Favorite Bible Verses

VeiledArtist

Psalm 73:23-26
Nevertheless, I am continually with You; You have taken hold of my right hand. With Your counsel you will guide me, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And besides You, I desire nothing on earth. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.​
While I'm not christian, there are two verses that stuck with me.

Galations 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Matthew 25:40
Meaning of Whatsoever You Do to the Least of My Brothers. “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.”'

The first I came by when I was volunteering in DC. A homeless person held this scripture on his sign. I'm not sure why it stuck since it doesn't have any inherent meaning for me. I guess it means you love christ so much you'd die for him.

I see the latter having a lot to do with not judging. Every time you put down someone else whether for their scripture, their life, who they are, what they do you're doing the same (or recrucifying) christ. I gave it to my friend when she felt no one was noticing that helping others is her core values. She said she can't live without helping others. Since she is christian, helping others means helping christ. (Blaming others means blaming christ).

Lyfe

Star
But you do see, for you note mischief and vexation, that you may take it into your hands; to you the helpless commits himself; you have been the helper of the fatherless. Psalm 10:14

Lyfe

Star
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. Romans 14:17

A Freeman

Star
While I'm not christian, there are two verses that stuck with me.

Galations 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Matthew 25:40
Meaning of Whatsoever You Do to the Least of My Brothers. “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.”'

The first I came by when I was volunteering in DC. A homeless person held this scripture on his sign. I'm not sure why it stuck since it doesn't have any inherent meaning for me. I guess it means you love christ so much you'd die for him.
What Paul is referring to in Galatians 2:20 is the "self"-crucifixion (destruction of the ego), that each of us should be doing daily, just as Christ teaches.

Luke 9:23 And he said to [them] all, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Our "cross" is the human ego/"self". If everyone concerned themselves with doing God's Will instead of their own selfish (egotistical) will, there would soon be no more division, conflict, strife and war.

I see the latter having a lot to do with not judging. Every time you put down someone else whether for their scripture, their life, who they are, what they do you're doing the same (or recrucifying) christ. I gave it to my friend when she felt no one was noticing that helping others is her core values. She said she can't live without helping others. Since she is christian, helping others means helping christ. (Blaming others means blaming christ).
Agreed. We've been COMMANDED not to judge others and ourselves by any other standard other than God's standard (Matt. 7:1-4), which is just and fair to and for all. If we treated others as if they were Christ, then it would cure us of the urge to feel "superior" to them.

James 2:14-17 (KJV)

14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

A Freeman

Star
Matthew 16:27 For the Son of Man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his WORKS.

Revelation 20:12-15
20:12 And I saw the "Dead", small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another Book was opened, which is [the Book] of Life: and the "Dead" were judged out of those things which were written in the Books, according to their works.
20:13 And the "sea" gave up the "Dead" which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their WORKS.
20:14 And death and hell were cast into the "Lake of Fire". This is the second death.
20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the "Lake of Fire".

Axl888

Established
Colossians 2:8-10
Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

Stucky

Veteran
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.

Rev 21:3&4