreadful penalty, for their turning away.
16:84. One Day We shall raise from all Peoples a Witness: then will NO excuse be accepted from Unbelievers, nor will they receive any favours.
16:85. When the wrong-doers (actually) see the Penalty, then will it in no way be mitigated, nor will they then receive respite.
16:86. When those who gave partners to "I AM" will see their "partners", they will say: "Our Lord! These are our 'partners,' those whom we used to invoke besides Thee." But they (the partners) will throw back their word at them (and say): "Indeed ye are liars!"
16:87. That Day shall they (openly) show (their) submission to "I AM"; and all their inventions shall leave them in the lurch.
16:88. Those who reject "I AM" and hinder (men) from The Way of "I AM" - for them will We add Penalty to Penalty; because they used to spread mischief.
16:89. One day We shall raise from all Peoples a witness against them, from amongst themselves: and We shall bring thee as a witness against these (thy people): and We have sent down to thee the Book explaining all things, a Guide, a Mercy, and Glad Tidings to those who are "True in Faith".
16:90. "I AM" commands justice, the doing of good, and benevolence to kith and kin, and He forbids all shameful deeds, and injustice and rebellion: He instructs you, that ye may receive warning.
16:91. Fulfill the Covenant of "I AM" (in the Bible) when ye have entered into it, and break not your oaths after ye have confirmed them; indeed ye have made "I AM" your guarantor; for "I AM" knoweth all that ye do; say and think.

32:23. We did indeed aforetime give the Book (Torah) to Moses: be then NOT IN DOUBT of its (The Torah) reaching (THEE): and We made it a Guide to the Children of Israel.

42:17. It is "I AM" Who has sent down the Book (Bible) in Truth, and the Balance (Torah - Sura 6:154-157; 57:25) (by which to weigh conduct). And what will make thee realise that perhaps the Hour is close at hand?
42:18. Only those wish to hasten it who believe not in it: those who believe hold it in awe, and know that it is the Truth. Behold, verily those that dispute concerning the Hour are far astray.

57:25. We sent aforetime our Apostles with Clear Signs and sent down with them the Book (Torah) and the Balance (of Right and Wrong) (The Covenant), that men may stand forth in justice and We sent down Iron, in which is (material for) mighty war, as well as many benefits for mankind, that "I AM" may test who it is that will help, unseen, Him and His Apostles (Thy Will be done): for "I AM" is Full of Strength, Almighty (and able to enforce His Will).

43:57. When (Jesus) the son of Mary is held up as an example, behold, thy people raise a clamour thereat (in ridicule)!
43:58. And they say, "Are our gods best, or he?" This they set forth to thee, only by way of disputation: yea, they are a contentious people.
43:59. He was no more than a servant ("I came not to do mine own will, but the Will of Him that sent me" - John 6:38 - Injeel): We granted Our favour (Christ) to him (Sura 4:171), and We made him the Example to the Children of Israel (John 14:6 - Injeel).
43:60. And if it were Our Will, We could make angels from amongst you, succeeding each other on the Earth.
43:61. And (Christ the Mahdi) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Judgment): therefore have no doubt about the (Hour), but follow ye Me: this is The Straight Way.
43:62. Let not the Evil One hinder you: for he is to you an enemy avowed.
43:63. When Jesus came with Clear Signs, he said: "Now have I come to you with Wisdom, and in order to make clear to you some of the (points) on which ye dispute: therefore fear "I AM" and obey me.
43:64. "For "I AM", He is my Lord and your Lord: so worship ye Him (Matthew 5:48 - Injeel): this is The Straight Way."

The Covenant

God/Allah ("I AM") says in The Koran, "Fulfill The Covenant -The New Song"
(see also Isaiah 42:1-12 and Revelation/Apocalypse 14:3 & 15:3)

DesertRose

Superstar
Quran 22:40-41
[They are] those who have been evicted from their homes without right - only because they say, "Our Lord is Allah ." And were it not that Allah checks the people, some by means of others, there would have been demolished monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques in which the name of Allah is much mentioned. And Allah will surely support those who support Him. Indeed, Allah is Powerful and Exalted in Might.
[And they are] those who, if We give them authority in the land, establish prayer and give zakah (poor due) and enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong. And to Allah belongs the outcome of [all] matters.

DesertRose

Superstar
So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth.
This is the natural disposition God instilled in humankind– there is no altering God’s creation– and this is the right religion, though most people do not realize it.
Turn to Him alone, all of you.
Be mindful of Him; keep up the prayer ; do not join those who ascribe partners to God.
[30:30-31]

DesertRose

Superstar
I swear by this land, and you’re a legal resident of this land,
and I swear by the bond between a parent and a child-
and so it was that We created human beings to labour on in toil and hardship.
Does he think there’s no power over him, and while he may boast, ‘‘I have wealth to waste!’’ does he think no one’s watching him?
Haven’t We given him a pair of eyes, a tongue and a pair of lips and then shown him the two roads (of good and evil)?
Yet, he makes no effort to travel the steep road, and how can you understand what the steep road is?
It is to free a slave, to feed at a time of hunger an orphaned relative or a poor person in distress,
and to be one of those who believe and urge one another to steadfastness and compassion.
[90: 1-17]

DesertRose

Superstar
“By time, Indeed, mankind is in loss,
Except for those who have believed and have done righteous deeds
and advised each other to truth
and advised each other to patience.”
- Quran [Sūrah Al-‘Asr 103:1-2-3]

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
It is He who released the two bodies of flowing water,
one sweet and fresh and the other salty and bitter,
and put an insurmountable barrier between them.
It is He who creates human beings from fluid,
then makes them kin by blood and marriage:
your Lord is All Powerful!
Yet instead of God they worship things that can neither benefit nor harm them.
[25:53-55]

DesertRose

Superstar
So [Humankind] respond to your Lord before there comes a Day that cannot, against God’s will, be averted–
you will have no refuge on that Day, and no possibility of denying [your sins].
If they still turn away [remember that] We have not sent you [O Muhammad] to be their guardian: your only duty is to deliver the message. And when We let the human being taste mercy from Us, he becomes happy with it, and when adversity afflicts them because of what their hands have done, the human being becomes ungrateful.
God has control of the heavens and the earth; He creates whatever He wills– He grants female offspring to whoever He wills, male to whoever He wilsl, or both male and female, and He makes whoever He wills barren:
He is All Knowing and All Powerful. It is not granted to any mortal that God should speak to him except through revelation or from behind a veil, or by sending a messenger to reveal by His command what He wills: He is Exalted and Wise.
[42:47-51]

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
Have you not considered how God sends water down from the sky and that We produce with it fruits of varied colors;
that there are in the mountains layers of white and red of various hues, and jet black; that there are various colors among human beings, wild animals, and livestock too?
It is those of His servants who have knowledge who stand in true awe of God. God is Almighty, Most Forgiving.
Those who recite God’s scripture, keep up the prayer, give secretly and openly from what We have provided for them,
may hope for a trade that will never decline:
He will repay them in full, and give them extra from His bounty.
He is Most Forgiving, Most Appreciative.
[35:27-30]