Favorite Bible Verses

Lisa

Superstar
‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭18:25-27‬ ‭
So Elijah said to the prophets of Baal, “Choose one ox for yourselves and prepare it first for you are many, and call on the name of your god, but put no fire under it. ” Then they took the ox which was given them and they prepared it and called on the name of Baal from morning until noon saying, “O Baal, answer us.” But there was no voice and no one answered. And they leaped about the altar which they made. It came about at noon, that Elijah mocked them and said, “Call out with a loud voice, for he is a god; either he is occupied or gone aside, or is on a journey, or perhaps he is asleep and needs to be awakened.

And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God, so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small.”
Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army. But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. The rest were killed with the sword coming out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.

- Revelation 19:17-21

Romans
12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] Mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head (burn out his enmity).
12:21 Be not overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Are ye not partial in your selves, and are become Judges of evil thoughts?
Hearken my beloved brethren, hath not God chosen the poor of this world, that they should be rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he promised to them that love him?
But ye have despised the poor. Do not the rich oppress you by tyranny, and do they not draw you before the judgment seats?
Do not they blaspheme the worthy Name after which ye be named?
But if ye fulfill the royal Law according to the Scripture, which saith, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself, ye do well.
But if ye regard the persons, ye commit sin, and are rebuked of the Law, as transgressors.
For whosoever shall keep the whole Law, and yet faileth in one point, he is guilty of all.
For he that said, Thou shalt not commit adultery, said also, Thou shalt not kill. Now though thou doest none adultery, yet if thou killest, thou art a transgressor of the Law.
So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judgeth by the Law of liberty.
For there shall be condemnation merciless to him that showeth not mercy, and mercy rejoiceth against condemnation.
What availeth it my brethren, though a man saith, he hath faith, when he hath no works? can that faith save him?
For if a brother or a sister be naked and destitute of daily food,
And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace: warm yourselves, and fill your bellies, notwithstanding ye give them not those things, which are needful to the body, what helpeth it?
Even so the faith, if it have no works, is dead in itself.
But some man might say, Thou hast the faith, and I have works: show me thy faith out of thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works.
Thou believest that there is one God: thou doest well: the devils also believe it, and tremble.
But wilt thou understand, O thou vain man, that the faith which is without works, is dead?
Was not Abraham our father justified through works, when he offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Seest thou not that the faith wrought with his works? and through the works was the faith made perfect.
And the Scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the friend of God.

Ye see then how that of works a man is justified, and not of faith only."
- James 2:4-24

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Romans‬ ‭8:2-4‬ ‭
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
‭‭

Lisa

Superstar
Hallelujah!!

Acts‬ ‭16:29-34‬ ‭
And he called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas, and after he brought them out, he said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” They said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.” And they spoke the word of the Lord to him together with all who were in his house. And he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household. And he brought them into his house and set food before them, and rejoiced greatly, having believed in God with his whole household.
‭‭