Fat epidemic

Calling a spade a spade isn't bullying. I noticed anytime the topic of obesity is addressed there are some people who have this knee-jerk reaction and get all up in their feelings.
Food deserts and lack of access is one aspect of it. But there are just as many people who have access to healthy food yet still proceed to eat garbage, sit all day, not workout and then complain about their weight. I see it around me all the time.
but its not calling someone a spade, is it, its attacking someone for their appearance without considering what has caused the situation, you dont know their past, their mental health, their financial situation, their medical history, what medication they are on, what social situation they are experiencing, but also you dont know maybe they are trying to lose weight, then you come in all holier than though, and lecture them on their appearance.
all you are doing is judging them on what they look like.

again you said you dont like when people say your skinny and need to eat, but your appearance is socially acceptable, now take those emotions you experience and realise when you do the same to someone who is heavier your causing those emotions.
again when people mock your weight do you go out and eat more, do you try and bulk so you can appease other people?

Lisa

Superstar
this is the problem people will congratulate her on her weight loss even though her health is probably is a worse situation than when she was a bit heavier, but people dont care as long as she fits societies tiny mold
I said something about how she looked thinner..knowing how she was upset about gaining weight after her baby..so I thought I’d compliment her..then I found out about the cigarettes :(

morita

Veteran
but its not calling someone a spade, is it, its attacking someone for their appearance without considering what has caused the situation, you dont know their past, their mental health, their financial situation, their medical history, what medication they are on, what social situation they are experiencing, but also you dont know maybe they are trying to lose weight, then you come in all holier than though, and lecture them on their appearance.
all you are doing is judging them on what they look like.

again you said you dont like when people say your skinny and need to eat, but your appearance is socially acceptable, now take those emotions you experience and realise when you do the same to someone who is heavier your causing those emotions.
again when people mock your weight do you go out and eat more, do you try and bulk so you can appease other people?
We all judge other people on their physical appearance, mostly because it's the first thing that we see...it's not rocket science.
People's comments and judgements shouldn't sting that much if you're in a good place, mentally and physically, it doesn't matter what you look like. I don't feel the need to change when one person makes a remarks because I know I have a healthy lifestyle.
Every former obese person will tell you the same thing, after losing weight they feel better and none of them would chose to go back to their former selves.
If someone is naturally fat they can't do anything about it, but obesity should never become socially acceptable.
I agreed with your previous comment to some extent, because of food desert and lack of access. Poor people have always been around but obesity almost doubled in the last 20 years, it includes every tax bracket. People are living more sedentary lifestyles and snack more, especially sugary food.

So what has happened? While our direct purchases of sugar have sharply declined, the sugar we consume in drinks and confectionery is likely to have rocketed (there are purchase numbers only from 1992, at which point they were rising rapidly. Perhaps, as we consumed just 9kcal a day in the form of drinks in 1976, no one thought the numbers were worth collecting.) In other words, the opportunities to load our food with sugar have boomed. As some experts have long proposed, this seems to be the issue.

A new study tells us that 57% of today’s children will be obese by the time they are 35. And if a child is obese when they are young, chances are overwhelming that they will stay that way.

Last edited:

Vixy

Star
its weird the other day i wrote an article about how nice people are on this forum, but now i see i was wrong, like everywhere else you have to fit societies standards to be accepted and treated with respect, which is werid seeing as this is meant to be a forum that fights what we are told to think
So if bullying isnt okay and you consider it bullying to wonder why people have gotten so fat, you wouldnt be okay with people bullying someone for being thin either? Yet it's accepted by society to nag about someones weight who is thin and in good health. Now why is that? Do you think thin girls have less feelings so they wont get hurt?

Vixy

Star
It depends on the drugs in question, but I’ve known bigger people with drug problems. Most are/were plus sized women who started using meth or coke in an attempt to lose weight because they had issues because of society and judgements from people like we have seen in this thread.

:(
Exactly. Always a shortcut instead of actually WORKING it off at the gym or the woods like healthy people do. Its gotta be fast and "NOW NOW NOW! I'm ENTITLED although Im not working for it!" An interesting behaviour..I'd say it's vile. And it's not allowed to complain about it either or you're considered the bully for telling the actual truth.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know, I did an experiment today where I asked why they used such an obese girl in the new Libresse commercial. I'm talking she's so obese she can hardly stand up straight. And boy was I jumped. Girl after girl after girl (no men) "How dare you, you vile b****?" Bla bla..

So we are reengineered to not only accept obesity but to love it now why is this? Why are we being engineered to love obesity? To keep us unhealthy? To push for early deaths? You tell me.

But I know this we have been engineered before to have anorexia as a role model, a deadly state. Now we're being engineered to love obesity which is also deadly. See a pattern here? Never normal, always something thats harmful.

Last edited:
We all judge other people on their physical appearance, mostly because it's the first thing that we see...it's not rocket science.
People's comments and judgements shouldn't sting that much if you're in a good place, mentally and physically, it doesn't matter what you look like. I don't feel the need to change when one person makes a remarks because I know I have a healthy lifestyle.
Every former obese person will tell you the same thing, after losing weight they feel better and none of them would chose to go back to their former selves.
If someone is fat they can't do anything about it, but obesity should never become socially acceptable.
I agreed with your previous comment to some extent, because of food desert and lack of access. Poor people have always been around but obesity almost doubled in the last 20 years, it includes every tax bracket. People are living more sedentary lifestyles and snack more, especially sugary food.

So what has happened? While our direct purchases of sugar have sharply declined, the sugar we consume in drinks and confectionery is likely to have rocketed (there are purchase numbers only from 1992, at which point they were rising rapidly. Perhaps, as we consumed just 9kcal a day in the form of drinks in 1976, no one thought the numbers were worth collecting.) In other words, the opportunities to load our food with sugar have boomed. As some experts have long proposed, this seems to be the issue.

A new study tells us that 57% of today’s children will be obese by the time they are 35. And if a child is obese when they are young, chances are overwhelming that they will stay that way.
people do not owe you health and happiness though, people do not owe you a certain look, and you can keep harping on about health but again its an excuse to be rude and bully but most of all feel superior to others because something in your life makes you insecure so to counter your own feelings of insecurity you place blame and shame on others for their appearance.

again read my last post about obesity and its link to poverty, but again that doesnt fit the objective you are after, you want to feel superior so you belittle others.

thinness does not equal healthy period.

So if bullying isnt okay and you consider it bullying to wonder why people have gotten so fat, you wouldnt be okay with people bullying someone for being thin either? Yet it's accepted by society to nag about someones weight who is thin and in good health. Now why is that? Do you think thin girls have less feelings so they wont get hurt?
read my previous comments no bullying is ok, i even asked how can you be ok with bullying others for there looks when you dont like it when you are bullied for being thin.
i mentioned thinness does not equal healthy, but thats not ok with you? then why is it ok to lecture fat people about their health, its not a one way street.

Exactly. Always a shortcut instead of actually WORKING it off at the gym or the woods like healthy people do. Its gotta be fast and "NOW NOW NOW! I'm ENTITLED although Im not working for it!" An interesting behaviour..I'd say it's vile. And it's not allowed to complain about it either or you're considered the bully for telling the actual truth.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know, I did an experiment today where I asked why they used such an obese girl in the new Libresse commercial. I'm talking she's so obese she can hardly stand up straight. And boy was I jumped. Girl after girl after girl (no men) "How dare you, you vile b****?" Bla bla..

So we are reengineered to not only accept obesity but to love it now why is this? Why are we being engineered to love obesity? To keep us unhealthy? To push for early deaths? You tell me.

But I know this we have been engineered before to have anorexia as a role model, a deadly state. Now we're being engineered to love obesity which is also deadly. See a pattern here? Never normal, always something thats harmful.
manyof the drugs that cause weight gin are ones to do with mobility and disability, so these people cant just go for a walk or go the gym. many drugs no matter the amount of exercise they still stay fat

Vixy

Star
manyof the drugs that cause weight gin are ones to do with mobility and disability, so these people cant just go for a walk or go the gym. many drugs no matter the amount of exercise they still stay fat
Thats different. If a sickness behind it I have complete respect and not saying a thing about it. I'm talking about the fatness that comes from simply being lazy and eating too much, knowing youre doing wrong yet not doing anything about it.

My childhood friend weighed 220kg, 485 pounds, and bought my grandmothers old exercisebike and decreased his meals. After a year he had lost 100kg, 220pounds. I respect him for that.

Vixy

Star
read my previous comments no bullying is ok, i even asked how can you be ok with bullying others for there looks when you dont like it when you are bullied for being thin.
i mentioned thinness does not equal healthy, but thats not ok with you? then why is it ok to lecture fat people about their health, its not a one way street.
I agree, it isnt a one way street, thats why Im asking on here what this is about. ;)

Last edited:

morita

Veteran
people do not owe you health and happiness though, people do not owe you a certain look, and you can keep harping on about health but again its an excuse to be rude and bully but most of all feel superior to others because something in your life makes you insecure so to counter your own feelings of insecurity you place blame and shame on others for their appearance.

again read my last post about obesity and its link to poverty, but again that doesnt fit the objective you are after, you want to feel superior so you belittle others.
Please give me a break...where did I bully anyone. If you don't think obesity is a problem, then it means you wouldn't have an issue with your loved ones getting obese too, right? You would encourage them to be complacent?
People don't owe me health nor happiness, but obese people are still unhealthy and unhappy so...

thinness does not equal healthy period.
Except no one said that.
I mentionned that some people are just naturally bulkier and can't do anything about it. If you didn't have a knee-jerk reaction to everything that's being said maybe you would have actually noticed that.

Last edited:

Vixy

Star
ok so when people say rude things to you about your weight, what is your automatic reaction, do you suddenly go eat more, do you feel the need to bulk up so you wont get bullied any more?

also the issue with obesity is way way way way more complicated than people are lazy and eat to much.

poverty, access, education and mental health all come into obesity.

poverty - the fact is cheap food is unhealthy, full of additives, addictive substances, fat, and chemicals.
If you are poor you have a limited budget for food, the average house that lives under the bread line or skims the bread line, has one option buy what they can afford and what lasts, fruit and vegetables are more expensive than chip (or in the USA fries), tinned food is cheaper than fresh produce, frozen foods are cheaper than fresh and you can forget organic foods.
Also take into account many households can only afford food than can be microwaved or cooked for short periods due to not being able to afford cookers or to use to much electric, yes this is an issue, i have seen poor people heat a tin of beans on a microwave as they dont have any means to cook food.
Even if they did do you think they have the time and resources to cook food from scratch.
many poor people in Britain live in bedsits, hostiles and bed and breakfasts, there are no cooking facilities and if there are then its limited.
they cant afford fridge freezers or there lodgings dont have the facilities, meaning they need long lasting food that does not need to be chilled, instant noodles, tins and pastas, generally fit in this category.
also consider, you have no facilities, so you have to go out and eat, you can have an organic restaurant meal at £10-100 a head or go a fast food joint and get a burger for £1, which often includes receipts where if you fill in the questionnaires you get a cheaper or free meal, if you have a limited budget which would you choose.
also take into account many of these people have more than one job, they wont have time either for cooking.
Fatness used to be a rich persons issue, now its turned on its head and if people stopped using the blame game they will see past their noses and see fatness isnt a laziness issue, its a poverty issue.

Access - leading on from the eating out issue, go to any poverty stricken place, a ghetto, a low run down part of town and spot the organic food, health food or fruit and veg shop. it wont take you long i promise you.
Fact is poor locations have very few if any locations to buy healthy food, if you are low income or have a limited budge do you think they can afford a car or vehicle to buy food in healthier places plus have the funds for the food after, public transport is also limited in many poor locations.
Also look at the type of food establishments that are available in poor locations, take aways, fast food places. if thats all they can get and all they can afford thats what they get.

Education - even if they have the means to buy fresh food, many schools do not teach about food choices or cooking courses in poor areas, so yes ignorance is an issue.

Mental health - this one effect all people, no matter the economics of the person.
depression causes weight gain in some, anxiety another.
also take into account medication for mental illness can cause weight gain, leading to the mental illness increasing.
so you know what really does not help, mocking, belittling or talking down to a person who is ill.

never in the history of bullying has a person thought ''you know they are right'', you know what happens when you constantly tell someone they are worthless because how they look (because what your doing is basically that) , they retreat and dont get help, they dont try and help themselves because why bother, in fact many get worse. no one deserves to be abused due to how they look.

there are plenty of epidemics involving thinness but they are not seen as an issue because thinness is socially acceptable, eating disorders are hugely under reported mainly due to the fact eating disorders are being repackaged as 'healthy' living', the new buzzwords for starving yourself are detox, dieting and fasting. but its all about starving yourself thin and is repackaged as some form of fashion. the reason its called eating disorder is because its disordered eating, starving yourself for certain periods to be socially acceptable is disordered eating.
also take into account smoking and drug use, both are used as techniques to stay or make yourself thin, laxatives, cocaine, heroin, appetite suppressors.... they are all used to remain or get thin, do you ever see a fat drug addict? but because they are used to cause thinness then its not a problem or called a pandemic.

the idea than thinness is automatically healthy is a lie and dangerous at best, one key example, women who are congratulated for losing weight, when they lost weight because they were dying from cancer, yes ive seen this happen.

so again you can use the fake argument its about a persons health why your being rude to a fat person, but its a very thinly veiled excuse to be rude, bully and make yourself feel better about yourself.
Funny though, I have friends who are poor, depressed, and with no education and they still arent obese.

Maes17

Superstar
28F3877E-8B90-4C37-A17D-E646B554CC4B.jpegI have a rather large drug collection too ;)

Supplements are good as aids. Not a quick fix. I’m an avid consumer of supplements.
I like to stack pre workout, bcaa’s, creatine 30 minutes before a workout. Fish oil and a multi along with my morning energy drink and a protein bar. The rest of the day is all macros and water intake.
A gatorade here and there, especially as the weather is warming up. I lose a lot of body salt.

Maes17

Superstar
Hehe, I've been weightlifting since 2000, so it's 20 years now. But I want muscles, think Linda Hamilton in Terminator 3. Unfortunally they say she's a trance too. God damn it, cant catch a break, lol! I've gained some muscles and I think it looks awesome. This is my back so you can see I have a V -shape:

View attachment 34130

I love it and it seems to attract men having muscle definition actually.
I am attracted to fit. Idk some men are attracted to certain things. Like a lot of my friends in person like niki minaj. Not my thing.

Lisa

Superstar
@Maes17
I’ve prayerfully decided to give up the daily chocolate and leave any chocolate to the weekend treat :)

imsickofyoshi

Established
came here to say: Im so sick of the thought just because a woman has no hips she is trans or a man...
From what I gather from certain subreddits and now voat, most who are obsessed with fat people and "their health" have some type of ed their own selves

imsickofyoshi

Established
love obesity
No body loves obesity. You mean fat acceptance? That mess was a scam and a lie from the beginning.

morita

Veteran
came here to say: Im so sick of the thought just because a woman has no hips she is trans or a man...
And people don't even understand why it's insulting to accuse someone you don't know of being trans. "bUT I sAid sHE wAs pRetTY"
That's ironic that those are the same who go on to lecture people about having to point out imperfections on people because they don't measure up, but go on to point out imperfections on this woman beacuse she's young and pretty and makes them feel insecure. Very telling.