Favorite Bible Verses

Lisa

Superstar
Psalm 73:23-26
Nevertheless, I am continually with You; You have taken hold of my right hand. With Your counsel you will guide me, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And besides You, I desire nothing on earth. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.​

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Joshua 24 14-15

Choose Whom You Will Serve...

14“Now therefore fear the LORD and serve him in sincerity and in faithfulness. Put away the gods that your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD. 15And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the LORD, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”

King David

Established
It's a tie for Me...

"Kings daughters are among Your honorable women; at Your right hand stands the Queen in gold from Ophir." Psalm 45:9.

"So He shall be a Priest on His throne; and the counsel of peace shall be between them BOTH." (The King and Queen). Zechariah 6:13
Shalom :)

Camidria

Veteran
IF I [can] speak in the tongues of men and [even] of angels, but have not love (that reasoning, intentional, spiritual devotion such as is inspired by God's love for and in us), I am only a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers (the gift of interpreting the divine will and purpose), and understand all the secret truths and mysteries and possess all knowledge, and if I have [sufficient] faith so that I can remove mountains, but have not love (God's love in me) I am nothing (a useless nobody).
1 Corinthians 13:1‭-‬2 AMPC
http://bible.com/8/1co.13.1-2.AMPC

Sunny

Rookie
Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.
But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe.
All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away". (John 6:35-37)

And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing.
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4)

SkepticCat

Veteran
1The LORD is my shepherd,
I shall not want.

2He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.

3He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.

4Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

5You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You have anointed my head with oil;
My cup overflows.

6Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

(Psalms 23)

EddieG305

Rookie
Long ago, when I used to attend church as a Christian, one of my favorite quotes that I heard was, "No Guilt in Life, No Fear in Death." For some reason I thought this quote came from the bible but it was just from a slide in Sunday service. I question a lot about where the soul goes after death. This quote assures me that as long as I don't live a guilty life [meaning that I don't cause harm or bring negativity] then I shouldn't worry about death.

Lisa

Superstar
Psalms 8:3-6
When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have ordained; What is man that You take thought for him. And the son of man that You care for him? Yet You have made him a little lower than God, and You crown him with glory and majesty. You have made him to rule over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet.

UnspokenSoliloquy

Established
I have a few...

The weapons of or warfare are not carnal but might through God to the pulling down of strongholds. Casting down every imagination and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God bringing into captivity every thought into the obedience of Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:4-5

The Lord bless and keep you; The Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious unto you. The Lord lift his countenance upon you and give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God not his son into the world to condemn the world but that the world through him might be saved. John 3:16-17