Favorite Quran Verses

And [it shall be offered, too, unto the poor from among] those who, before them, had their abode in this realm and in faith - [those] who love all that come to them in search of refuge, and who harbour in their hearts no grudge for whatever the others may have been given, but rather give them preference over themselves, even though poverty be their own lot: for, such as from their own covetousness are saved - it is they, they that shall attain to a happy state! - 59:9

And say [in thy prayer]: "O my Sustainer! Cause me to enter [upon whatever I may do] in a manner .true and sincere, and cause me to leave [it] in a manner true and sincere, and grant me, out of Thy grace, sustaining strength!"
And say: "The truth has now come [to light], and falsehood has withered away: for, behold, all falsehood is bound to wither away!"
THUS, step by step, We bestow from on high through this Qur'an all that gives health [to the spirit] and is a grace unto those who believe [in Us], the while it only adds to the ruin of evildoers
for [it often happens that] when We bestow Our blessings upon man, he turns away and arrogantly keeps aloof [from any thought of Us]; and when evil fortune touches him, he abandons all hope.
Say: "Everyone acts in a manner peculiar to himself -and your Sustainer is fully aware as to who has chosen the best path.
AND THEY will ask thee about [the nature of] divine inspiration. Say: "This inspiration [comes] at my Sustainer's behest; and [you cannot understand its nature, O men, since] you have been granted very little of [real] knowledge.
And if We so willed, We could indeed take away whatever We have revealed unto thee, and in that [state of need] thou wouldst find none to plead in thy behalf before Us.
[Thou art spared] only by thy Sustainer's grace: behold, His favour towards thee is great indeed!
Say: "If all mankind and all invisible beings would come together with a view to producing the like of this Qur'an, they could not produce its like even though they were to exert all their strength in aiding one another!"
For, indeed, many facets have We given in this Qur'an to every kind of lesson [designed] for [the benefit of] mankind! However, most men are unwilling to accept anything but blasphemy.
17: 80-89

“Say: If you desire Divine love then follow the Prophet; He will love you and forgive you your sins. Surely Allah is Most Forgiving, Most Merciful.”
Say: “Pay heed unto God and the Apostle.” And if they turn away - verily, God does not love those who deny the truth. -
BEHOLD, God raised Adam, and Noah, and the House of Abraham, and the House of `Imran above all mankind,
in one line of descent. And God was all-hearing, all-knowing
when a woman of [the House of] `Imran prayed: "O my Sustainer! Behold, unto Thee do I vow [the child] that is in, my womb, to be devoted to Thy service. Accept it, then, from me: verily, Thou alone art all-hearing, all-knowing!"
But when she had given birth to the child, she said: "O my Sustainer! Behold, I have given birth to a female" - the while God had been fully aware of what she would give birth to, and [fully aware] that no male child [she might have hoped for] could ever have been like this female - "and I have named her Mary. And, verily, I seek Thy protection for her and her offspring against Satan, the accursed.
And thereupon her Sustainer accepted the girl-child with goodly acceptance, and caused her to grow up in goodly growth, and placed her in the care of Zachariah. Whenever Zachariah visited her in the sanctuary, he found her provided with food. He would ask: "O Mary, whence came this unto thee?" She would answer: "It is from God; behold, God grants sustenance unto whom He wills, beyond all reckoning."
In that self-same place, Zachariah prayed unto his Sustainer, saying: "O my Sustainer! Bestow upon me [too], out of Thy grace, the gift of goodly offspring; for Thou, indeed, hearest all prayer.
Thereupon, as he stood praying in the sanctuary, the angels called out unto him: "God sends thee the glad tiding of [the birth of] John, who shall confirm the truth of a word from God, and [shall be] outstanding among men, and utterly chaste, and a prophet from among the righteous."
[Zachariah] exclaimed: "O my Sustainer! How can I have a son when old age has already overtaken me, and my wife is barren?" Answered [the angel]: "Thus it is: God does what He wills.
[Zachariah] prayed: "O my Sustainer! Appoint a sign for me!" Said [the angel]: "Thy sign shall be that for three days thou wilt not speak unto men other than by gestures. And remember thy Sustainer unceasingly, and extol His limitless glory by night and by day."
AND LO! The angels said: "O Mary! Behold, God has elected thee and made thee pure, and raised thee above all the women of the world.
O Mary! Remain thou truly devout unto thy Sustainer, and prostrate thyself in worship, and bow down with those who bow down [before Him]
This account of something that was beyond the reach of thy perception We [now] reveal unto thee: for thou wert not with them when they drew lots as to which of them should be Mary's guardian, and thou wert not with them when they contended [about it] with one another.
Lo! The angels said: "O Mary! Behold, God sends thee the glad tiding, through a word from Him, [of a son] who shall become known as the Christ Jesus, son of Mary, of great honour in this world and in the life to come, and [shall be] of those who are drawn near unto God
3:31-45

Last edited:
In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
I swear by the Day of Resurrection, (1) And I swear by the self-reproaching conscience, (that Resurrection is a reality.) (2)
Does man think that We will never reassemble his bones? (3) Why (can We) not (do so), while We are able to reset (even) his fingertips perfectly? 1 (4) But man wishes to go on violating Allah’s injunctions (even in future) ahead of him. (5) He asks, “When will be this Day of Resurrection?” (6)

So, when the eyes will be dazzled, (7) And the moon will lose its light, (8) And the sun and the moon will be joined together, 2 (9) On that day man will say, “Where to escape?” (10)
Never! There will be no refuge at all. (11) On that day, towards your Lord will be the destination (of everyone.) (12) Man will be informed of what he sent ahead and what he left behind. (13) Rather, man will be a witness against himself, (14) Even though he may offer his excuses. (15)

(O Prophet,) do not move your tongue (during revelation) for (reciting) it (the Quran) to receive it in hurry. 3 (16) It is surely undertaken by Us to store it (in your heart), and to let it be recited (by you after revelation is completed). (17) Therefore, when it is recited by Us (through the angel), follow its recitation (by concentration of your heart). (18) Then, it is undertaken by Us to explain it. (19)

Never, (your denial of Resurrection is never based on any sound reason!) Instead, you love that which is immediate, (20)
And neglect the Hereafter. (21)

Many faces, that day, will be glowing, (22) Looking towards their Lord, (23) And many faces, that day, will be gloomy, (24) Realizing that a back-breaking calamity is going to be afflicted on them. (25)

Never, (you will never remain in this world forever!) When the soul (of a patient) reaches the clavicles, (26) And it is said, “Who is an enchanter (that can save him?)” 4 (27) And he realizes that it is (the time of) departure (from the world,) (28) And one shank is intertwined with the other shank, 5 (29) Then on that day, it is to your Lord that one has to be driven. (30)

So (the denier of the Hereafter) neither believed, nor prayed, (31) But rejected the truth and turned away (from it), (32) Then he went to his home, puffed up with pride. (33) (It will be said to such a man,) Woe to you, then woe to you! (34) Again, woe to you, then woe to you! (35)

Does man presume that he will be left unchecked? (36) Was he not an ejaculated drop of semen? (37) Then he became a clot of blood, then He created (him) and made (him) perfect, (38) And made from him two kinds, male and female. (39)

Has He no power to give life to the dead? (40)
surah: 75

And pay heed unto God and the Apostle, so that you might be graced with mercy.
And vie with one another to attain to your Sustainer's forgiveness and to a paradise as vast as the heavens and the earth, which has been readied for the God-conscious
who spend [in His way] in time of plenty and in time of hardship, and hold in check their anger, and pardon their fellow-men because God loves the doers of good; -
and who, when they have committed a shameful deed or have [otherwise] sinned against themselves, remember God and pray that their sins be forgiven - for who but God could forgive sins? - and do not knowingly persist in doing whatever [wrong] they may have done.
These it is who shall have as their reward forgiveness from their Sustainer, and gardens through which running waters flow, therein to abide: and how excellent a reward for those who labour!
[MANY] WAYS of life have passed away before your time. Go, then, about the earth and behold what happened in the end to those who gave the lie to the truth:
3:132-137

In the name of God, the Lord of Grace, the Ever Merciful

This book is bestowed from on high by God, the Almighty, the Wise. It is We who have bestowed on you this revelation from on high, stating the truth. Therefore, worship God alone, sincere in your faith in Him. True devotion is due to God alone. Those who take others besides Him as their protectors say: 'We worship them for no reason other than that they would bring us nearer to God.' God will judge between them concerning all matters on which they differ. God will not grace with guidance anyone who is bent on lying [to himself and is] stubbornly ingrate!
(Quran 39: 1-3)

85 AND [remember:] We have not created the heavens and the earth and all that is between them without [an inner] truth; but, behold, the Hour [when this will become clear to all] is indeed yet to come. Hence, forgive [men's failings] with fair forbearance:
86 verily, thy Sustainer is the all-knowing Creator of all things!
87 AND, INDEED, We have bestowed upon thee seven of the oft-repeated [verses], and [have, thus, laid open before thee] this sublime
88 [so] turn not shine eyes [longingly] towards the worldly benefits which We have granted unto some of those [that deny the truth]. And neither grieve over those [who refuse to heed thee], but spread the wings of thy tenderness over the believers,
89 and say: "Behold, I am indeed the plain warner [promised by God]!"
90 [For, thou art the bearer of a divine writ ] such as We have bestowed from on high upon those who [afterwards] broke it up into parts,
91 [and] who [now] declare this Qur'an to be [a tissue of] falsehoods!
92 But, by thy Sustainer! [On the Day of Judgment] We shall indeed call them to account, one and all,
93 for whatever they have done!
94 Hence, proclaim openly all that thou hast been bidden [to say], and leave alone all those who ascribe divinity to aught beside God: 95 verily, We shall suffice thee against all who [now] deride [this message - all]
96 who assert that there are, side by side with God, other divine powers as well: for in time they will come to know [the truth].
97 And well do We know that thy bosom is constricted by the [blasphemous] things that they say:
98 but extol thou thy Sustainer's limitless glory and, praise Him, and be of those who prostrate themselves [before Him] in adoration,
99 and worship thy Sustainer till death comes to thee.

﴿لَخَلْقُ السَّمَـوَتِ وَالاٌّرْضِ أَكْـبَرُ مِنْ خَلْقِ النَّاسِ﴾

(The creation of the heavens and the earth is indeed greater than the creation of mankind (40:57)

100 Instructions from the Quran

1. Do not be rude in speech (3:159)
2. Restrain anger (3:134)
3. Be good to others (4:36)
4. Do not be arrogant (7:13)
5. Forgive others for their mistakes (7:199)
6. Speak to people mildly (20:44)
7. Lower your voice (31:19)
8. Do not ridicule others (49:11)
9. Be dutiful to parents (17:23)
10. Do not say a word of disrespect to parents (17:23)
11. Do not enter parents’ private room without asking permission (24:58)
12. Write down the debt (2:282)
13. Do not follow anyone blindly (2:170)
14. Grant more time to repay if the debtor is in hard times (2:280)
15. Don’t consume usury (2:275)
16. Do not engage in bribery (2:188)
17. Do not break the promise (2:177)
18. Keep the trust (2:283)
19. Do not mix the truth with falsehood (2:42)
20. Judge with justice between people (4:58)
21. Stand out firmly for justice (4:135)
22. Wealth of the dead should be distributed among their family members (4:7)
23. Women also have the right to inheritance (4:7)
24. Do not devour the property of orphans (4:10)
25. Protect orphans (2:220)
26. Do not consume one another’s wealth unjustly (4:29)
27. Try for settlement between people (49:9)
28. Avoid suspicion (49:12)
29. Do not spy or backbite (49:12)
30. Those who do not judge in accordance to God’s revelations are wrongdoers (5:45)
31. Spend wealth in charity (57:7)
32. Encourage feeding poor (107:3)
33. Help those in need by finding them (2:273)
34. Do not spend money extravagantly (17:29)
35. Do not invalidate charity with reminders (2:264)
36. Honor guests (51:26)
37. Order righteousness to people only after practicing it yourself (2:44)
38. Do not commit abuse on the earth (2:60)
39. Do not prevent people from going to mosques (2:114)
40. Fight only with those who fight you (2:190)
41. Keep the etiquettes of war (2:191)
42. Do not turn back in battle (8:15)
43. No compulsion in religion (2:256)
44. Believe in all prophets (2:285)
45. Do not have sexual intercourse during menstrual period (2:222)
46. Breast feed your children for two complete years (2:233)
47. Do not even approach unlawful sexual intercourse (17:32)
48. Choose rulers by their merit (2:247)
49. Do not burden a person beyond their scope (2:286)
50. Do not become divided (3:103)
51. Think deeply about the wonders and creation of this universe (3:191)
52. Men and Women have equal rewards for their deeds (3:195)
53. Do not marry those in your blood relation (4:23)
54. Men are protectors of women (4:34)
55. Do not be miserly (4:37)
56. Do not keep envy (4:54)
57. Do not kill each other (4:92)
58. Do not be an advocate for deceit (4:105)
59. Do not cooperate in sin and aggression (5:2)
60. Cooperate in righteousness (5:2)
61. ’Having majority’ is not a criterion of truth (6:116)
62. Be just (5:8)
63. Punish for crimes in an exemplary way (5:38)
64. Strive against sinful and unlawful acts (5:63)
65. Dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine are prohibited (5:3)
66. Avoid intoxicants and alcohol (5:90)
67. Do not gamble (5:90)
68. Do not insult others’ deities (6:108)
69. Don’t reduce weight or measure to cheat people (6:152)
70. Eat and drink, but be not excessive (7:31)
71. Wear good clothes during prayer times (7:31)
72. Protect and help those who seek protection (9:6)
73. Keep purity (9:108)
74. Never give up hope of Allah’s Mercy (12:87)
75. Allah will forgive those who have done wrong out of ignorance (16:119)
76. Invitation to God should be with wisdom and good instruction (16:125)
77. No one will bear others’ sins (17:15)
78. Do not kill your children for fear of poverty (17:31)
79. Do not pursue that of which you have no knowledge (17:36)
80. Keep aloof from what is vain (23:3)
81. Do not enter others’ houses without seeking permission (24:27)
82. Allah will provide security for those who believe only in Allah (24:55)
83. Walk on earth in humility (25:63)
84. Do not neglect your portion of this world (28:77)
85. Invoke not any other god along with Allah (28:88)
86. Do not engage in homosexuality (29:29)
87. Enjoin right, forbid wrong (31:17)
88. Do not walk in insolence through the earth (31:18)
89. Women should not display their finery (33:33)
90. Allah forgives all sins (39:53)
91. Do not despair of the mercy of Allah (39:53)
92. Repel evil by good (41:34)
93. Decide on affairs by consultation (42:38)
94. Most noble of you is the most righteous (49:13)
95. No monasticism in religion (57:27)
96. Those who have knowledge will be given a higher degree by Allah (58:11)
97. Treat non-Muslims in a kind and fair manner (60:8)
98. Save yourself from covetousness (64:16)
99. Seek forgiveness of Allah. He is Forgiving and Merciful (73:20)
100. Do not repel the petitioner/beggar (93:10)

Surah Al Mutaffifin
(Chapter: The Defrauding)

Some produce in the UK is becoming expensive (Brexit being a major factor) so I was reminded by these verses. I think it's important for business owners to remain transparent and fair with what they're offering and to not take advantage of a desperate or struggling nation.

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
Woe to those who give less [than due],
83:2

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
Who, when they take a measure from people, take in full.

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
But if they give by measure or by weight to them, they cause loss.

“And it is He who sends the winds as good tidings before His mercy until, when they have carried heavy rainclouds, We drive them to a dead land and We send down rain therein and bring forth thereby [some] of all the fruits. Thus will We bring forth the dead; perhaps you may be reminded.” (7:57)

“It is Allah who sends the winds, and they stir the clouds and spread them in the sky however He wills, and He makes them fragments so you see the rain emerge from within them. And when He causes it to fall upon whom He wills of His servants, immediately they rejoice.” (30:48)

“It is He who shows you lightening, [causing] fear and aspiration, and generates the heavy clouds.” (13:12)

80Yc.gif

“And it is He who sends down rain from the sky, and We produce thereby the growth of all things. We produce from it greenery from which We produce grains arranged in layers. And from the palm trees – of its emerging fruit are clusters hanging low. And [We produce] gardens of grapevines and olives and pomegranates, similar yet varied. Look at [each of] its fruit when it yields and [at] its ripening. Indeed in that are signs for a people who believe.” (Qur’an, 6:99)
eb223f5ce629d66ae9a02d5afeace013.gif

But they have attributed to Allah partners - the jinn, while He has created them - and have fabricated for Him sons and daughters. Exalted is He and high above what they describe
6:100

[He is] Originator of the heavens and the earth. How could He have a son when He does not have a companion and He created all things? And He is, of all things, Knowing.
6:101

That is Allah, your Lord; there is no deity except Him, the Creator of all things, so worship Him. And He is Disposer of all things.
6:102

Vision perceives Him not, but He perceives [all] vision; and He is the Subtle, the Acquainted.
6:103
orchid_800x600.gif

But they have attributed to Allah partners - the jinn, while He has created them - and have fabricated for Him sons and daughters. Exalted is He and high above what they describe
6:100

[He is] Originator of the heavens and the earth. How could He have a son when He does not have a companion and He created all things? And He is, of all things, Knowing.
6:101

That is Allah, your Lord; there is no deity except Him, the Creator of all things, so worship Him. And He is Disposer of all things.
6:102

Vision perceives Him not, but He perceives [all] vision; and He is the Subtle, the Acquainted.
6:103
View attachment 25264
Yeah, 6:103 completely caught me off-guard when I originally first read Surah Al-Anʻām. That ayat itself (as with the rest of the Surah itself) is incredibly profound. The following ayat (6:104) is an important addition to the above:
"Indeed there have come to you clear proofs from your Lord; whoever will therefore see, it is for his own soul and whoever will be blind, it shall be against himself and I am not a keeper over you."

Also, on 6:103, "the subtle" is a name of Allah: al-Latif.
And, "the acquainted/aware" is another name of Allah: al-Khabir.

The inner meaning of this is that Allah is pure subtly (far more subtle to anything in Creation such as atoms and particles) and is pure awareness. Vision does not perceive Allah because all vision is through Allah and all awareness is through Allah. The highest awareness is also that which can only been deliberately sought through the Unity of Allah swt.
There are a lot of inexhaustible depths here, the Qur'an overflows with it :D

Yeah, 6:103 completely caught me off-guard when I originally first read Surah Al-Anʻām. That ayat itself (as with the rest of the Surah itself) is incredibly profound. The following ayat (6:104) is an important addition to the above:
"Indeed there have come to you clear proofs from your Lord; whoever will therefore see, it is for his own soul and whoever will be blind, it shall be against himself and I am not a keeper over you."

Also, on 6:103, "the subtle" is a name of Allah: al-Latif.
And, "the acquainted/aware" is another name of Allah: al-Khabir.

The inner meaning of this is that Allah is pure subtly (far more subtle to anything in Creation such as atoms and particles) and is pure awareness. Vision does not perceive Allah because all vision is through Allah and all awareness is through Allah. The highest awareness is also that which can only been deliberately sought through the Unity of Allah swt.
There are a lot of inexhaustible depths here, the Qur'an overflows with it :D
Nicely explained..

images (2).jpeg