Favorite Bible Verses

Tidal

Star
I like this verrse-
Jesus said- "You're my friends if you follow me. I don't call you servants, but I call you friends" (John 15:15)

Tidal

Star
What bible version is that quote from, please?
Here ya go-

NIV- "You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.2 (John 15:14/15)

KJV- "Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you." (John 15:14/15)

PS- I like to use Bible Gateway to look up keywords and passages in many different versions-

Cintra

Star
Thank you, but I meant the specific wording that you use.

You're my friends if you follow me. I don't call you servants, but I call you friends" (John 15:15)

Tidal

Star
Thank you, but I meant the specific wording that you use.
You're my friends if you follow me. I don't call you servants, but I call you friends" (John 15:15)
There are dozens of bible versions and there isn't space to post them all here, but they all say the same thing, just as cover versions of well-known songs say the same thing even though the tune and musical arrangement may differ.. :)

Cintra

Star
I am not arguing about that.
I am asking about that one particular rendition of John 15.15

I would just like to know which specific version of the bible you got it from.
Or is that your own original paraphrase?

Lisa

Superstar
Acts‬ ‭17:24-25‬ ‭
The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands; nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things.
‭‭