Favorite Quran Verses

DesertRose

Superstar
[They are] those who have been evicted from their homes without right - only because they say, "Our Lord is Allah." And were it not that Allah checks the people, some by means of others, there would have been demolished monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques in which the name of Allah is much mentioned. And Allah will surely support those who support Him. Indeed, Allah is Powerful and Exalted in Might.
22:40

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
Whoever does good,
it is to their own benefit.
And whoever does evil,
it is to their own loss.
Then to your Lord you will ˹all˺ be returned.
45:15

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
وَالْعَصْرِ
By Time—

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ
man is most surely in a continuous state of loss,

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ
except those who attained faith and did righteous deeds, and enjoined upon one another keeping to the truth, and enjoined upon one another patience.

Chapter 103 [Surah 'Asr / سورة العصر]

DesertRose

Superstar
“But those who disbelieve (in the Oneness of Allaah — Islamic Monotheism), for them will be the fire of Hell. Neither will it have a complete killing effect on them so that they die nor shall its torment be lightened for them. Thus do We requite every disbeliever!
Therein they will cry: “Our Lord! Bring us out, we shall do righteous good deeds, not (the evil deeds) that we used to do.” (Allaah will reply “Did We not give you lives long enough, so that whosoever would receive admonition could receive it? And the warner came to you. So taste you (the evil of your deeds). For the Thaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers) there is no helper”
[Faatir 35:36]

“Truly, Hell is a place of ambush —
A dwelling place for the Taaghoon (those who transgress the boundary limits set by Allaah, like polytheists, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allaah, hypocrites, sinners, criminals),
They will abide therein for ages
Nothing cool shall they taste therein, nor any drink.
Except boiling water, and dirty wound discharges —
An exact recompense (according to their evil crimes).
For verily, they used not to look for a reckoning.
But they belied Our Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, and that which Our Prophet brought) completely.
And all things We have recorded in a Book.
So taste you (the results of your evil actions). No increase shall We give you, except in torment”
[al-Naba’ 78:21-30]

DesertRose

Superstar
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful.
1. Have you considered him who denies the religion?
2. It is he who mistreats the orphan.
3. And does not encourage the feeding of the poor.
4. So woe to those who pray.
5. Those who are heedless of their prayers.
6. Those who put on the appearance.
7. And withhold the assistance.

DesertRose

Superstar
“O ye who believe! Fear God and be with those who are true (in word and deed).” (Quran, 9:119)

“O, you who believe! When you hold secret counsel, do it not for sin and wrong-doing, and disobedience towards the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) but do it for Al-Birr (righteousness) and Taqwa (virtues and piety), and fear Allah unto Whom you shall be gathered.” (Quran, 58:9)

“And unto Allah belong all that is in the Heavens and all that is on Earth. And, verily, We have recommended to the people of the Scripture before you, and to you (O Muslims) that you (all) fear Allah and keep your duty to Him, But if you disbelieve, then unto Allah belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth, and Allah is Ever Rich, Worthy of all praise.” (Quran, 4:131)

It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who created me, and to Whom you shall (all) be brought back.
[Ya-Seen 36:22]

Allah it is Who made the earth a dwelling place for you and made the sky a canopy, Who shaped you and shaped you exceedingly well and gave you good things as sustenance. That is Allah, your Lord; blessed be Allah, the Lord of the Universe.
[Ghaafir 40:64]

Answer the Call of your Lord (i.e. accept the Islamic Monotheism, O mankind, and jinns) before there comes from Allah a Day which cannot be averted.
[Al-Shuraa 42:47]

Those who say, “Our Lord is Allah,” then lead a righteous life—they have nothing to fear, nor shall they grieve.
[Ahqaaf 46:13]

DesertRose

Superstar
Is one who is devoutly obedient during periods of the night, prostrating and standing [in prayer], fearing the Hereafter and hoping for the mercy of his Lord, [like one who does not]? Say, "Are those who know equal to those who do not know?" Only they will remember [who are] people of understanding.
39:9

Is one who is devoutly obedient during periods of the night, prostrating and standing [in prayer], fearing the Hereafter and hoping for the mercy of his Lord, [like one who does not]? Say, "Are those who know equal to those who do not know?" Only they will remember [who are] people of understanding.
39:9
Jazaakilah khairan for this profound reminder, DR - what an amazing verse.

DesertRose

Superstar
Say, [O Muhammad], "Praise be to Allah , and peace upon His servants whom He has chosen. Is Allah better or what they associate with Him?"
[More precisely], is He [not best] who created the heavens and the earth and sent down for you rain from the sky, causing to grow thereby gardens of joyful beauty which you could not [otherwise] have grown the trees thereof? Is there a deity with Allah ? [No], but they are a people who ascribe equals [to Him].
Is He [not best] who made the earth a stable ground and placed within it rivers and made for it firmly set mountains and placed between the two seas a barrier? Is there a deity with Allah ? [No], but most of them do not know.
Is He [not best] who responds to the desperate one when he calls upon Him and removes evil and makes you inheritors of the earth? Is there a deity with Allah ? Little do you remember.
Is He [not best] who guides you through the darknesses of the land and sea and who sends the winds as good tidings before His mercy? Is there a deity with Allah ? High is Allah above whatever they associate with Him.
Is He [not best] who begins creation and then repeats it and who provides for you from the heaven and earth? Is there a deity with Allah ? Say, "Produce your proof, if you should be truthful."
Say, "None in the heavens and earth knows the unseen except Allah , and they do not perceive when they will be resurrected."
Rather, their knowledge is arrested concerning the Hereafter. Rather, they are in doubt about it. Rather, they are, concerning it, blind.
And those who disbelieve say, "When we have become dust as well as our forefathers, will we indeed be brought out [of the graves]?
We have been promised this, we and our forefathers, before. This is not but legends of the former peoples."
Say, [O Muhammad], "Travel through the land and observe how was the end of the criminals."
And grieve not over them or be in distress from what they conspire.
27:59-70

DesertRose

Superstar
And they say, "When is [the fulfillment of] this promise, if you should be truthful?"
Say, "Perhaps it is close behind you - some of that for which you are impatient.
And indeed, your Lord is full of bounty for the people, but most of them do not show gratitude."
And indeed, your Lord knows what their breasts conceal and what they declare.
And there is nothing concealed within the heaven and the earth except that it is in a clear Register.
Indeed, this Qur'an relates to the Children of Israel most of that over which they disagree.
And indeed, it is guidance and mercy for the believers.
Indeed, your Lord will judge between them by His [wise] judgement. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Knowing.
So rely upon Allah ; indeed, you are upon the clear truth.
Indeed, you will not make the dead hear, nor will you make the deaf hear the call when they have turned their backs
retreating.
And you cannot guide the blind away from their error. You will only make hear those who believe in Our verses so they are Muslims [submitting to Allah ].
And when the word befalls them, We will bring forth for them a creature from the earth speaking to them, [saying] that the people were, of Our verses, not certain [in faith].
And [warn of] the Day when We will gather from every nation a company of those who deny Our signs, and they will be [driven] in rows
Until, when they arrive [at the place of Judgement], He will say, "Did you deny My signs while you encompassed them not in knowledge, or what [was it that] you were doing?"
And the decree will befall them for the wrong they did, and they will not [be able to] speak.
27:71-85

DesertRose

Superstar
Do they not see that We made the night that they may rest therein and the day giving sight? Indeed in that are signs for a people who believe.
And [warn of] the Day the Horn will be blown, and whoever is in the heavens and whoever is on the earth will be terrified except whom Allah wills. And all will come to Him humbled.
And you see the mountains, thinking them rigid, while they will pass as the passing of clouds. [It is] the work of Allah , who perfected all things. Indeed, He is Acquainted with that which you do.
Whoever comes [at Judgement] with a good deed will have better than it, and they, from the terror of that Day, will be safe.
And whoever comes with an evil deed - their faces will be overturned into the Fire, [and it will be said], "Are you recompensed except for what you used to do?"
[Say, O Muhammad], "I have only been commanded to worship the Lord of this city, who made it sacred and to whom [belongs] all things. And I am commanded to be of the Muslims [those who submit to Allah ]
And to recite the Qur'an." And whoever is guided is only guided for [the benefit of] himself; and whoever strays - say, "I am only [one] of the warners."
And say, "[All] praise is [due] to Allah . He will show you His signs, and you will recognize them. And your Lord is not unaware of what you do."
27: 86-93

DesertRose

Superstar
25:5-23
And they say, "What is this messenger that eats food and walks in the markets? Why was there not sent down to him an angel so he would be with him a warner?
Or [why is not] a treasure presented to him [from heaven], or does he [not] have a garden from which he eats?" And the wrongdoers say, "You follow not but a man affected by magic."
Look how they strike for you comparisons; but they have strayed, so they cannot [find] a way.
Blessed is He who, if He willed, could have made for you [something] better than that - gardens beneath which rivers flow - and could make for you palaces.
But they have denied the Hour, and We have prepared for those who deny the Hour a Blaze.
When the Hellfire sees them from a distant place, they will hear its fury and roaring.
And when they are thrown into a narrow place therein bound in chains, they will cry out thereupon for destruction.
[They will be told], "Do not cry this Day for one destruction but cry for much destruction."
Say, "Is that better or the Garden of Eternity which is promised to the righteous? It will be for them a reward and destination.
For them therein is whatever they wish, [while] abiding eternally. It is ever upon your Lord a promise [worthy to be] requested.
And [mention] the Day He will gather them and that which they worship besides Allah and will say, "Did you mislead these, My servants, or did they [themselves] stray from the way?"
They will say, "Exalted are You! It was not for us to take besides You any allies. But You provided comforts for them and their fathers until they forgot the message and became a people ruined."
So they will deny you, [disbelievers], in what you say, and you cannot avert [punishment] or [find] help. And whoever commits injustice among you - We will make him taste a great punishment.
And We did not send before you, [O Muhammad], any of the messengers except that they ate food and walked in the markets. And We have made some of you [people] as trial for others - will you have patience? And ever is your Lord, Seeing.
And those who do not expect the meeting with Us say, "Why were not angels sent down to us, or [why] do we [not] see our Lord?" They have certainly become arrogant within themselves and [become] insolent with great insolence.
The day they see the angels - no good tidings will there be that day for the criminals, and [the angels] will say, "Prevented and inaccessible."
And We will regard what they have done of deeds and make them as dust dispersed.

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
The companions of Paradise, that Day, are [in] a better settlement and better resting place.
And [mention] the Day when the heaven will split open with [emerging] clouds, and the angels will be sent down in successive descent.
True sovereignty, that Day, is for the Most Merciful. And it will be upon the disbelievers a difficult Day.
And the Day the wrongdoer will bite on his hands [in regret] he will say, "Oh, I wish I had taken with the Messenger a way.
Oh, woe to me! I wish I had not taken that one as a friend.
He led me away from the remembrance after it had come to me. And ever is Satan, to man, a deserter."
And the Messenger has said, "O my Lord, indeed my people have taken this Qur'an as [a thing] abandoned."
And thus have We made for every prophet an enemy from among the criminals. But sufficient is your Lord as a guide and a helper.
25: 24-31