Favorite Quran Verses

When the sun (with its spacious light) is folded up;
.....And when the stars fall, losing their lustre;
..........And when the mountains vanish (like a mirage);
...............And when the she-camels, ten months with young, are left untended;
.....................And when the wild beasts are gathered
..........................And when the oceans boil over with a swell;
...............................And when the souls are sorted out, (being joined, like with like);
................................... And when the female (infant), buried alive, is questioned
..........................................For what sin she was killed
...............................................And when the scrolls are laid open;
.................................................... And when the world on High is unveiled;
..........................................................And when the Blazing Fire is kindled to fierce heat;
..............................................................And when Paradise is brought near,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (Then) shall each soul know what it has put forward.
Takwir 81:1-14

Etagloc

Superstar
I think I posted this before
but I don't care
insha'Allah I will post it again

Ye are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in Allah. If only the People of the Book had faith, it were best for them: among them are some who have faith, but most of them are perverted transgressors.
-Surah Ali 'Imran [3:110]

Bacsi

Star
I think I posted this before
but I don't care
insha'Allah I will post it again

Ye are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in Allah. If only the People of the Book had faith, it were best for them: among them are some who have faith, but most of them are perverted transgressors.
-Surah Ali 'Imran [3:110]
Interesting. I think nothing changed much during the past 14 centuries or so

Bacsi

Star

And say, "My Lord, forgive and have mercy, and You are the best of the merciful."​
It's a very good idea psychologically to think you are forgiven. You don't have a guilt complex and are free to achieve more in life and be more productive for people around you. However, the idea of Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) being angry with our actions is wrong. There is no Al-Jaheem. We pay the price for our wrong-doing here on earth, as individuals and as society. Many things that are considered Halal are in fact Haram in the sense of being destructive on personal or higher societal level. Our wonderful Creator has created the bad actions as a means of improving us. People learn through good and bad actions and observing the consequences. It's a school, not an exam where you pass or fail. All people pass into a pleasant afterlife, having learned something. Even very bad people. Tgey miss out on blessings here on earth, and it's a huge thing.

O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm for Allah, witnesses in justice, and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness. And fear Allah; indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what you do. -8

Allah has promised those who believe and do righteous deeds [that] for them there is forgiveness and great reward. -9

But those who disbelieve and deny Our signs – those are the companions of Hellfire. -10

AlMaidah 5:8-10

Hopeful

Star
Surah Ad-Duha - 93

"By the morning brightness

And [by] the night when it covers with darkness,

Your Lord has not taken leave of you, [O Muhammad], nor has He detested [you].

And the Hereafter is better for you than the first [life].

And your Lord is going to give you, and you will be satisfied.

Did He not find you an orphan and give [you] refuge?

And He found you lost and guided [you],

And He found you poor and made [you] self-sufficient.

So as for the orphan, do not oppress [him].

And as for the petitioner, do not repel [him]."
Subhan Allah

The good deed and the evil deed are not alike. Repel the evil deed with one which is better, then lo! he, between whom and thee there was enmity (will become) as though he was a bosom friend.{ Quran ch41-verse 34 }

Quran 39:53,
Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."