Facing the Reality of Climate Change

Climate change.. pfft! It's sad that there are actually people trying to sell this narrative on here. Do they even know who's actually manipulating the climate? It's definitely being done on purpose so we can be blamed and told to live a peasant lifestyle. Such a scam! This is coming from the same people who are causing all the forest fires in Canada!
Can someone say Sodom and Gomorrah? It seems Canada is actually burning up for being too wild!

ibitu

Rookie
Will there be, “a new heaven, and a new earth” after this one is destroyed? Perhaps, but we cannot afford to rely on it. Really, it is a nice sort of idea, that everything will be renewed and made good by the end of society as we know it. But it is just an idea, a dream, a philosophical vision, blended with humanity’s senseless wish for the destruction of everyone who thinks differently to ourselves. But can we afford to be philosophical, given our actual situation as a humanity?

The sobering reality is that Climate Change threatens to cause vast destruction, an apocalyptic scenario, within a hundred years. Rather than hoping that following the destruction would be a beautiful new world, we should consider whether we leave this earth to the coming generations as a beautiful or horrifying place. We are living out of harmony with nature, due to the vast greed of some and the apathy or ignorance of many. Yet rather than confronting this, some create outlandish theories in an attempt to deny our living reality.

Anyone who has been alive a perhaps a bit more than twenty years will likely have noticed how the weather is changing. Warm sunny days in February, followed by April snows and a summer of grey rain. It seems a new temperature record is set practically every year, and nature seems unbalanced, unsettled, wildfires burn out of control. We go on as normal, convinced by the strange nuclear faith of the boomer generation that the threat of apocalyptic destruction of the planet is just “business as usual”.

We are attacking nature, She is suffering. We cut down rainforests to plant soy to feed cattle, while spewing toxic fumes into the air. The electricity we rely on for our normal daily lives still often comes from fossil fuels, or nuclear energy with all the separate problems that entails. We pump the soil full of chemical pesticides, destroy animal life on a vast scale due to our addiction to eating flesh and animal products. A normal day, creating the greenhouse effect as is our habit, living with no concern for how much is destroyed our wake.

If we recognized that we need to live within the limitations of nature (something so obvious it could almost be called a priori) our lives would become more peaceful. Those who profit from the climate emergency may be skewing the story, but undeniably the weather is changing, it is visible and tangible in many countries. It is corporations who are profiting from it the most, and they are entirely self-centred, and only concerned about short or long term profits. So as public opinion leans towards sustainability, they put on an appearance of sustainability. This should not be confused with the foolish idea that climate change itself is an invented problem, only the product of an agenda. In fact, business considerations of monolithic corporate entities have more to do with any agenda that is being promoted than any speculative shadowy cabal.

Capitalism has always exploited crisis for its own ends (as Naomi Klein shows us in “The Shock Doctrine”). We have a choice to confront the climate emergency in co-operation, a spirit of non-sectarianism, brother and sisterhood. If we ignore it or choose not to, then the governments and corporations will deal with it in their own way, making human life even more painful than it is now. But, in confronting it, we can develop the inner capacities to overcome crisis in the proper way, leading to a higher level of human civilization.

Both our credulity and our scepticism are utilized by those forces seeking to advance their own agenda at the cost of us all. Confronting a problem in the wrong way may worsen it, but denying that a problem exists does nothing whatsoever to resolve it. We must learn to look through the lens of the Dialectic, comprehending that affirmation and denial are each sides of the same phenomenon. We must learn to act in such a way as to bring about universal human ends, rather than being preoccupied with our own problems, beliefs, and ideas.

Now is the moment for us all to come together. We cannot delay action, nor assume that without our own commitment the cause will triumph of itself. We must repair the situation, if we leave it to the forces of selfishness and greed then they will use it to bring about a real dystopia. We must learn to live in harmony with our Earth, a thing which should really be very simple to achieve, if only we begin working towards it.

A change in orientation is required, a turning away from theory toward practical action, from opinions toward concrete facts. An awakening to the spiritual reality in all things, a recognition of the life and beauty in nature, who we are harming due to the senselessness of our present civilization. The future is our own script to write, and we must not believe that it is predestined to be bad, for this is no more than a philosophical disguise for the worst kind of fatalism. Together we can work to heal the earth, to protect nature, and heal ourselves in the process.
Climate change doesn't exist, it is nothing more than a hoax created by the government to take away the rights of American citizens. Even the first news anchor to report on global warming admitted it was all a hoax on his deathbed.

DarntheDarner

Established
Here's an article showing the lengths people will go to fight for their beloved "climate change" ideal:

Wow. So they want to get amputated to prove a point that is a falsehood, anyway?
It seems the article is still praising them
for their "beliefs"
even though they are totally nuts.
What could possibly go wrong here?
Yikes.

clambot

Veteran
As far as climate change, I believe in the kind that occurs over thousands and tens of thousands of years. We learned all about the Ice Ages in elementary school. I seem to recall that in the dinosaur days everything was jungle and dank and damp. Before that everything was all volcano, right? And before that, it was all ocean!! See how much I retained from elementary science? As far as people getting their limbs chopped

So they want to get amputated
There was (and maybe still is) a town in Florida that traditionally has been the "winter home" of many of the traveling carnivals that we used to see on a regular basis (not so common, now.) But throughout the fifties and sixties they were a commonplace in the late spring and summer. I seem to recall that these traveling carnivals showed up in our town the week after school was out for the year, and they were gone by Halloween time.

These were the "carnies" we called them, and they had nickel & dime games (how they cheated us out of our lunch money) and the safe "kiddie" rides and the not-so-safe dangerous rides (tilt-a-whirl, the "dragon" mini-roller coaster, and the rickety old ferris wheel were most common.) Not too many years ago I did some research on these carnies and used as my primary source a trade magazine that was devoted to them. My thesis was that they were "blinds" for a nefarious child trafficking network that roamed the U.S. I forget the name of the magazine ... I think it was Amusement Weekly, but I could be misremembering that.

To the point (or rather, the "nub" of today's tale): through this research I learned about "Carnieville"--the town in Florida that these carnies "retired" to in the winter season. I forget the actual name but I could look it up. At any rate, many older carnies became notorious in the last century for purposely maiming themselves to collect disability and retire to Carnietown. The usual maiming involved the deliberate self-amputation of a limb. VOILA!! Disability Approved, enjoy your retirement! As I recall, the left hand was usually the victim of choice.

True story, I swear on my Granny's Bible.

DarntheDarner

Established
As far as climate change, I believe in the kind that occurs over thousands and tens of thousands of years. We learned all about the Ice Ages in elementary school.
It's hard to say if they were even telling the truth about this, honestly. :(

I learned about "Carnieville"--the town in Florida that these carnies "retired" to in the winter season. I forget the actual name but I could look it up. At any rate, many older carnies became notorious in the last century for purposely maiming themselves to collect disability and retire to Carnietown. The usual maiming involved the deliberate self-amputation of a limb. VOILA!! Disability Approved, enjoy your retirement!
Wow, that really is crazy.
Must be desperate if they want to amputate something, sounds so final!
Wonder if this goes on all over the place.

DarntheDarner

Established

clambot

Veteran
I can attest that hereabouts in Texas, we have climate change every year.
Colder than the Arctic Circle in January ... hotter n blazes in August.
But as we say: if you don't like the weather, just wait a spell. She'll change.

polymoog

Superstar
Glad this thread exists so i can post my "opinion" that human caused climate change is a scam :)

International scientists have jointly signed a declaration dismissing the existence of a climate crisis and insisting that carbon dioxide is beneficial to Earth, contrary to the popular alarmist narrative.

A total of 1,609 scientists and professionals from around the world have signed the declaration, including 321 from the United States.

The coalition pointed out that Earth’s climate has varied as long as it has existed, with the planet experiencing several cold and warm phases. The Little Ice Age only ended as recently as 1850, they said.

"Therefore, it is no surprise that we now are experiencing a period of warming," the declaration said.

Warming is happening “far slower” than predicted by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

Climate models have many shortcomings and are not remotely plausible as policy tools,” the coalition said, adding that these models "exaggerate the effect of greenhouse gases" and "ignore the fact that enriching the atmosphere with CO2 is beneficial.” For instance, even though climate alarmists characterize CO2 as environmentally-damaging, the coalition pointed out that the gas is “not a pollutant.”

Carbon dioxide is “essential” to all life on earth and is “favorable” for nature. Extra CO2 results in the growth of global plant biomass while also boosting the yields of crops worldwide.

CLINTEL also dismissed the narrative of global warming being linked to increased natural disasters like hurricanes, floods, and droughts, stressing that there is “no statistical evidence” to support these claims.

There is no climate emergency. Therefore, there is no cause for panic and alarm. We strongly oppose the harmful and unrealistic net-zero CO2 policy proposed for 2050. Go for adaptation instead of mitigation; adaptation works whatever the causes are,” it said.

CLINTEL’s declaration against the climate change narrative counters propaganda spread by climate alarmists who have long predicted doomsday scenarios triggered by global warming—none of which have ever come true.

In 1970, some climate scientists predicted that the earth would move into a new ice age by the 21st century. Pollution expert James Lodge predicted that “air pollution may obliterate the sun and cause a new ice age in the first third of the new century,” according to The Boston Globe.

In May 1982, Mostafa Tolba, then-executive director of the United Nations environmental program, said that if the world did not change course, it would face an “environmental catastrophe which will witness devastation as complete, as irreversible, as any nuclear holocaust” by 2000.

In June 2008, James Hansen, director of NASA's Goddard Institute of Space Sciences, said that within five to 10 years, the Arctic would have no ice left in the summer.

As climate alarmists continue to spread propaganda about global warming, the topic has become an issue in the 2024 presidential race, with multiple candidates openly dismissing it.

In a July 13 post on X, Democrat presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. said that climate change “is being used to control us through fear.”

“Freedom and free markets are a much better way to stop pollution. Polluters make themselves rich by making the public pay for the damage they do," he said.

During the first 2024 GOP presidential debate, candidate Vivek Ramaswamy called climate change a “hoax.”

“The reality is, the anti-carbon agenda is the wet blanket on our economy. And so the reality is, more people are dying of bad climate change policies than they are of actual climate change,” he said.

High Temperatures, Biden’s Appliance Crackdown
Climate activists have insisted that global warming is responsible for the soaring temperatures across the United States, even claiming that temperatures are hitting record highs.

In a recent interview with The Epoch Times, John Christy, a climatologist and professor of atmospheric science at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, dismissed the narrative of record high temperatures.

“Regionally, the West has seen its largest number of hot summer records in the past 100 years, but the Ohio Valley and Upper Midwest are experiencing their fewest,” he said.

“For the conterminous U.S. as a whole, the last 10 years have produced only an average number of records. The 1930s are still champs.”

Climate change policies have been used to justify sweeping lifestyle changes across the United States by the Energy Department, like restricting home appliances, and sometimes, even outright banning them.

In June, the Energy Department proposed rules that would require ceiling fans to become more energy efficient, a development that could lead to manufacturers having to shell out $86.6 million per year in “increased equipment costs.”

In February, the DOE proposed energy efficiency rules targeting gas stoves that would affect half of all new models of such stoves sold in the United States while making most of the existing ones noncompliant.

In July, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission proposed a policy that would remove nearly all existing portable gas generators from the market.

The Biden administration has already implemented a ban on incandescent light bulbs, which came into effect on Aug. 1.

Vmort

Star
Hivites doing your climate

MonBra

Rookie
What do you think about solar panels? It seems that in facing the reality of climate change, adopting renewable energy sources like solar panels is crucial. They offer a sustainable solution to reduce carbon emissions and combat climate change. By harnessing the power of the sun, we can make a positive impact on the environment and create a more sustainable future.
I'm personally going to install the panels. I've already found the posigen customer support contacts here and I'll address them when I'm ready.
I think this is a good way out. We can take care of the climate and stay with energy.