Favorite Bible Verses

Tatilina

Star
Revelation 4:8

Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under its wings. Day and night they never stop saying:

"'Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty,' who was, and is, and is to come

Tatilina

Star
Philippians 3:8-11

7But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ 9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith inaChrist—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. 10I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.

Tatilina

Star
1 Corinthians 12:12-31

12Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 13For we were all baptized byc one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 14Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.

15Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 16And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 17If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20As it is, there are many parts, but one body.

21The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” 22On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, 24while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

27Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. 28And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues. 29Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? 30Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tonguesd ? Do all interpret? 31Now eagerly desire the greater gifts.

Beloved

Rookie
Isaiah 28:16 NIV
Therefore thus says Master יהוה, "Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone for a foundation, a tried stone, a precious cornerstone of a sure foundation. He who believes shall not be put to shame."

Karlysymon

Superstar
2 Peter 2:1-3

"But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. By covetousness they will
exploit you with deceptive
words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber."

Mr. Blah

Veteran
There is something else meaningless that occurs on earth: the righteous who get what the wicked deserve, and the wicked who get what the righteous deserve. This too, I say, is meaningless.

---Ecclesiastes 8:14

Mr. Blah

Veteran
I nearly laugh into burst knowing this verse:

Malachi 2:3
Behold, I will rebuke your offspring, and spread dung on your faces, the dung of your offerings, and you shall be taken away with it.

Sorry if this offends y'all.

Lisa

Superstar
Malachi 2:4-6
Then you will know that I have sent this commandment to you, that My covenant may continue with Levi," says the LORD of hosts. "My covenant with him was one of life and peace, and I gave them to him as an object of reverence; so he revered Me and stood in awe of My name. True instruction was in his mouth and unrighteousness was not found on his lips; he walked with Me in peace and uprightness, and he turned many back from iniquity.​

Karlysymon

Superstar
Proverbs 8:10-11
Choose my instruction
instead of silver,knowledge rather than choice gold,for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her.

Job 28:28
And He said to man, 'The fear of the Lord-that is wisdom, and to shun evil is understanding

Proverbs 2:12-13
Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men, from men whose words are perverse, who leave the straight paths to walk in dark ways

Tatilina

Star
Psalms 35
A psalm of David.

1O LORD, oppose those who oppose me.

Fight those who fight against me.

2Put on your armor, and take up your shield.

Prepare for battle, and come to my aid.

3Lift up your spear and javelin

against those who pursue me.

Let me hear you say,

“I will give you victory!”

4Bring shame and disgrace on those trying to kill me;

turn them back and humiliate those who want to harm me.

5Blow them away like chaff in the wind—

a wind sent by the angel of the LORD.

6Make their path dark and slippery,

with the angel of the LORDpursuing them.

7I did them no wrong, but they laid a trap for me.

I did them no wrong, but they dug a pit to catch me.

8So let sudden ruin come upon them!

Let them be caught in the trap they set for me!

Let them be destroyed in the pit they dug for me.

9Then I will rejoice in the LORD.

I will be glad because he rescues me.

10With every bone in my body I will praise him:

“LORD, who can compare with you?

Who else rescues the helpless from the strong?

Who else protects the helpless and poor from those who rob them?”

11Malicious witnesses testify against me.

They accuse me of crimes I know nothing about.

12They repay me evil for good.

I am sick with despair.

13Yet when they were ill, I grieved for them.

I denied myself by fasting for them,

but my prayers returned unanswered.

14I was sad, as though they were my friends or family,

as if I were grieving for my own mother.

15But they are glad now that I am in trouble;

they gleefully join together against me.

I am attacked by people I don’t even know;

they slander me constantly.

16They mock me and call me names;

they snarl at me.

17How long, O Lord, will you look on and do nothing?

Rescue me from their fierce attacks.

Protect my life from these lions!

18Then I will thank you in front of the great assembly.

I will praise you before all the people.

19Don’t let my treacherous enemies rejoice over my defeat.

Don’t let those who hate me without cause gloat over my sorrow.

20They don’t talk of peace;

they plot against innocent people who mind their own business.

21They shout, “Aha! Aha!

With our own eyes we saw him do it!”

22O LORD, you know all about this.

Do not stay silent.

Do not abandon me now, O Lord.

23Wake up! Rise to my defense!

Take up my case, my God and my Lord.

24Declare me not guilty, O LORDmy God, for you give justice.

Don’t let my enemies laugh about me in my troubles.

25Don’t let them say, “Look, we got what we wanted!

Now we will eat him alive!”

26May those who rejoice at my troubles

be humiliated and disgraced.

May those who triumph over me

be covered with shame and dishonor.

27But give great joy to those who came to my defense.

Let them continually say, “Great is the LORD,

who delights in blessing his servant with peace!”

28Then I will proclaim your justice,

and I will praise you all day long.

Tatilina

Star
Psalms 141

1O LORD, I am calling to you. Please hurry!

Listen when I cry to you for help!

2Accept my prayer as incense offered to you,

and my upraised hands as an evening offering.

3Take control of what I say, O LORD,

and guard my lips.

4Don’t let me drift toward evil

or take part in acts of wickedness.

Don’t let me share in the delicacies

of those who do wrong.

5Let the godly strike me!

It will be a kindness!

If they correct me, it is soothing medicine.

Don’t let me refuse it.

But I pray constantly

against the wicked and their deeds.

6When their leaders are thrown down from a cliff,

the wicked will listen to my words and find them true.

7Like rocks brought up by a plow,

the bones of the wicked will lie scattered without burial.a

8I look to you for help, O Sovereign LORD.

You are my refuge; don’t let them kill me.

9Keep me from the traps they have set for me,

from the snares of those who do wrong.

10Let the wicked fall into their own nets,

but let me escape.

Tatilina

Star
Luke 21:12-19

12“But before all this, they will seize you and persecute you. They will hand you over to synagogues and put you in prison, and you will be brought before kings and governors, and all on account of my name. 13And so you will bear testimony to me. 14But make up your mind not to worry beforehand how you will defend yourselves.15For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict. 16You will be betrayed even by parents, brothers and sisters, relatives and friends, and they will put some of you to death.17Everyone will hate you because of me. 18But not a hair of your head will perish. 19Stand firm, and you will win life.

Karlysymon

Superstar
2 Corinthians 1:20

"For no matter how many
promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God"

Lisa

Superstar

Ezra 1:1-2
Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, in order to fulfill the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, so that he sent a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and also put it in writing, saying: "Thus says Cyrus king of Persia, 'The LORD, the God of heaven, has given me all the kingdoms of the earth and He has appointed me to build Him a house in Jerusalem, which is in Judah."​

Lisa

Superstar
Matthew 26:33
But Peter said to Him, "Even though all may fall away because of You, I will never fall away."

Matthew 24:10
At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another.

1 Timothy 4:1
But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons.

Hebrews 3:12-14
Take care, brethren, that there not be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart that falls away from the living God. But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called "Today," so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. For we have become partakers of Christ, if we hold fast the beginning of our assurance firm until the end

Hebrews 6:4-6
For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame.

Hebrews 10:36-39
For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised. FOR YET IN A VERY LITTLE WHILE, HE WHO IS COMING WILL COME, AND WILL NOT DELAY. BUT MY RIGHTEOUS ONE SHALL LIVE BY FAITH; AND IF HE SHRINKS BACK, MY SOUL HAS NO PLEASURE IN HIM. But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul.​

Karlysymon

Superstar
Isaiah 48:17-18

"This is what the LORD
says – your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:
‘I am the LORD your
God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you
should go. If only you had paid attention to my commands, your peace would have been like a river, your well- being like the waves of the sea."

Karlysymon

Superstar
Ecclesiastes 12:12

"Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them. Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body."