Favorite Quran Verses

DesertRose

Superstar
20:90-101
And Aaron had already told them before [the return of Moses], "O my people, you are only being tested by it, and indeed, your Lord is the Most Merciful, so follow me and obey my order."
They said, "We will never cease being devoted to the calf until Moses returns to us."
[Moses] said, "O Aaron, what prevented you, when you saw them going astray,
From following me? Then have you disobeyed my order?"
[Aaron] said, "O son of my mother, do not seize [me] by my beard or by my head. Indeed, I feared that you would say, 'You caused division among the Children of Israel, and you did not observe [or await] my word.' "
[Moses] said, "And what is your case, O Samiri?"
He said, "I saw what they did not see, so I took a handful [of dust] from the track of the messenger and threw it, and thus did my soul entice me."
[Moses] said, "Then go. And indeed, it is [decreed] for you in [this] life to say, 'No contact.' And indeed, you have an appointment [in the Hereafter] you will not fail to keep. And look at your 'god' to which you remained devoted. We will surely burn it and blow it into the sea with a blast.
Your god is only Allah, except for whom there is no deity. He has encompassed all things in knowledge."
Thus, [O Muhammad], We relate to you from the news of what has preceded. And We have certainly given you from Us the Qur'an.

Whoever turns away from it - then indeed, he will bear on the Day of Resurrection a burden

DesertRose

Superstar
(The story of Moses is told in different parts of the Quran with different details provided)

We revealed to Moses: “Throw your staff”; then lo! it devoured what they faked (7.117). So the truth was established, and what they did became null (7.118). Thus they were vanquished there, and they turned abased (7.119). So the magicians were thrown down in prostration (7.120). They said: “We believe in the Lord of all peoples (7.121), the Lord of Moses and Aaron” (7.122). Pharaoh Said: “You have believed in Him before I give you permission? This is a plot that you have devised in the city to drive its people out of it, but you shall know (7.123). I will cut off your hands and legs on opposite sides, and then I will crucify you all” (7.124). They said: “We shall return to our Lord (7.125). You do not resent us except because we have believed in the signs of our Lord when they came to us. Our Lord! Pour out on us patience and cause us to die as Muslims” (7.126).
The chiefs of Pharaoh’s people said: “Do you leave Moses and his people to cause corruption in the land and forsake you and your gods?” He said: “We will kill their sons but spare their women, and surely we will overpower them” (7.127). Moses said to his people: “Ask help from Allah and be patient; surely the land is Allah’s; He gives it for inheritance to whom He wills of His servants. The [best] end is for the pious” (7.128). They said: “We were harmed before you came to us and we have been harmed since then also.” He said: “May your Lord destroy your enemy and make you inheritors in the land so He sees how you act” (7.129).
We tested Pharaoh’s people with droughts and shortage of crops that they may heed (7.130). When good befalls them they would say: “This is due to us,” and when evil afflicts them, they would attribute it to the ill fortune of Moses and those with him; surely their ill fortune is only from Allah, but most of them do not know (7.131).
They said: “Whatever sign you may bring to bewitch us, we will not believe you” (7.132). We sent on them the flood, the locusts, the lice, the frogs, and the blood as clear signs; but they behaved arrogantly and were guilty (7.133). When the plague hit them, they said: “O Moses! Pray to your Lord for us, by whatever covenant He has with you, that if you remove the plague from us we will believe you and we will send away with you the Children of Israel” (7.134).
But when We removed the plague from them till a term that they were to reach, they broke the promise (7.135). Therefore We took retribution on them and drowned them in the sea because they denied Our signs and were heedless of them (7.136). We made the people who used to be oppressed to inherit the eastern and western parts of the land that We have blessed.
The good word of your Lord was fulfilled for the Children of Israel because of their patience, and We destroyed what Pharaoh and his people wrought and what they built (7.137)

DesertRose

Superstar
7:138-147
And We took the Children of Israel across the sea; then they came upon a people intent in devotion to [some] idols of theirs. They said, "O Moses, make for us a god just as they have gods." He said, "Indeed, you are a people behaving ignorantly.
Indeed, those [worshippers] - destroyed is that in which they are [engaged], and worthless is whatever they were doing."
He said, "Is it other than Allah I should desire for you as a god while He has preferred you over the worlds?"
And [recall, O Children of Israel], when We saved you from the people of Pharaoh, [who were] afflicting you with the worst torment - killing your sons and keeping your women alive. And in that was a great trial from your Lord.
And We made an appointment with Moses for thirty nights and perfected them by [the addition of] ten; so the term of his Lord was completed as forty nights. And Moses said to his brother Aaron, "Take my place among my people, do right [by them], and do not follow the way of the corrupters."
And when Moses arrived at Our appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he said, "My Lord, show me [Yourself] that I may look at You." [ Allah ] said, "You will not see Me, but look at the mountain; if it should remain in place, then you will see Me." But when his Lord appeared to the mountain, He rendered it level, and Moses fell unconscious. And when he awoke, he said, "Exalted are You! I have repented to You, and I am the first of the believers."
[ Allah ] said, "O Moses, I have chosen you over the people with My messages and My words [to you]. So take what I have given you and be among the grateful."
And We wrote for him on the tablets [something] of all things - instruction and explanation for all things, [saying], "Take them with determination and order your people to take the best of it. I will show you the home of the defiantly disobedient."
I will turn away from My signs those who are arrogant upon the earth without right; and if they should see every sign, they will not believe in it. And if they see the way of consciousness, they will not adopt it as a way; but if they see the way of error, they will adopt it as a way. That is because they have denied Our signs and they were heedless of them.
Those who denied Our signs and the meeting of the Hereafter - their deeds have become worthless. Are they recompensed except for what they used to do?

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
7:148-158
And the people of Moses made, after [his departure], from their ornaments a calf - an image having a lowing sound. Did they not see that it could neither speak to them nor guide them to a way? They took it [for worship], and they were wrongdoers.
And when regret overcame them and they saw that they had gone astray, they said, "If our Lord does not have mercy upon us and forgive us, we will surely be among the losers."
And when Moses returned to his people, angry and grieved, he said, "How wretched is that by which you have replaced me after [my departure]. Were you impatient over the matter of your Lord?" And he threw down the tablets and seized his brother by [the hair of] his head, pulling him toward him. [Aaron] said, "O son of my mother, indeed the people oppressed me and were about to kill me, so let not the enemies rejoice over me and do not place me among the wrongdoing people."
[Moses] said, "My Lord, forgive me and my brother and admit us into Your mercy, for You are the most merciful of the merciful."
Indeed, those who took the calf [for worship] will obtain anger from their Lord and humiliation in the life of this world, and thus do We recompense the inventors [of falsehood].
But those who committed misdeeds and then repented after them and believed - indeed your Lord, thereafter, is Forgiving and Merciful.
And when the anger subsided in Moses, he took up the tablets; and in their inscription was guidance and mercy for those who are fearful of their Lord.
And Moses chose from his people seventy men for Our appointment. And when the earthquake seized them, he said, "My Lord, if You had willed, You could have destroyed them before and me [as well]. Would You destroy us for what the foolish among us have done? This is not but Your trial by which You send astray whom You will and guide whom You will. You are our Protector, so forgive us and have mercy upon us; and You are the best of forgivers.
And decree for us in this world [that which is] good and [also] in the Hereafter; indeed, we have turned back to You." [ Allah ] said, "My punishment - I afflict with it whom I will, but My mercy encompasses all things." So I will decree it [especially] for those who fear Me and give zakah and those who believe in Our verses -
Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered prophet, whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel, who enjoins upon them what is right and forbids them what is wrong and makes lawful for them the good things and prohibits for them the evil and relieves them of their burden and the shackles which were upon them. So they who have believed in him, honored him, supported him and followed the light which was sent down with him - it is those who will be the successful.

Say, [O Muhammad], "O mankind, indeed I am the Messenger of Allah to you all, [from Him] to whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth. There is no deity except Him; He gives life and causes death." So believe in Allah and His Messenger, the unlettered prophet, who believes in Allah and His words, and follow him that you may be guided.

Please go to the relevant verses to continue with the story of Moses (and the 12 tribes and descendants) peace be upon him 7:159 and onward. Will go back to fewer verses inshaAllah. May Allah bless you all and make you the best version of yourselves and make us,pleasing to the Creator a mercy to this world, good caregivers and stewards of his gifts.Ameen!

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
In the name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful.
Praise belongs to God, Lord of all Worlds, the Compassionate, the Merciful. Master of the Day of Judgement.
It is you we worship; it is you we ask for help.
Guide us to the straight path, the path of those you have blessed, those who incur no anger and who have not gone astray.
[Chapter 1, Verses 1-7)

DesertRose

Superstar
“ Say: "We believe in God and what was revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and what was revealed to Moses and Jesus and what was revealed to the prophets by their Lord. We make no distinction between them. And we are subject to Him.”
Quran
Sura Al-Baqarah (2):136

85:10. Those who persecute (or draw into temptation) the Believers, men and women, and do not turn in repentance, will have the Penalty of Hell: they will have the Penalty of the Burning Fire.
85:11. For those who believe and do righteous deeds, will be Gardens beneath which Rivers flow: that is the great Salvation, (the fulfillment of all desires),
85:12. Truly strong is the Grip (and Power) of thy Lord.
85:13. It is He Who creates from the very beginning, and He can restore (life).
85:14. And He is the Oft-Forgiving, full of Loving-Kindness,
85:15. Lord of the Throne of Glory,
85:16. Doer (without fail) of all that He intends.

DesertRose

Superstar
2: 2-5
This is the Book in which there is no doubt, containing guidance for those who are mindful of God,
who believe in the unseen,
keep up the prayer,
and give out of what We have provided for them (charity);
those who believe in the revelation sent down to you [Muhammad],
and in what was sent before you,
those who have firm faith in the Hereafter.
Such people are following their Lord’s guidance and it is they who will prosper.

DesertRose

Superstar
91: 1-10
By the sun in its morning brightness and by the moon as it follows it,
by the day as it displays the sun’s glory and by the night as it conceals it,
by the sky and how He built it and by the earth and how He spread it,
and by the soul and its balanced (nature) and its innate awareness (of right and wrong).
The one who purifies his soul succeeds and the one who corrupts it fails.

DesertRose

Superstar
55: 1-13
It is the Lord of mercy who taught the Quran,
He created the human being and taught him to communicate.
The sun and the moon follow their calculated courses,
the plants and the trees submit to his designs;
and the heaven He raised and imposed the balance so that you may not exceed in the balance.
Weigh with justice and do not fall short in the balance.
He set down the earth for his creatures with its fruits,
its palm trees and sheathed clusters, its husked grain, its fragrant plants,
so which of your Lord’s favours will you deny?

DesertRose

Superstar
“Did you think that We (God) created you in play (without any purpose), and that you would not be brought back to Us (God)?”
Qur’an 23:115

“And I did not create the Jinn and mankind except to worship Me.”Qur’an 51:56

“Allah is He who created death and life to test you as to which of you is best in deed.”Qur’an 67:2

“Let every person consider what they have sent ahead for tomorrow.”Qur’an 59:18

“When death comes to one of them, he says, ‘My Lord, send me back! So that I can do good in the things I neglected.’ By no means! It is a mere word that he speaks.” Qur’an 23:99-100

“They will say, ‘We were not of those who prayed, nor did we feed the poor. And we used to enter into vain discourse with those who engaged in it, and we used to deny the Day of Recompense (the Day of Judgement) until there came to us the death that is certain.’ ”
Qur’an 74:43-47

“Death, from which you are running away from, will certainly catch up with you. Then you will be returned to the Knower of the Unseen and the Visible (i.e. Allah) and He will inform you about what you did.” Qur’an 62:8

“Shall We then treat the People of Faith like the People of Sin? What is the matter with you? How do you judge?”Qur’an 68:35-36

“O man! What has deceived you concerning your Lord, the Most Generous? Who created you, fashioned you perfectly, and gave you due proportion. In whatever form He willed, He put you together. No! But you deny the Recompense (reward for good deeds and punishment for evil deeds on the Day of Judgement).”Qur’an 82:6-9

DesertRose

Superstar
10: 61-64
In whatever matter you may be engaged and whatever part of the Quran you are reciting,
whatever work you are doing, We witness you when you are engaged in it.
Not even the weight of a speck of dust in the earth or sky escapes your Lord,
nor anything lesser or greater : it is all written in a clear record.
But for those who are on God’s side there is no fear, nor shall they grieve.
For those who believe and are conscious of God, for them there is good news in this life and in the Hereafter– there is no changing the promises of God– that is truly the supreme triumph.

DesertRose

Superstar
30:17-27
So celebrate God’s glory in the evening, in the morning,
praise is due to Him in the heavens and the earth, in the late afternoon, and at midday.
He brings the living out of the dead and the dead out of the living.
He gives life to the earth after death, and you will be brought out in the same way.
One of His signs is that He created you from dust and – lo and behold! – you became human and scattered far and wide.
Another of His signs is that He created spouses from among yourselves for you to live with in tranquillity:
He ordained love and kindness between you. There truly are signs in this for those who reflect.
Another of His signs is the creation of the heavens and earth, and the diversity of your languages and colours.
There truly are signs in this for those who know. Among His signs are your sleep, by night and by day, and your seeking His bounty. There are signs in this for those who listen. Among His signs, too, are that He shows you the lightning that terrifies and inspires hope; that He sends water down from the sky to restore the earth to life after death.
There truly are signs in this for those who use their reason.
Among His signs, too, is the fact that the heavens and the earth stand firm by His command.
In the end, you will all emerge when He calls you from the earth.
Everyone in the heavens and earth belongs to Him, and all are obedient to Him.
He is the One who originates creation and will do it again– this is even easier for Him.
He is above all comparison in the heavens and earth; He is the Almighty, the All Wise.

DesertRose

Superstar
67:2-5
[He] who created death and life to test you [as to] which of you is best in deed- and He is the Exalted in Might,
the Forgiving - [and] who created seven heavens in layers.
You do not see in the creation of the Most Merciful any inconsistency.
So return [your] vision [to the sky]; do you see any breaks?
Then return [your] vision twice again.
[Your] vision will return to you humbled while it is fatigued.
And We have certainly beautified the nearest heaven with stars.

DesertRose

Superstar
45, 2-6
This Book is sent down from God, the Mighty, the Wise.
There are signs in the heavens and the earth for those who believe:
in the creation of you, in the creatures God scattered on earth,
there are signs for people of sure faith;
in the alternation of night and day,
in the rain God provides, sending it down from the sky and reviving the dead earth with it,
and in His shifting of the winds there are signs for those who use their reason.
These are God’s signs that We recount to you [O Muhammad, to show] the Truth.
If they deny God and His revelations, what message will they believe in?

DesertRose

Superstar
Say [O Muhammad], ‘I am only a human being,
like you, to whom it has been revealed that your God is One.
Anyone who fears to meet his Lord should do good deeds,
and give no one a share in the worship due to his Lord’
18: 110

DesertRose

Superstar
3: 21-22
Those who disbelieve in the signs of Allah and kill the prophets without right and kill those who order justice from among the people - give them tidings of a painful punishment.

They are the ones whose deeds have become worthless in this world and the Hereafter, and for them there will be no helpers.

DesertRose

Superstar
Had your Lord willed, all the people on earth would have believed.
So can you [O Muhammad] compel people to believe?
No soul can believe except by God’s will, and He brings disgrace on those who do not use their reason.
Say, “Observe what is in the heavens and earth.”
But of no avail will be signs or warners to a people who do not believe.
So do they wait except for like [what occurred in] the days of those who passed on before them?
Say, “Then wait; indeed, I am with you among those who wait.”
[10:99-102]