Favorite Bible Verses

Rec

Rookie
"Light has come into the world, and men loved darkness more than light. For their works were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the Light and does not go toward the Light, so that his works may not be corrected. ... I have arrived as a light to the world, so that all who believe in me might not remain in darkness. And if anyone has heard my words and not kept them, I do not judge him. For I did not come so that I may judge the world, but so that I may save the world."

IC XC
NI KA

- John 3:19b-20,12:46-47

Rec

Rookie
"But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, would say to him, as he was returning from the field, ‘Come in immediately; sit down to eat,’ and would not say to him: ‘Prepare my dinner; gird yourself and minister to me, while I eat and drink; and after these things, you shall eat and drink?’ Would he be grateful to that servant, for doing what he commanded him to do? I think not. So too, when you have done all these things that have been taught to you, you should say: ‘We are useless servants. We have done what we should have done.’ ”

- Luke 17:7-10

Violette

Star
“For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:38-39‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
I love Romans :)

cfowen

Established
These are the 7 passages I have on my computer desktop, thanks to some great free software called Effecient Sticky Notes. All but the first one are from Paul's last 7 books. The truths expressed in them are found nowhere else in scripture.

Eccl 7:5
"It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools."

Titus 2:13 (Not the rapture)
"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;"

Eph 1:3
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:"

Col 3:1-4
1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory."

Col 1:26-27
26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Eph 3:9
And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

2Tim 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Last edited:

vigilante71

Established
"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." 1 Corinthians 10:13.

It actually reminds me of this verse in Quran: "God does not charge a soul except [with that within] its capacity." 2:286.

EpistemiX

Established
Joel 2: 12-14

12 “Even now,” declares the LORD, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.”

13 Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the LORD your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.

Call it Ramadan, or Lent - the principle is the same. But the Christians do not practice it anymore. It seems it is the Muslims who are faithful to this covenant now.

floss

Star
Joel 2: 12-14

12 “Even now,” declares the LORD, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.”

13 Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the LORD your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.

Call it Ramadan, or Lent - the principle is the same. But the Christians do not practice it anymore. It seems it is the Muslims who are faithful to this covenant now.
Actually, we don't announce to the world that "hey, I'm fasting for a whole month!". We do it secretly unlike Muslim and Catholics [Lent, where they disfigured their face to let other know they're fasting]. These hypocrites are only holy outwardly.

Matthew 6:16-18 King James Version (KJV)
16 Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
17 But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face;
18 That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.

Therefore, Muslims fasting openly for a whole month is pretty useless. No doubts, they have their rewards now.

Last edited:
"Take no thought for your life"
"Watch and pray"
"Be perfect, as your Father in Heaven is perfect"

Absolutely radical statements from the Christ, Jesus.

And a beautiful prayer which shows the reciprocity between us and God
"Glorify thy Son, that Thy Son may glorify Thee"

Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday. - Psalm 37
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. Psalm 90

And I think my absolute favorite is - "For the Spirit which is in man searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God"

Last edited:

floss

Star
You observe [keep fasts for] Lent?

No Christians I know observe it! None.
I don’t observe Lent, that is Catholics. I was showing you how Catholics goes against the Bible, similar to Muslims. Read again, I said we don’t announce our fasting...

I don’t need a special month to fast. Pretty much no body will know that I’m fasting beside the Lord.

EpistemiX

Established
I don’t observe Lent, that is Catholics. I was showing you how Catholics goes against the Bible, similar to Muslims. Read again, I said we don’t announce our fasting...

I don’t need a special month to fast. Pretty much no body will know that I’m fasting beside the Lord.
So you're not Christian then, got it!

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@floss is as much a Christian as I am!!!

I like these verses, being bad at keeping diary dates myself!!!

Romans 14

5One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. 7For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.8For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. 9For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

cfowen

Established
Catholics are border line Christians. Their doctrine is about 95% non-Biblical paganism or oral traditions and the other 5% is sort-of Biblical Christianity plus a bunch of added made-up stuff that the Catholics are famous for. They straddle the fence as far as salvation is concerned. Many are not saved. Their numbers are inflated because they attract pagans in 3rd world countries and their pagan religions blend in perfectly with pagan Catholism - Mexico, or any other country with an abhorrent Spanish history, are perfect examples. Everyone on the planet knows these things, except the Catholics. Never argue with a Catholic because they have learned they must be perennial liars in order to support and promote their fake religion and they're really good at the lying. Sort of like Islamists, JWs, and Mormons. The Catholics are better at it, though, since they've been practicing it longer, about 1700-1800 years, but certainly not as long as 2000 years.

A Few of Today's Favorite Bible Passages - there are a lot more that condemn this abominable church.

Mt 23:9
And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Mk 7:7-9, 13
7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Mk 2:7
Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?

Mt 6:7
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Ex 20:4
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above
, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

Heb 10:10-11
10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:

1Tim 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator (but no mediatrix) between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1Tim 4:3
Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

A Favorite Website - Kind of hokey, but hits the mark with its voluminous truth about this obscene fake religion, Catholicism.
https://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/Roman Catholicism/catholic_vs_bible.htm

Last edited: