Famine Ahead?

Fajr

Veteran
Lesson learned from Coronavirus is that people can turn against each other at anytime. A flu like virus showed immense fear and irrational panic buying of everything including toilet papers and humans can turn into greedy monsters at any time. Any major event in the horizon can cause in one way or another a food supply shortage and accordingly riots and chaos. The power outage in Texas was another warning. Antibody dependent enhancement of covid vaccines can and most probably will be covered up by another lethal pandemic. Possibilities are endless and the best time to panic buy is when no one is panic buying.

Now most importantly, what are the best emergency survival supplies that will save lives?

Tidal

Star
Now most importantly, what are the best emergency survival supplies that will save lives?

Making sure you've got a good stock of food and bottles of water will keep us going for a while if the grocers shelves run empty.
This is my stock-

Daze

Superstar
Alot of sources are saying food will be scarce. However the reality is its not due to con-vid. It's due to the corrupt-ment.
That is con-vid didn't shut down the economy. The (s)elected officials did by deeming everyone but Wal-mart and Amazon unessential.

Time will tell if we recover from this or if it just gets worse. I assume you're Muslim going by your name. Have you considered the hadith that describes 3 years of famine before the deceiver arrives?

Before Dajjal appears there will be three difficult years in which the people will suffer severe famine
source
It is a long hadith so use ctrl+F to keyword search.

Give it another year and we'll see if this is actually the boat we're in. Whether we see it in our life or not, a day is coming when your only sustenance will be dhikr.

What will the people live on at that time?' He said: 'Tahlil, Takbir, Tasbih and Tahmid. That will take the place of food for them.'"

Fajr

Veteran
Alot of sources are saying food will be scarce. However the reality is its not due to con-vid. It's due to the corrupt-ment.
That is con-vid didn't shut down the economy. The (s)elected officials did by deeming everyone but Wal-mart and Amazon unessential.

Time will tell if we recover from this or if it just gets worse. I assume you're Muslim going by your name. Have you considered the hadith that describes 3 years of famine before the deceiver arrives?

It is a long hadith so use ctrl+F to keyword search.

Give it another year and we'll see if this is actually the boat we're in. Whether we see it in our life or not, a day is coming when your only sustenance will be dhikr.
I knew that Hadith but completely forgot it. Thanks for reminding me, it could be the boat we are in, only time can tell.

Aero

Superstar
Stocking up on food goods is short-sighted. Even if you stock up your entire basement, how long is that going to last? 1 year at most. You need to build yourself a well, garden and raise some chickens or something.

Tidal

Star
Stocking up on food goods is short-sighted. Even if you stock up your entire basement, how long is that going to last? 1 year at most. You need to build yourself a well, garden and raise some chickens or something.

Yes, it depends what kind of an apocalypse it is of course; a worst-case one would be a plague that wipes out 99% of humans.
Tinned goods will at least give us a breathing space to plan our next move.
The cities will be cold dark bleak places (no water, no electricity, no food) and we can't grow things in concrete (below)..

..so a good bet would be to get out into the countryside as soon as possible to start planting stuff..

Our small survival group would load our tinned food and ourselves into a van and drive out to take over a deserted big country house, all aboard..:cool:

Aero

Superstar
Yes, it depends what kind of an apocalypse it is of course; a worst-case one would be a plague that wipes out 99% of humans.
Tinned goods will at least give us a breathing space to plan our next move.
The cities will be cold dark bleak places (no water, no electricity, no food) and we can't grow things in concrete (below)..

..so a good bet would be to get out into the countryside as soon as possible to start planting stuff..

Our small survival group would load our tinned food and ourselves into a van and drive out to take over a deserted big country house, all aboard..:cool:

You're going to need guns bro.

Besides the crazy and potentially zombified people. There are going to be packs of wild dogs running around everywhere. Wild dogs are terrifying, I'd rather fight a lion.

Tidal

Star
You're going to need guns bro.
Besides the crazy and potentially zombified people. There are going to be packs of wild dogs running around everywhere. Wild dogs are terrifying, I'd rather fight a lion.

Yes, most guns are very hard to get in England, so when the apocalypse hits, a major priority will be to visit deserted gun shops to stock up with guns and ammo before the hunger-crazed mobs (below) get the same idea.

But if they beat us to it, every farmer in Britain owns at least one shotgun so we'll have to pick some up from deserted farms.
As for wild dogs and the mobs, we'll surround our Hall with coils of barbed wire (below) to keep them out