"Experts say" reparations for blacks would cost 6.2 Quadrillion dollars

rainerann

Star
I understand what you're saying and I mostly agree but a measure that looks even worse than the treaty of versailles won't fix the demons conveniently unleashed on American society today. The question of reparations isn't brought up by a consensus of people agreeing with it after an healthy debate but it's clearly brought up in a vindicative manner after destroyed statues to split the opinion even more. Apparently Joe Biden said he obviously agrees with this policy and somehow people have to believe he will do such things and bring peace while he said to Afghans who have been unjustly attacked by US forces because of him:

“There’s no possibility to unite that country, no possibility at all of making it a whole country,”

Reparation is clearly a red herring serving as a political argument to gain votes. No sane country looks back to the past with current sjw lens to ask today's citizens to pay with cash for the crimes of ancestors.
it doesn’t matter if it fixes it or not. If it is the right thing to do, then it is the thing that need to be done, and it is probably getting more attention because the black community has more of a voice today. People act like the black community has just been like whatever about neglecting to follow through with this ever since. The reality is that no one has been listening to their community. That is the reason we are still living in a world where this loose end exists.

So I don’t see it as a red herring. Even with its limitations, it is presenting itself in our political discussions because it has been neglected for over a hundred years due to racism and greed. Of course people want to justify not following through on this just like they did at the time, which created the current problem to begin with. History would be recorded differently if after slavery ended, reparations were paid because the end of slavery really meant the end of racism, but it didn’t.

hearing a discussion on this is a positive sign of change and the reality that the black community does legitimately have more of a voice today. Still, the matter of integrity stands. If you say you are going to do something, follow through.

Helioform

Star
The very idea of "reparation" is completely stupid.

Why the hell would the descendants of some of those who owned slaves pay the descendants of some of those slaves. I never had any slave so why would I pay them a single dime. They have things like affirmative action, welfare and the backing of most big corporations who are now fully SJWs. They never had it better but they continue to have the same victim mentality and instead of trying to better themselves using education they still point the finger at whitey. Don't get me wrong though, I can see some blacks actually working hard to better their condition. But the moronic SJWs try to portray them as helpless victims who constantly need government funding.

And nobody said that they would pay the 6.2 quadrillions obviously, since there is not even enough money in circulation in the entire world for that. It's just the fact that some fools calculated that each black person should receive 151 millions for slave work that they never did themselves. They count interest too. Utterly idiotic. Too many self-hating SJW whites in this generation.

Wigi

Veteran
it doesn’t matter if it fixes it or not. If it is the right thing to do, then it is the thing that need to be done, and it is probably getting more attention because the black community has more of a voice today. People act like the black community has just been like whatever about neglecting to follow through with this ever since. The reality is that no one has been listening to their community. That is the reason we are still living in a world where this loose end exists.

So I don’t see it as a red herring. Even with its limitations, it is presenting itself in our political discussions because it has been neglected for over a hundred years due to racism and greed. Of course people want to justify not following through on this just like they did at the time, which created the current problem to begin with. History would be recorded differently if after slavery ended, reparations were paid because the end of slavery really meant the end of racism, but it didn’t.

hearing a discussion on this is a positive sign of change and the reality that the black community does legitimately have more of a voice today. Still, the matter of integrity stands. If you say you are going to do something, follow through.
I wish I could be as optimistic as you are. Reparations wouldn't mean the end of racism back then, it is merely about financial compensation but today it's an unreasonable expectation that will lead to even more unreasonable requests.
Yes I believe it's a red herring as it is simply not possible to fulfill it with our crashing economy also it's not the only time that governments failed to keep their promises. Integrity is definitely not among the values promoted in our modern 'democracies' so indeed they fail to follow through.

shankara

Star
this country wastes so much money on military, we could have already paid for it a long time ago and been done with it.
But no! It's absolutely necessary to spend 800bn every year, enough to easily resolve the problem of extreme poverty and famine worldwide, in order to have machines to kill people. Without US hegemony we would all be living under evil dictatorships. The notion of using that money to help poor and disenfranchised people with few opportunities makes me sick, they have to suffer because obviously they are all lazy and don't understand "the American dream". Up the military! More death, now!

AlcyoneSong

Established
But no! It's absolutely necessary to spend 800bn every year, enough to easily resolve the problem of extreme poverty and famine worldwide, in order to have machines to kill people. Without US hegemony we would all be living under evil dictatorships. The notion of using that money to help poor and disenfranchised people with few opportunities makes me sick, they have to suffer because obviously they are all lazy and don't understand "the American dream". Up the military! More death, now!
To quote a Millennial "Shut up Karen", Do I need to even bring up the Khamar Rouge? Or how about Pol Pot? Go fix your own damn human trafficking and child sex slave problems and butt out of ours.

AlcyoneSong

Established
It’s about having integrity. Our country said they would pay reparations and never did. Reparations is not some new phenomenon considered as a solution to present racial tensions. It was supposed to be part the process of reversing the damage of slavery.

Slavery may have ended 150 years ago, but the agreement made when slavery ended to pay reparations was never completed. This is just a reality that you can pretend that doesn’t count because it is 2020, but it really still does. If you say you are going to do something, you should do it on an individual level or as a collective nation in this case.
Ha ha you're funny... the US Government NEVER had integrity. Even before we became the US ... we stole from the Native Americans. So yeah... go back to your bubble.

shankara

Star
To quote a Millennial "Shut up Karen", Do I need to even bring up the Khamar Rouge? Or how about Pol Pot? Go fix your own damn human trafficking and child sex slave problems and butt out of ours.
What do I have to do with the Khmer Rouge and Pol Pot!? Actually the US supported the Khmer Rouge, and were pretty much responsible for the otherthrow of Sihanouk, who simply wanted to be neutral. They also bombed Cambodian fields with napalm in order to render them infertile.

AlcyoneSong

Established
What do I have to do with the Khmer Rouge and Pol Pot!? Actually the US supported the Khmer Rouge, and were pretty much responsible for the otherthrow of Sihanouk, who simply wanted to be neutral. They also bombed Cambodian fields with napalm in order to render them infertile.
Fair enough but there is still the really ugly problem of human trafficking and child sex slave industry in your country.... sooo yeah go.

shankara

Star
Fair enough but there is still the really ugly problem of human trafficking and child sex slave industry in your country.... sooo yeah go.
My country? I'm not Cambodian, I'm European. Is it the Tibetan flag avatar? The name Shankara is after an Indian philosopher.

shankara

Star
I am sorry. That is egg on my ignorant face.
To be fair us Europeans are also somewhat militaristic and helped the yanquis in their projects in Afghanistan and Iraq. Well, some of us. We also have the whole dark history of colonialism, and after all it was us who originally settled the USA. But without seeking to deflect blame where it is due, AN 800BN YEARLY MILITARY BUDGET!? All the good that could do, and it's invested in killing people.

AlcyoneSong

Established
To be fair us Europeans are also somewhat militaristic and helped the yanquis in their projects in Afghanistan and Iraq. Well, some of us. We also have the whole dark history of colonialism, and after all it was us who originally settled the USA. But without seeking to deflect blame where it is due, AN 800BN YEARLY MILITARY BUDGET!? All the good that could do, and it's invested in killing people.
Yes it's crazy, but that's what is reported... I wonder if (this is a conspiracy site btw) some countries don't fully report their military budget spending to these groups because they want to appear a certain way? I find it really hard to believe England, Germany, France, and Italy don't have the defenses they would have for the budgets they are reporting to the journalism groups for a matter of national security they are with holding information.

shankara

Star
Yes it's crazy, but that's what is reported... I wonder if (this is a conspiracy site btw) some countries don't fully report their military budget spending to these groups because they want to appear a certain way? I find it really hard to believe England, Germany, France, and Italy don't have the defenses they would have for the budgets they are reporting to the journalism groups for a matter of national security they are with holding information.
I think that the European countries don't need so much force because they are not seeking to establish absolute hegemony and worldwide military dominance. Of course there is NATO, so they are protected by Uncle Sam already. The USA wants to be able to exert it's influence everywhere, with no possibility of any kind of resistance by any other nation or even groups of nations. It's the Yanqui Empire, basically.

AlcyoneSong

Established
I don't know, apparently Germany doesn't pay much as recently US is considering moving troops out of Germany and into Italy and Belgium. Much to the states dismay that a massive amount of US created revenue will now be put into other countries pockets.

*shrug*

The decision fulfills Trump’s announced desire to withdraw troops from Germany, at least in part due to its failure to spend enough on defense. Trump has frequently dressed down NATO counterparts and threatened to reduce U.S. military support if allies do not increase spending. Last year while in London, Trump singled out German Chancellor Angela Merkel for not meeting the 2% of GDP spending goal set in 2014. “So we’re paying 4 to 4.3% when Germany’s paying 1 to 1.2%, at max 1.2%, of a much smaller GDP. That’s not fair,” Trump said in December. According to the NATO figures, the U.S. spends less than Trump noted, 3.42% of GDP on defense, while Germany now spends 1.38%, which is an increase of about 11% from 2018.

Some people are calling this move a "Gift to Putin", and although I don't think Russia would be ballsy to just "invade" Germany.. it is sending a message. Anyway, the states in Germany that have US bases are not happy about it since they will be losing important revenue generated by the bases. Que sera sera.

cjkkw

Established
I don't know, apparently Germany doesn't pay much as recently US is considering moving troops out of Germany and into Italy and Belgium. Much to the states dismay that a massive amount of US created revenue will now be put into other countries pockets.

*shrug*

The decision fulfills Trump’s announced desire to withdraw troops from Germany, at least in part due to its failure to spend enough on defense. Trump has frequently dressed down NATO counterparts and threatened to reduce U.S. military support if allies do not increase spending. Last year while in London, Trump singled out German Chancellor Angela Merkel for not meeting the 2% of GDP spending goal set in 2014. “So we’re paying 4 to 4.3% when Germany’s paying 1 to 1.2%, at max 1.2%, of a much smaller GDP. That’s not fair,” Trump said in December. According to the NATO figures, the U.S. spends less than Trump noted, 3.42% of GDP on defense, while Germany now spends 1.38%, which is an increase of about 11% from 2018.

Some people are calling this move a "Gift to Putin", and although I don't think Russia would be ballsy to just "invade" Germany.. it is sending a message. Anyway, the states in Germany that have US bases are not happy about it since they will be losing important revenue generated by the bases. Que sera sera.

the best reperations is to ask for your souls. y'all won't ever own them seeing as how jesuschrist owns us. butt it's great revenge on jesuschrist for killing him at the cross.