Facebook "Trustworthiness" Scoring System

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Facebook is rating the trustworthiness of every user to crack down on 'bad actors' (but it won't tell you how you score)

• Facebook will soon rank users based on their 'trustworthiness' to stop fake news
  • The system will score users from zero to one and use other behavioral metrics
  • It's unclear who will get a score or what other metrics will be factored into scores
  • Some have criticized the move as being similar to China's social credit system
  • Earlier this year, Facebook asked users to rank news sites based on credibility
Facebook is secretly rating users based on their 'trustworthiness' to try and cut down on fake news on its platform.

The social media giant plans to assign users a reputation score that ranks them on a scale of from zero to one, according to the Washington Post.

It marks Facebook's latest effort to stave off fake news, bot accounts and other misleading content on its site.

But the idea of a reputation score has already generated skepticism about how Facebook's system will work, as well as criticism that it resembles China's social credit rating system.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6083181/Facebook-rating-trustworthiness-user-bid-bad-actors.html

Karlysymon

Superstar
Facebook is rating the trustworthiness of every user to crack down on 'bad actors' (but it won't tell you how you score)

• Facebook will soon rank users based on their 'trustworthiness' to stop fake news
  • The system will score users from zero to one and use other behavioral metrics
  • It's unclear who will get a score or what other metrics will be factored into scores
  • Some have criticized the move as being similar to China's social credit system
  • Earlier this year, Facebook asked users to rank news sites based on credibility
Facebook is secretly rating users based on their 'trustworthiness' to try and cut down on fake news on its platform.

The social media giant plans to assign users a reputation score that ranks them on a scale of from zero to one, according to the Washington Post.

It marks Facebook's latest effort to stave off fake news, bot accounts and other misleading content on its site.

But the idea of a reputation score has already generated skepticism about how Facebook's system will work, as well as criticism that it resembles China's social credit rating system.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6083181/Facebook-rating-trustworthiness-user-bid-bad-actors.html
I think this is very problematic. There are already instances where people are being jailed for their posts or where you are asked to give up your email & social media passwords at the airport (Israel). I see this being used to curtail peoples' freedoms. You won't be let through immigrations simply because you are untrustworthy and a possible threat. This sounds like Minority Report in its infancy. Seeing as Facebook is an Espionage-complex spawn, iam not exactly surprised.

Dan Northman

Rookie
My Grandma still uses Facebook.

I already have all her recipes and Boomer memes, so, no Facebag account for me.

The Zone

Star
I mentioned this subject yesterday in that it came out when others were caught up in the Monday barrage of news. I am on Facebook for business purposes only now and never post personal stuff anymore. I would suggest anyone who can to get off of it for they've (Robot Zuck) have been working with the government for years. A mass facial recognition program was launched three years ago and FB and Walmart were two of the ones complicit with all access and experimentation.

It is more than just reading your face new...it is reading your emotions through expressions which is an effort to control you. A store can ping your smartphone as you are walking by and send you personalized ads. Voice recognition is also a big part of things and they can literally frame any person at any time by digitally creating your voice or planting electronic footprints where you have never been.

Facebook admitted to experiments which meant putting only negative things on timelines as a study into your psyche four years ago. They will also, along with google intentionally show you ads designed to set you off. If you ever hit those buttons saying you do not want to see this ad, they gotcha and file your data. They will then intentionally show that ad again to elicit responses which they monitor. The goal is to see what it takes to see a person go into an irrational rage or way of thinking.

And then there is the data. Your data has been collected from the day you got on the web. All e-mails, surfing, etc is known an there are backdoors built into every electronic device. And it is all about control. Everyone should take a personal inventory of self and try to deprogram what they've fallen victim to ASAP. They have gained control over much of the world's populace already. Many of us are perfectly dumbed down zombies who simply spin on the hampster wheel provided. Those people live, eat, sleep and die without ever knowing what life is really about. They are enslaved by the morsels of entertainment provided as a distraction.

Last edited:

rainerann

Star
I haven't had Facebook in a while and never used it a whole lot when I did. I don't miss it. The place has turning into a cesspool. Unfortunately, I don't think many people will leave Facebook no matter what they do and this is because they feel dependent on other people to create technologies like Facebook. They don't feel like they are capable to do something similar so they will complain or they will conform because of this.

This is the real problem that is revealed when things like this are being discussed. People may debate this in forums and complain till the cows come home about the injustice of it and/or the potential consequences of it, but they won't be able to do anything about it because they seem to think that their complaint should be more valuable than educating themselves to develop the same skills that would create greater independence. Freedom of speech is not an excuse to be lazy and expect other people to cater to you when you do don't have the capacity to produce something with your own skills.

This is why I strongly believe that people should be learning to program and getting involved in some sort of independent computer science education. Many people are creating alternatives to online forums like Facebook and many more people would be capable of the same if they would take the time to educate themselves. These things may not create perfect solutions at the present time, but they do create alternatives that reduce dependencies on services like Facebook.

One that I have found recently that I like is called Brave. It is a web browser that has a counter for how many ads are blocked. I like this feature. They also have another feature that I like, which allows you to voluntarily pay for ads you view with money that would put into an account for this purpose. I like this because we also need to become more generous if we are going to overcome the challenges within our present generation. However, I honestly don't entirely know how this process works yet. I just know they have created the opportunity for voluntary generosity within their browser design, and I like this.

Bitchute has an option to tip people as well that replaces YouTube's dependency on advertisers to create income. We have to become generous if we are going to do anything about replacing all of the free services like Facebook and YouTube that depend on advertisers to create profits.

That is my take away from leaving Facebook and investigating alternatives. We need to become educated in the subject of computer science, and we need to become voluntarily generous with those around us in order to create solutions. If people want things to change, they need to set realistic goals that have a positive impact on other people like being educated and voluntarily generous would be able to do.

It really doesn't matter if you are only giving a dollar a month to some independent service. That is one dollar would help make these services truly free of big corporations.

Bacsi

Star
If you use Facebook for anything than keeping in contact with people, you're dumb in the first place.

You could, you know, fight. There's a lot of things you can do to put the wrench in the system and not just cry that it's all going to end.
Most people are so weak... Won't resist

Last time I checked,If you do not log out of Facebook,they will be able to access your other Apps and other stuff on your phone.I won’t be surprised if they are able to access other Apps even without logging out.

The Zone

Star
Most people cannot understand the legalese which is stated before you agree to use various web services. Then that branches out to each app which has its own user agreement. In short, they are well aware of the short attention spans which the web has intentionally created in people and they manipulate that. It is like watching a herd run for a steep cliff being unaware of the circumstances they're in until mid-fall.

The main purpose for the web for the nefarious ones was to simply collect data and then manipulate the population to their desire. It is very much like the frog in the pan theory being unaware that he is facing his own death by slowly being cooked to a crisp.