Faith w/ Out Works: Do Works Save?

Daze

Superstar
Where exactly have I discouraged good deeds?
Correct me if I'm wrong but the entire point of this topic is to convince people deeds are not needed to get into heaven, yes?
Belief alone puts one into paradise. yes?

If that's not what your selling here then I stand corrected

You quoted the book of Hebrews.
I quoted a few verses from a website i just searched, which i also linked because i know the god who sent the Bible is the same god who sent the Quran. So "good works" has to be in there somewhere. If i wanted to dig into it I'm sure i can find lots of things besides charity.

Why did you quote me to begin with? Out of 2 billion Muslims on this planet you are not gonna find a single one who thinks faith alone is gonna get them into heaven.

Theres a reason we pray 5 times a day. Theres a reason we Must give 2.5% of our annual wealth away.

Faith without action is meaningless. But if you think that's getting you in Gods good graces.. then good luck with that.

James.jpg

Lyfe

Star
Correct me if I'm wrong but the entire point of this topic is to convince people deeds are not needed to get into heaven, yes?
Belief alone puts one into paradise. yes?

If that's not what your selling here then I stand corrected

I quoted a few verses from a website i just searched, which i also linked because i know the god who sent the Bible is the same god who sent the Quran. So "good works" has to be in there somewhere. If i wanted to dig into it I'm sure i can find lots of things besides charity.

Why did you quote me to begin with? Out of 2 billion Muslims on this planet you are not gonna find a single one who thinks faith alone is gonna get them into heaven.

Theres a reason we pray 5 times a day. Theres a reason we Must give 2.5% of our annual wealth away.

Faith without action is meaningless. But if you think that's getting you in Gods good graces.. then good luck with that.

View attachment 87149
...but what about all the sins you have already committed throughout the span of a lifetime? What does a perfectly moral and fair Judge do with them? Does he just overlook them and pervert justice in the process?

Daze

Superstar
...but what about all the sins you have already committed throughout the span of a lifetime? What does a perfectly moral and fair Judge do with them? Does he just overlook them and pervert justice in the process?
Mankind was created to sin. Created, as in it's not an error.
Sinning is something we all do.

Why would God make us all sinners is the question?

1684444997884.png

I commit sins daily and seek forgiveness daily. I suggest you do the same.

Lyfe

Star
Mankind was created to sin. Created, as in it's not an error.
Sinning is something we all do.

Why would God make us all sinners is the question?

View attachment 87153

I commit sins daily and seek forgiveness daily. I suggest you do the same.
Well that's not what The Bible teaches. You are right you do commit sins daily. Both the old and new testament point out that without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.

God is forgiving, but also perfectly just. All sin has a price that must be paid. If you are in Christ then it means your sin was already punished and dealt with at the cross. God can legally dismiss your case now. If your not in Christ you will pay for your own sins. The forgiveness and mercy of God is only in Christ! ❤

Daze

Superstar
Well that's not what The Bible teaches. You are right you do commit sins daily. Both the old and new testament point out that without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.

God is forgiving, but also perfectly just. All sin has a price that must be paid. If you are in Christ then it means your sin was already punished and dealt with at the cross. God can legally dismiss your case now. If your not in Christ you will pay for your own sins. The forgiveness and mercy of God is only in Christ! ❤
Whatever you say Lyfe. There so many issues time does not permit to highlight them all.

May God guide you.

Peace.

Lyfe

Star
Whatever you say Lyfe. There so many issues time does not permit to highlight them all.

May God guide you.

Peace.
May God guide you as well. Ask yourself why the old testament sacrifices and blood atonement was necessary. It was all a foreshadow of Christ. He's the lamb of God which takes away the sin of the world!

Daze

Superstar
Ask yourself why the old testament..
When i see Christians stop throwing it under the buss I'll be happy to "consider" it.

One of these days Lyfe we can discuss why so much of the Bible is simply inadmissible for the Christian mind, but time does not permit atm.

Lyfe

Star
When i see Christians stop throwing it under the buss I'll be happy to "consider" it.

One of these days Lyfe we can discuss why so much of the Bible is simply inadmissible for the Christian mind, but time does not permit atm.
I don't believe any knowledgeable Christian disregards the OT. Context is critical though otherwise we would still have people attempting to stone others due to a faulty understanding and misapplication of scripture. The NT reveals how the OT is meant to be properly interpreted and applied. It's very important to understand that a Christian is under a new covenant that varies from the one given through Moses.

TokiEl

Superstar
...because i know the god who sent the Bible is the same god who sent the Quran.
Absolutely not.

God of Israel is not god of islam... ( nor shinto or society of jesus etc etc for that matter).

Im not saying this to pick an argument or hurt your feelings... but because it is the truth.

And you're right... faith without good deeds is dead.

Daze

Superstar
Absolutely not.

God of Israel is not god of islam... ( nor shinto or society of jesus etc etc for that matter).

Im not saying this to pick an argument or hurt your feelings... but because it is the truth.

And you're right... faith without good deeds is dead.
We actually agree. Seeing all the evil that Israel produces no doubt their god is Baal.

But the God of Abraham is the God of Islam, Judaism and Christianity. Accepting this or not changes nothing so why do you waste your time?

Says he doesn't want to argue but picks a notion that intends to do just that.

argue.png

With that i walk away.

Accept or deny, the truth awaits us both on judgement day.

TokiEl

Superstar
We actually agree. Seeing all the evil that Israel produces no doubt their god is Baal.
After almost a century of islamic invasion attempts intifadas rockets stabbings etc etc... can you blame them ?

Not believing every bad press about jews... but their patience must be running thin right.

You may think islam has a right to fight israel... so don't whine when israel fights back.

That's just pathetic.

But the God of Abraham is the God of Islam, Judaism and Christianity. Accepting this or not changes nothing so why do you waste your time?
The God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob... is not the god of islam no not at all.

Here is the God of Israel...

Daze

Superstar
After almost a century of islamic invasion attempts intifadas rockets stabbings etc etc... can you blame them ?

Not believing every bad press about jews... but their patience must be running thin right.

You may think islam has a right to fight israel... so don't whine when israel fights back.

That's just pathetic.

The God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob... is not the god of islam no not at all.

Here is the God of Israel...

Doesn't want to argue he says but will gladly carry this on for 10 pages.

I could care less what he believes. Why does he care so much about what i believe?

If he was confident he would take it to his grave, but somehow its not good enough until he convinces others.

TokiEl

Superstar
Doesn't want to argue he says but will gladly carry this on for 10 pages.

I could care less what he believes. Why does he care so much about what i believe?

If he was confident he would take it to his grave, but somehow its not good enough until he convinces others.
Why don't you sit down and shut up when an ambassador of God takes the time to teach you truths ?

Daze

Superstar
Why don't you sit down and shut up when an ambassador of God takes the time to teach you truths ?
"I don't want to argue" he says... such a good "Christian man". Goes directly to insulting me and in 3 posts too. Thats some kind of record.

Take all the last words Toki, this is where i put you back on ignore because life is too short placating the ignorant.

TokiEl

Superstar
"I don't want to argue" he says... such a good "Christian man". Goes directly to insulting me and in 3 posts too. Thats some kind of record.

Take all the last words Toki, this is where i put you back on ignore because life is too short placating the ignorant.
If you can't receive truths... that doesn't make me ignorant my deluded friend.