Favorite Quran Verses

DesertRose

Superstar
“Those who follow the Messenger,
the unlettered prophet,
whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel,
who enjoins upon them what is right and forbids them what is wrong
and makes lawful for them the good things and prohibits for them the evil
and relieves them of their burden and the shackles which were upon them.
So they who have believed in him, honored him, supported him and followed the light which was sent down with him
– it is those who will be the successful”

(Holy Quran 7:157).

Allah’s love for us:
“God says: ‘I am to my servant as he expects of Me.
I am with him when he remembers Me.
If he remembers Me in his heart, I remember him to Myself,
and if he remembers me in an assembly,
I mention him in an assembly better than his,
and if he draws nearer to Me a hand’s span,
I draw nearer to him an arm’s length,
and if he draws nearer to Me an arm’s length,
I draw nearer to him a fathom length,
and if he comes to me walking,
I rush to him at (great) speed.”

(Hadith of the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, recorded in Bukhari and Muslim)

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
When Allah's succour and the triumph cometh
And thou seest mankind entering the religion of Allah in multitudes,
Then hymn the praises of thy Lord, and seek forgiveness of Him.
Lo! He is ever ready to show mercy.

DesertRose

Superstar
Indeed, We have created the human being upon the best of forms.
Then we reduced him to the lowest of the low, except those who believe and do good,
for they shall have an unending reward.
So who henceforth will give the lie to you about the judgment?
Is not God the Best of Judges? (Quran 95:4-8)

DesertRose

Superstar
14:22
And Satan will say when the matter has been concluded, "Indeed, Allah had promised you the promise of truth. And I promised you, but I betrayed you. But I had no authority over you except that I invited you, and you responded to me. So do not blame me; but blame yourselves. I cannot be called to your aid, nor can you be called to my aid. Indeed, I deny your association of me [with Allah ] before. Indeed, for the wrongdoers is a painful punishment."

Last edited:

yannick

Veteran
14:22
And Satan will say when the matter has been concluded, "Indeed, Allah had promised you the promise of truth. And I promised you, but I betrayed you. But I had no authority over you except that I invited you, and you responded to me. So do not blame me; but blame yourselves. I cannot be called to your aid, nor can you be called to my aid. Indeed, I deny your association of me [with Allah ] before. Indeed, for the wrongdoers is a painful punishment."

Even Satan fears Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'ala. How can anybody allow himself/herself not to have Taqwa?
And how can I resist stealing this beautiful GIF? :) Thanks a bunch!

DesertRose

Superstar
re: paradise
“And We shall remove from their hearts any deep feeling of bitterness (that they may have).
(So they will be like) brothers facing each other on thrones.
No sense of fatigue shall touch them, nor shall they (ever) be asked to leave it”
[al-Hijr 15:47-48]

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
60:8
Allah does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them.
Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly.

49:13
O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

18:110. Say: "I am only a man like yourselves, (but) the inspiration has come to me, that your God is One God: whoever expects to meet his Lord, let him work righteousness, and, in the worship of his Lord, admit no one as His partner.

yannick

Veteran
Surah 1, Al-Faatiha (Chapter 1, The Opening), Verse 6

Swiraatwal Ladheena An'amta 'Alayhim

The path of those on whom You Have Bestowed Your Favors

22ca09fa7e58a9d20b7e5eea11bbe588.jpg

DesertRose

Superstar
And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine.
And whosoever puts his trust in Allah,
then He will suffice him.
Verily, Allah will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things. (Quran 65:3)

The path of those on whom You Have Bestowed Your Favors
Ameen.

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
13:19-24
Then is he who knows that what has been revealed to you from your Lord is the truth like one who is blind? They will only be reminded who are people of understanding -
Those who fulfill the covenant of Allah and do not break the contract,
And those who join that which Allah has ordered to be joined and fear their Lord and are afraid of the evil of [their] account,
And those who are patient, seeking the countenance of their Lord, and establish prayer and spend from what We have provided for them secretly and publicly and prevent evil with good - those will have the good consequence of [this] home -
Gardens of perpetual residence; they will enter them with whoever were righteous among their fathers, their spouses and their descendants. And the angels will enter upon them from every gate, [saying],

"Peace be upon you for what you patiently endured. And excellent is the final home."

DesertRose

Superstar
{And some among them are illiterate common people, who have no knowledge of the Book,
[believing] only wishful fancies,
and they depend on nothing but conjecture.
Woe, also, unto those who write [the meanings of] the Book with their own hands,
then say, ‘This is from Allah’, that they may acquire thereby a little price…}
(Al-Baqarah 2: 78-9)

I am surprised this thread does not exist.

What are some of your favorite and most beautiful Quran verses?

The one that has stuck with me for years is

Do they not look at the birds, held poised in the midst of (the air and) the sky? Nothing holds them up but (the power of) Allah. Verily in this are signs for those who believe.

-Surah 16:79
Favorite Quran verses do not present the Gospel, nor do they have anything to do with the gospel of Salvation in Jesus Christ. Nothing else matters on this earth then the worship of God in Jesus Christ....everything else is futile without Christ.. There is by no other name under the Sun that a man may have eternal life than Christ Jesus. Name association does not give one favor with Christ. The Quran can mention Christ as much as they want...but they do not recognize His purpose and Deity! Mohamed was Judaized before he started the Muslim religion and has incorporated much of the Bible into His religion, but has added to the word of God that has made it non compatible with the faith of the born again believer. You need to choose one or the other...you can not have two masters. It is either Christ or Mohamed. It is just the Truth, and few people will receive it.

DesertRose

Superstar
Favorite Quran verses do not present the Gospel, nor do they have anything to do with the gospel of Salvation in Jesus Christ.
It is either Christ or Mohamed. It is just the Truth, and few people will receive it.
Greetings, Douglas you come across as a respectful person please respect the intent of this thread. Stay in your lane.
By the way that statement is offensive we do not worship the Prophets we worship God.
Rest easy it is God who guides truthseekers and those who are inclined to His path not people.

"Muslims believe that God sent many revelations to humanity throughout history, and over time they underwent changes from their original form. However, God chose to preserve His message to humanity in His final revelation, the Quran.
Many people mistakenly believe that the Quran was authored by Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h). In fact, the Quran is the preserved speech of God."
for more: https://www.whyislam.org/quran/quran-the-word-of-god/

Last edited:
Greetings, Douglas you come across as a respectful person please respect the intent of this thread. Stay in your lane.
This has nothing to do with staying in a lane. Your answers are void of Spiritual sense. Do you agree with God when He says, all men are sinners, and the Gift of God's sacrifice for our sins in Jesus Christ is available to all who confess their sins in Jesus. Do you believe this?

DesertRose

Superstar
By asking you to stay in your lane, I mean that this thread is not for the purposes of discussion you are welcome to make a thread for the purpose of discussion. Although we have covered these issues many times before.:)

Do you agree with God when He says, all men are sinners, and the Gift of God's sacrifice for our sins in Jesus Christ is available to all who confess their sins in Jesus. Do you believe this?
I do not, because I know that the Creator is sufficient for forgiving sins. He is the all Merciful All forgiving for those who repent.I agree we sin and that we are imperfect.
That is why the Creator wants us to turn to him and rely on Him and trust in Him and his forgiveness. Our lives revolve around this and in pleasing him.
We do not require an innocent to be sacrificed for this purpose.
The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “The one who repents from sin is like one who did not sin.”

To highlight his All encompassing forgiveness:
I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) say: Allah the Almighty said: O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it. It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal #34).

Here is an explanation about salvation in Islam from someone who used to be baptist hope it helps. God willing you will find the spiritual sense there:):

Salvation in Islam
What kind of salvation is provided in Islam?
http://www.justaskislam.com/23/salvation-in-islam/

Last edited: