Favorite Bible Verses

Lyfe

Star
The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath. Proverbs 15:24

Lyfe

Star
A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit. Proverbs 15:4

Axl888

Established
Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not be arrogant and so lie against the truth. This wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly, natural, demonic. - James 3:13-15

Lyfe

Star
How shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed thereto according to Thy word. Psalm 119:9

Twice&I

Established
Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity. Ecclesiastes 1:2

Lyfe

Star
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. Romans 14:17

phipps

Star
1 Corinthians 3:16-17, "Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are."

1 Corinthians 6:19-20, "Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s."

1 Corinthians 10:31, "Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."

TruthExposer

Established
"And I heard the number of those who were sealed: one hundred forty-four thousand, sealed out of every tribe of the children of Israel" (Revelation 7:2)

Proverbs 9:7-9

7 “He who corrects a scoffer gets shame for himself, And he who rebukes a wicked man only harms himself.
8 Do not correct a scoffer, lest he hate you; Rebuke a wise man, and he will love you.
9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser; Teach a just man, and he will increase in learning."

Lyfe

Star
Psalm 139:7-13
King James Version

7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

Lyfe

Star
Isaiah 32:6
For the fool speaks folly,
and his heart is busy with iniquity,
to practice ungodliness,
to utter error concerning the Lord,

Lurking009

Veteran
Absolute rock solid truth in a world where truth is condemned and considered shameful -

Acts 4:10 “It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. 11 He is ‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the capstone. 12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”

Last edited:

Lyfe

Star
Isaiah 57:14-21
English Standard Version

Comfort for the Contrite
14 And it shall be said,
(A)“Build up, build up, prepare the way,
remove every obstruction from my people's way.”
15 For thus says (B)the One who is high and lifted up,
who inhabits eternity, whose name is(C)Holy:
(D)“I dwell in the high and holy place,
and also (E)with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit,
(F)to revive the spirit of the lowly,
and to revive the heart of the contrite.
16 (G)For I will not contend forever,
nor will I always be angry;
for the spirit would grow faint before me,
and the breath of life that I made.
17 Because of the iniquity of his (H)unjust gain I was angry,
I struck him; I hid my face and was angry,
but he went on backsliding in the way of his own heart.
18 I have seen his ways, (I)but I will heal him;
I will lead him (J)and restore comfort to him and his mourners,
19 (K)creating (L)the fruit of the lips.
(M)Peace, peace, (N)to the far and to the near,” says the Lord,
(O)“and I will heal him.
20 (P)But the wicked are like the tossing sea;
for it cannot be quiet,
and its waters toss up mire and dirt.
21 (Q)There is no peace,” says my God, “for the wicked.”

Lyfe

Star
Isaiah 58:6-9
English Standard Version

6 “Is not this the fast that I choose:
(A)to loose the bonds of wickedness,
to undo the straps (B)of the yoke,
to let the oppressed[a] go free,
and to break every yoke?
7 Is it not (C)to share your bread with the hungry
and bring the homeless poor into your house;
when you see the naked, to cover him,
(D)and not to hide yourself from your own flesh?
8 (E)Then shall your light break forth like the dawn,
(F)and your healing shall spring up speedily;
(G)your righteousness shall go before you;
(H)the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.
9 Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer;
you shall cry, and he will say, ‘Here I am.’
If you take away (I)the yoke from your midst,
(J)the pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness,

Lyfe

Star
1 John 3:9 AMP
No one who is born of God [deliberately, knowingly, and habitually] practices sin, because God’s seed [His principle of life, the essence of His righteous character] remains [permanently] in him [who is born again—who is reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, and set apart for His purpose]; and he [who is born again] cannot habitually [live a life characterized by] sin, because he is born of God and longs to please Him.

Lyfe

Star
Isaiah 59:1-4
English Standard Version

Evil and Oppression
59 Behold, (A)the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save,
or his ear dull, that it cannot hear;
2 (B)but your iniquities have made a separation
between you and your God,
and your sins have hidden his face from you
so that he does not hear.
3 (C)For your hands are defiled with blood
and your fingers with iniquity;
your lips have spoken lies;
your tongue mutters wickedness.
4 (D)No one enters suit justly;
no one goes to law honestly;
they rely on empty pleas, they speak lies,
(E)they conceive mischief and give birth to iniquity.

Lyfe

Star
Isaiah 59:14-16
King James Version

14 And judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter.
15 Yea, truth faileth; and he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey: and the Lord saw it, and it displeased him that there was no judgment.
16 And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.

Lyfe

Star
Jeremiah 6:16-17 ESV
Thus says the LORD: “Stand by the roads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls. But they said, ‘We will not walk in it.’ I set watchmen over you, saying, ‘Pay attention to the sound of the trumpet!’ But they said, ‘We will not pay attention.’

Lyfe

Star
Psalm 119:137-138
King James Version

137 Righteous art thou, O Lord, and upright are thy judgments.
138 Thy testimonies that thou hast commanded are righteous and very faithful.

Lyfe

Star
Job 32

32 So these three men ceased to answer Job, because he was (A)righteous in his own eyes.2 Then Elihu the son of Barachel (B)the Buzite, of the family of Ram, burned with anger. He burned with anger at Job because he justified himself (C)rather than God. 3 He burned with anger also at Job's three friends because they had found no answer, although they had (D)declared Job to be in the wrong. 4 Now Elihu had waited to speak to Job because they were older than he. 5 And when Elihu saw that there was no answer in the mouth of these three men, he burned with anger.