Favorite Bible Verses

elsbet

Superstar
"And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night" -Exodus 13:21 KJV

View attachment 18407

PILLAR OF CLOUD BY DAY

PILLAR OF FIRE AT NIGHT

View attachment 18408
Interesting.

Then the Angel of God, who had gone before the camp of Israel, withdrew and went behind them.

The pillar of cloud also moved from before them and stood behind them, so that it came between the camps of Egypt and Israel.

EXODUS 14:19-20

Interesting.

Then the Angel of God, who had gone before the camp of Israel, withdrew and went behind them.

The pillar of cloud also moved from before them and stood behind them, so that it came between the camps of Egypt and Israel.

EXODUS 14:19-20
Wind shifts. Our perception of what direction something is coming from can change drastically based off factors like time of day, direction we are travelling, various weather factors etc

Exodus 19:18 Mount Sinai was covered with smoke, because the LORD descended on it in fire. The smoke billowed up from it like smoke from a furnace, and the whole mountain trembled violently.

elsbet

Superstar
Wind shifts. Our perception of what direction something is coming from can change drastically based off factors like time of day, direction we are travelling, various weather factors etc

Exodus 19:18 Mount Sinai was covered with smoke, because the LORD descended on it in fire. The smoke billowed up from it like smoke from a furnace, and the whole mountain trembled violently.
Ahh... reminds me of the Waponi Wu, who must offer a sacrifice to the Volcano god every century.

They believe that the fire god of the volcano on their island must be appeased by a voluntary human sacrifice once every century, but none of the Waponis are willing to volunteer this time around. Graynamore offers to pay for whatever Joe wants to enjoy his final days, as long as he jumps into the volcano within 20 days. With nothing to lose, Joe accepts.

Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how big... thank you. Thank you for my life.
-JOE BANKS, Looking up at the Moon
Joe VS the Volcano

Highly underrated movie, ime. :)

JoChris

Superstar
For 16th day of the month:
Proverbs 16:3 commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.

This is your God. Your God is the God of r*pe

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 King James Version (KJV)

28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;
29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

JoChris

Superstar
This is your God. Your God is the God of r*pe

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 King James Version (KJV)

28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;

29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.
At that time, a woman of other cultures would have been murdered or forced to be a prostitute. https://www.gotquestions.org/Deuteronomy-22-28-29-marry-rapist.html

God was being merciful to the woman.

----
Psalm 103:10 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+103&version=KJV

JoChris

Superstar
God could have said " HEY IM GODTHIS IS BULLSHIT TOO" if it is better than what other bullshit societies said who fucking cares. I would rather be murdered than marry my rapist. Fuck your idea of God.
Via your hostility, you revealed your true self finally. At least other people will see you as you are now.

Was God being merciful to women of that time period - a thinking man would never want to marry a woman who already hated him - YES or NO?

Via your hostility, you revealed your true self finally. At least other people will see you as you are now.

Was God being merciful to women of that time period - a thinking man would never want to marry a woman who already hated him - YES or NO?
God would have been totally merciful and spared women from the plight a long time ago.

@Gnostic Christian Bishop was right about all you from the start

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
God would have been totally merciful and spared women from the plight a long time ago.

@Gnostic Christian Bishop was right about all you jerk offs from the start
Do a quick Google search for that name. He cuts and pastes the same links and paraphrases the same content everywhere he goes, whether atheist, political or religious.

So what caused the hostility towards Christians for you personally?

JoChris

Superstar
Turning my sister into a reproductive vessel.
I am sorry but I don't understand how you making a personal decision to turn against Christianity has anything to do with your sister's personal decision to have children (Is it a cultural difference between USA and Australia e.g. Christians expected to have large families? :confused: )

There has to be more to the equation than that.

JoChris

Superstar
John 12:24 [Jesus said] Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

No small print. You will go to Heaven if you believe in Jesus.

Lisa

Superstar
Jeremiah‬ ‭17:7‬
Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD.​
‭‭

Allegra

Veteran
Galatians 6:6-10 Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word should share all good things with their instructor. Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

And my personal fav verses:

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
- ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:28‬ ‭ESV‬

“God is my refuge and God is my strength a very present help in trouble”

“Search me o God and know my heart. Try me and know my thoughts and see if there be any wicked way in me and lead me in the way of everlasting”

I will edit this post with the exact chapter and verse lol I don’t remember! I know they’re from Psalm, my fav.
There are so many~ bible is a fountain of life. It has everything and everything He makes right.

Lisa

Superstar
John 1:29
The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world?​

Allegra

Veteran
Matthew 9:37
Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;

John 9:4
I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

Lisa

Superstar
John 4:24‬ ‭
God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.​
‭‭

Lisa

Superstar
2 Corinthians ‬ ‭6:1-10‬ ‭
And working together with Him, we also urge you not to receive the grace of God in vain— for He says, “AT THE ACCEPTABLE TIME I LISTENED TO YOU, AND ON THE DAY OF SALVATION I HELPED YOU.” Behold, now is “THE ACCEPTABLE TIME,” behold, now is “THE DAY OF SALVATION ”— giving no cause for offense in anything, so that the ministry will not be discredited, but in everything commending ourselves as servants of God, in much endurance, in afflictions, in hardships, in distresses, in beatings, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labors, in sleeplessness, in hunger, in purity, in knowledge, in patience, in kindness, in the Holy Spirit, in genuine love, in the word of truth, in the power of God; by the weapons of righteousness for the right hand and the left, by glory and dishonor, by evil report and good report; regarded as deceivers and yet true; as unknown yet well-known, as dying yet behold, we live; as punished yet not put to death, as sorrowful yet always rejoicing, as poor yet making many rich, as having nothing yet possessing all things.​