Fatal Stabbing In Portland - White Supremacy And Islamaphobia

justjess

Superstar
Two men were fatally stabbed in Portland, Oregon on Friday after they came to the aid of two women who were being harassed because they appeared to be Muslim, police said.

On Saturday, Portland police named the suspect as Jeremy Joseph Christian and said he was being held without bail at the Multnomah County jail.

The 35-year-old, a known white supremacist according to a report by the Portland Mercury , was booked on two counts of aggravated murder, one count of attempted murder, two counts of intimidation in the second degree, and one count of felon in possession of a restricted weapon. He could face additional charges after the case is presented to a grand jury. He is due to be arraigned on Monday.
Guess what holiday this murderer and terrorist celebrates?

CHRISTMAS - yup he's one of yours guys. Go look at his Facebook page yourself.

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
"Donald Trump deliberately tapped into the end-of-days impulses of Christian evangelicals, anti-globalists, and white power enthusiasts, who view anyone who hasn’t drunk their Kool-Aid as a dead soul. Meanwhile, those fearful that the billionaire blowhard might win the election began spreading the “Trumpocalypse” meme as they warned of the coming of ever more severe climate change, the collapse of the global economy, and the outbreak of race wars. There was virtually no middle ground between the groups, aside from those who decided to steer clear of the election altogether. The mutual disgust with which each side viewed the other encouraged just the kind of dehumanization implied by that zombie label."
source: http://www.tomdispatch.com/blog/176253/tomgram:_john_feffer,_next_stop:_the_deconstruction_zone/

Violette

Star
Guess what holiday this murderer and terrorist celebrates?

CHRISTMAS - yup he's one of your guys. Go look at his Facebook page yourself.
What does Christmas have to do with anything? It's a pagan holiday that religious and non religious people celebrate. I don't celebrate it personally

Violette

Star
If we can recognize "Islamic" terrorists are different than a typical Muslim then surely we can see the same difference with a "Christian" terrorist. Most Americans celebrate Christmas regardless of their religion. It's just an excuse to buy stuff

justjess

Superstar
A Christian Muslim?

And no, most celebrate Christmas because most Americans are Christian. Not because it's common for non christians to celebrate it.

I can recognize the difference. There appear to be some here who can't however so thought I might nudge them along.

Etagloc - I'm not reading your article. I have a personal hang up with hypocrites which is the only reason I get in to these cOnversations at all.

Had this been a Muslim perpetrator how many comments do you think this thread would have gotten so far?

Etagloc

Superstar
A Christian Muslim?

And no, most celebrate Christmas because most Americans are Christian. Not because it's common for non christians to celebrate it.

I can recognize the difference. There appear to be some here who can't however so thought I might nudge them along.

Etagloc - I'm not reading your article. I have a personal hang up with hypocrites which is the only reason I get in to these cOnversations at all.

Had this been a Muslim perpetrator how many comments do you think this thread would have gotten so far?
Had this been a Muslim perpetrator would you have made a thread about it?

justjess

Superstar
Wouldn't have had the chance. Someone would have beat me to it two seconds after the story hit the news as they always do.

Nice try with deflection though. How bout you answer my question,the one I asked first.

Lady

Star

Etagloc

Superstar
Wouldn't have had the chance. Someone would have beat me to it two seconds after the story hit the news as they always do.

Nice try with deflection though. How bout you answer my question,the one I asked first.
How am I deflecting? I have no idea how many comments the thread would have gotten and I don't really care- I don't read minds.

You say I'm deflecting but I've answered your question and you've avoided mine. Would you have made a thread about it if it was a muslim perpetrator?

Etagloc

Superstar
It is all about Christophobia-all the lawlessness and ungodliness in this Satan-ruled world. Anything in opposition to the the Truth in Christ is fostered by the father of lies.
1John 2:22
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
Exactly. Muslims, atheists, satanists, new agers, whatever, they might disagree about all sorts of things- but they all are united against Christianity.

Violette

Star
A Christian Muslim?

A Christian terrorist, I mix words up when I type sometimes. It probably would've gotten more comments due to our media painting a portrait of extreme Muslims vs the world. But I don't think your comment is really helping anything. Christianity, not Islam, is the most persecuted religion today. Your comment sounds Christian-phobic. Terrorists are terrorists who chose to do bad things. They can claim to be any religion but that doesn't make it true. If I posted something about an ISIS attack and said "guess what they celebrate? Ramadan, yep he's one of your guys." It would sound very ignorant.

Etagloc

Superstar
She sounded happy to be able to point out a Christian as a terrorist. But correlation does not imply causation. Why should we attribute the killing to Christianity? Did the attacker explicitly do this in the name of Christianity?

Muhammad was a war lord. The Quran is full of verses that say things like "slay the unbelievers". Muhammad himself killed people. Many people.

Who did Jesus kill?

Anyone who kills in the name of Jesus- and to my knowledge the person didn't even do this in the name of Jesus- does so in spite of Jesus' teachings. Whereas the Quran and the Hadith are full of verses that can be used to justify terrorism.

Trenton

Veteran
Right? I don't know anyone who celebrates Christmas who isn't a Christian, or at least athiests or secular folk who were raised in generational Christian families.

Maybe Japanese people? Like, they just like the pretty colors lol

It may be based on Saturnalia, but the Christians took it over and made it their own holiday, can't refute that.

Violette

Star
every non Christian I know celebrates Christmas, who doesn't like gifts? Working retail is a nightmare during that time of year, all commercial are SALES, SALES,SALES! The only people I met that dont celebrate Christmas were Jehovah Witnesses or Jewish. Santa, reindeer, elfs, etc. are what's decorated everywhere and that has nothing to do with Christianity. It's a celebration of capitalism if anything.

justjess

Superstar
How am I deflecting? I have no idea how many comments the thread would have gotten and I don't really care- I don't read minds.

You say I'm deflecting but I've answered your question and you've avoided mine. Would you have made a thread about it if it was a muslim perpetrator?
There would have already been a thread about it if it had been a Muslim. I answered your question. I waited over 24 hours to post this to see if anyone else would. It never would have went that long with a "Muslim terrorist attack" - it never has.