Favorite Bible Verses

Camidria

Veteran
1 Corinthians 1:18‭-‬21 AMPC

http://bible.com/8/1co.1.18-21.AMPC

For the story and message of the cross is sheer absurdity and folly to those who are perishing and on their way to perdition, but to us who are being saved it is the [manifestation of] the power of God. For it is written, I will baffle and render useless and destroy the learning of the learned and the philosophy of the philosophers and the cleverness of the clever and the discernment of the discerning; I will frustrate and nullify [them] and bring [them] to nothing. [Isa. 29:14.] Where is the wise man (the philosopher)? Where is the scribe (the scholar)? Where is the investigator (the logician, the debater) of this present time and age? Has not God shown up the nonsense and the folly of this world's wisdom? For when the world with all its earthly wisdom failed to perceive and recognize and know God by means of its own philosophy, God in His wisdom was pleased through the foolishness of preaching [salvation, procured by Christ and to be had through Him], to save those who believed (who clung to and trusted in and relied on Him).

Mr. Blah

Veteran
Isaiah 4:1:

In that day so few men will be left that seven women will fight for each man, saying, "Let us all marry you! We will provide our own food and clothing. Only let us take your name so we won't be mocked as old maids."

AMEN! :cool:

Last edited:

Karlysymon

Superstar
2 Peter 3:9-10

"The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as
some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us,
not willing that any should
perish but that all should
come to repentance.
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night,in which the heavens
will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up."

Lady

Star
Ephesians 5:7-11
7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth)

10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

Last edited:

floss

Star
Jesus Christ prophesied

Psalm 22:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

elsbet

Superstar
For now we see through a glass darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

1 Corinthians 13:12

Karlysymon

Superstar
Malachi 3:16

Then those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and the Lord listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in His presence concerning those who feared the Lord and honoured His name.

Alanantic

Star
"When goodness grows weak,
When evil increases,
I make myself a body.
In every age I come back
To deliver the holy,
To destroy the sin of the sinner,
To establish righteousness."
Krishna
Oops! Sorry, that's from the Bhagavad Gita

Violette

Star
A few verses I highlighted recently :)
“We love Him because He first loved us.”
‭‭I John‬ ‭4:19‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
“For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭2:8-9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
“For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.”
‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭1:18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Lady

Star
Psalm 59:16-17

16 But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble.
17 Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defence, and the God of my mercy.

rainerann

Star
Now I say to the rest of you in Thyatira, to you who do not hold to her teaching and have not learned Satan’s so-called deep secrets, ‘I will not impose any other burden on you, until I come.’(revelation 2:24-25)

Vytas

Star
And if your right hand causes you to sin , cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to depart into hell

And the second beast required all people small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their forehead

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Galatians 5:22:23 On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.
John 13:34 I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you, you must also love one another.
James 1:19 Know this, me beloved brothers: Everyone must be quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to anger,

Proverbs 12:15 The way of the fool is right in his own eyes, But the wise one accepts advice

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
1 John 3

1Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. 2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 3And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.