Favorite Bible Verses

Is that why you’re here then, those aren’t actually your favorite Bible verses?
I’d have to be pretty messed up for those to be my favorite verses.

My actual favorites are the beatitudes, whose beauty truth and wisdom even I won’t deny ( divorce passage aside )

Lisa

Superstar
I’d have to be pretty messed up for those to be my favorite verses.

My actual favorites are the beatitudes, whose beauty truth and wisdom even I won’t deny ( divorce passage aside )
Then why post them in favorite Bible verses? Perhaps you should open a thread about the verses you dislike?

Then why post them in favorite Bible verses? Perhaps you should open a thread about the verses you dislike?

Because I can, they are some of my favorite passages in the sense they show that much of the Bible is evil and immoral, making claims of inerrancy and infallibility and literal interpretations evil and immoral.

Lisa

Superstar
Because I can, they are some of my favorite passages in the sense they show that much of the Bible is evil and immoral, making claims of inerrancy and infallibility and literal interpretations evil and immoral.
The Bible has evil and immoral things in it..that’s for sure, humans are sinners after all. But are you also equating God as immoral and evil? Because He is neither of those things.

The Bible has evil and immoral things in it..that’s for sure, humans are sinners after all. But are you also equating God as immoral and evil? Because He is neither of those things.
If the myth is to be believed are those not laws and commands to the Israelites from God Himself? If so then yes, those commands are evil and immoral, making the commander evil and immoral.

Lisa

Superstar
If the myth is to be believed are those not laws and commands to the Israelites from God Himself? If so then yes, those commands are evil and immoral, making the commander evil and immoral.
Yes it is the commands of God to His people Israel.

I suppose it could be looked at that way...however God had His reasons for ordering His army. Everyone would know He is God and that He executes His judgements on His people and the world.

Yes it is the commands of God to His people Israel.

I suppose it could be looked at that way...however God had His reasons for ordering His army. Everyone would know He is God and that He executes His judgements on His people and the world.
I’ve heard all the excuses. So indiscriminate punishment is justified? The women and children being raped and slaughtered or sold in slavery is somehow justified because God did it? At anytime he could have revealed himself to those people and been like “Hey I’m God watch me show my awesome power, now worship me LOL” instead he has his “people” exterminate them.

Why can’t someone with damaged genitalia go to the house of the Lord? Why is God so petty about physical appearances? Why does he think it’s ok to hold people as property? Why is is justified to cut off a woman’s hand if she helps her husband who is being attacked by going after the attackers weak spot?

To call any of this moral or justified says more about the believer than it ever will of me.

Lisa

Superstar
I’ve heard all the excuses. So indiscriminate punishment is justified? The women and children being raped and slaughtered or sold in slavery is somehow justified because God did it? At anytime he could have revealed himself to those people and been like “Hey I’m God watch me show my awesome power, now worship me LOL” instead he has his “people” exterminate them.

Why can’t someone with damaged genitalia go to the house of the Lord? Why is God so petty about physical appearances? Why does he think it’s ok to hold people as property? Why is is justified to cut off a woman’s hand if she helps her husband who is being attacked by going after the attackers weak spot?

To call any of this moral or justified says more about the believer than it ever will of me.
Where did it say the women and children were raped?

Actually being a slave to a Jew was better than anywhere else. We may not like that there was slavery but there has always been slavery.

Well, they did know God’s power and they were scared of Him. One of the kings hired Balaam to curse the Israelite’s so he could kill all of them. So it’s not like those people wanted to live peacefully among them. They couldn’t kill the Israelites because God wouldn’t let them. So those people you think were so brutally cut down by God wanted to wipe out Israel even when they knew about their God.

Does the damaged genitalia story bother you because you have damaged genitalia yourself? It sounds as if you are looking for things to hate the Lord.

I don’t think God is petty about physical appearances since He looks at people’s hearts and not the outward appearance.

It’s funny you should say that...are you the moral standard for living? Do you think you are more moral than God?

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
No one took Jesus’ life, He laid it down on His own

Matthew 26:52-54‬ ‭
Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back into its place; for all those who take up the sword shall perish by the sword. Or do you think that I cannot appeal to My Father, and He will at once put at My disposal more than twelve legions of angels? How then will the Scriptures be fulfilled, which say that it must happen this way?”

‭‭ ‭John 10:17-18‬ ‭
“For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it again. No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father.”

Philippians 2:6-8‬ ‭
Who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
‭‭​